Are you dealing with digestive problems?
Or do you simply want to boost your immune system and health?
Well, probiotics are some of the best supplements for both issues:
- increase microbiome and immunity
- improve gut bacteria and digestion
However, not all products work the same.
In fact – some can even cause more harm that good.
For this reason – here are the 9 best probiotic supplements (for both men & women) that are clinically proven.
Note: This list is based on 3 main criteria – quality/price, ingredients and results.
1. Producer: 1MD
2. Main Ingredients:
- BiomeMD Probiotic Blend: 13 Strains (42 Billion CFU)
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus (10 Billion)
- Bifidobacterium Lactis (10 Billion)
- Advanced Prebiotic Blend
3. Best For: A lack of good bacteria.
Due to its very high dose, it's excellent for:
- digestive issues
- stress/post antibiotic therapy
- damaged gut or low good bacteria
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $49 VS $30 (for the largest supply with auto-shipping).
1MD's product is by far the best existing probiotic.
So if there's a product that can really solve your digestion issues, it's surely this one.
Compared to any other high-quality supplement, it has some unbeatable features:
- One of the highest doses of bacterial strains (62 billion CFU).
- Also contains prebiotics (that feed bacterial strains).
- Works in over 97% of cases.
- Has over 9000 satisfied users behind.
Now – the supplement itself is based on a unique mechanism of action:
- special encapsulation technology
- can resist stomach acid
- faster (and better) absorption
Besides, its producer is one of the most reputable supplement brands worldwide.
But it's its formula that makes the difference.
BiomeMD is one of the few products that combines pre and probiotics:
- results appear much faster
- effect lasts way longer
Shortly – a combination of pre and probiotics leads to a superior effect.
However, these 2 types of ingredients are rarely combined (because of their high price).
For this reason, BiomeMD is incredibly cheap (even $30/bottle).
Besides, it's probably the most praised probiotic out there:
- Over 90% 5 stars reviews.
- Well over 9000 opinions from previous users.
- Huge satisfaction rate (above 97%).
Trust me – all these user reviews don't lie.
Since it also worked really well in my case, I strongly recommend BiomeMD.
At this point, it's simply the best probiotic in the world.
- Best ingredients combination among all probiotics
- Based on 13 most important bacterial strains
- Original encapsulation technique
- Contains both probiotics and prebiotics
- Higher doses than most similar products
- Lots of users that swear by it (about 97%)
- Works extremely fast
- Incredibly cheap (for its value)
- Not available in all countries
- More suitable for people with a lack of good bacteria
1. Producer: Wolfson Brands
2. Main Ingredients:
- Proprietary Blend (With MAKtrek) (40 Billion CFU)
3. Best For: People living outside the US.
Since my #1 pick (BiomeMD) isn't available worldwide, Probiology makes an excellent alternative.
It's a amazing probiotic, because it has the same features and effect for:
- digestive problems
- leaky gut
- immune support
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $60 VS $40 (for the largest supply).
Probiology is a pretty recent product, but its features are definitely impressive.
It's the absolute best probiotic for daily use:
- great dose of bacterial strains
- also contains prebiotics (besides probiotics)
- is formulated with a superior absorption technology (MAKtrek)
It's also great for severe digestive problems.
That's why it has so many people who swear by it (despite being a recent product).
Besides, it's excellent as a probiotic for regular use.
But there's more – a major advantage it has is that it ships worldwide:
- free shipping in any country
- offers a 60 days money back guarantee
- also offers a full refund in this period
That's why I strongly recommend Probiology for people living outside the US.
It's a very effective probiotic.
It's so impressive (and special) because of its unique encapsulation technology (MAKtrek):
- Pills are designed to reach the intestines as they are.
- All active substances are properly absorbed.
- Stomach acid doesn't destroy the bacteria inside the pills.
Besides, it comes probiotics with prebiotics.
That's a very rare feature in probiotic supplements (95% don't do that).
This explains why Probiology's effect appears is stronger faster (than in products with no prebiotics).
So this supplement makes an amazing option for probiotics.
- Best option for people outside the US
- Contains the top 4 bacterial strains (in terms of effect)
- Is based on probiotics and prebiotics
- Has a superior absorption technology (MAKtrek)
- Effect appears much faster than in other supplements
- Huge rate of satisfied (and repeated) customers
- No side effects
- 60 days money-back guarantee (for all countries)
- Free shipping worldwide
- Only available on its official page
- Pretty recent product
- A bit on the more expensive side
1. Producer: Revival Point
2. Main Ingredients:
- Super Bacterial Strains (25 Billion CFU in total)
- Booster Bacterial Strains
3. Best For: Losing weight while reducing digestive/gut problems.
Basically – it's the best probiotic for weight loss (through a different approach):
- decreases appetite and cravings
- reduces calories absorption
- improves digestion and gut health
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $49 VS $33 (for the largest supply).
FloraSpring is definitely an excellent probiotic overall.
But despite helping digestion and gut issues – it's specially designed for weight loss.
In fact, it has a unique mechanism of action.
That's because it promotes weight loss while improving digestion as well:
- Decreases hunger and cravings.
- Increases metabolic speed.
- Reduces the amount of calories absorbed.
Now – a lot of people don't manage to lose weight because of their gut imbalance.
But most of them aren't even aware of this problem.
That's why FloraSpring is suitable for people who cannot lose weight.
Plus, it also solves their digestive issues additionally:
- lots of previous users that swear by it
- many satisfied customers behind
Besides – FloraSpring is a lot more tolerated than most probiotics.
That's why its rate of side effects is extremely low.
So all in all – it's a probiotic I would strongly recommend.
If you're trying to lose weight without much success, FloraSpring is a really good (and safe) option.
See my full FloraSpring review
- Best probiotic for people who try to lose weight naturally
- Based on a unique mechanism of action
- Works in a huge per cent of cases
- Lots of satisfied previous users
- Extremely safe and well-tolerated
- Pretty affordable
- Price is much higher on retailers (than on its official page)
1. Producer: Nature's Formula
2. Main Ingredients:
- BioFit Probiotic Blend (5 Billion CFU)
- Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs)
3. Best For: Losing weight naturally.
It's mostly a weight loss probiotic (more than it helps gut issues):
- boosts metabolism
- leads to a faster weight loss
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $69 VS $49 (for the largest supply).
BioFit is one of the most popular weight loss probiotics out there.
And that's not a surprise – because it's a really high quality product:
- based on some really potent bacterial strains
- improves both digestion and weight management
- boosts metabolic rate
Now, BioFit isn't as potent as the 3 supplements above when it comes to digestive issues.
It surely helps bloating and gut problems – but it's not the best at this chapter.
Instead, it works amazingly for weight loss:
- Allows you to eat the same foods as before.
- Works by speeding up digestion and metabolism.
- Also increases weight loss speed.
Honestly, BioFit works about the same as FloraSpring (in terms of intensity).
However – it's a bit pricier, which is why it's not higher on this list.
But if you want a popular probiotic that really works for weight loss, it's an excellent choice.
- Can boost weight loss without dieting/exercising
- Based on several essential bacterial strains
- Many satisfied users behind
- Excellent results for weight loss
- No regular side effects
- Comes with a 180-days money back guarantee
- Not the most effective option for gut issues
- Several fake versions sold online
- Original product is only available on its official website
5. Synbiotic 365
1. Producer: Nature M.D.
2. Main Ingredients:
- Probiotic Blend (20 Billion CFU)
3. Best For: Digestive health and weight management.
It's designed for both issues – so it's another weight loss probiotic.
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $45 VS $34 (for the largest supply with subscription).
Synbiotic 365 is a very potent probiotic overall:
- excellent composition with varied ingredients
- made by a reputable producer
Besides, like many supplements from this list – it's also helpful for weight loss.
But like in the case of others, it's much better for weight management than for severe gut issues.
The only downside it has is a higher risk of side reactions.
Compared to other probiotics, it tends to cause side effects more often.
Still, it's far from a bad product overall:
- Many satisfied users behind.
- Most complaints are related to its price/packaging.
- Really easy to take everyday.
So all in all – Synbiotic 365 doesn't make my top recommended probiotic.
But given all of its features, it's a really good option overall.
See my full Synbiotic 365 review
- Helpful for both digestion and weight management
- Based on some really varied ingredients
- Works well in a lot of cases
- Could be pricier
- Causes more side effects than most probiotics
- Higher rate of complaints (than in the products above)
6. Peptiva Probiotics
1. Producer: Adaptive Health
2. Main Ingredients:
- Proprietary Probiotic Matrix (26 Billion CFU)
- GABA, Valerian, Melatonin
3. Best For: Restoring gut health while sleeping:
- promotes a healthy sleep
- improves gut and digestion
It's a special probiotic that also helps sleep.
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $50 VS $50 (no discounts for a larger quantity).
Peptiva's product makes a really unique probiotic.
That's because it's one of the few supplements designed for both sleep and digestion.
And judging after its composition – it has all chances to be effective:
- based on some essential bacterial strains
- also contains sleep boosters
- high doses overall
Now – I would say that its doses are a bit too high for its goal.
That's why Peptiva Probiotics has quite a high rate of side effects (compared to its competitors).
Still, that doesn't mean it causes side reactions on a regular basis.
They are simply more common that the products above.
Plus – it's a bit pricey for its features.
But even so – all in all, it makes a really good choice.
If you're looking for a 2-in-1 sleep supplement and probiotic, it's perfect for you.
See my full Peptiva Probiotics review
- Works for both sleep and gut health
- Excellent composition with potent ingredients
- Really easy to find in retailers
- Side effects are more common than in most probiotics
- Could be a bit cheaper
- No discounts of larger quantities
7. Stonehenge Probiotics
1. Producer: Stonehenge Health
2. Main Ingredients:
- Dynamic Strain Probiotic Blend (51 Billion CFU)
- Prebiotic Fiber Blend
3. Best For: Repairing the gut.
Like the previous product, it's also a classic probiotic with digestive benefits.
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $41 VS $30 (for a larger supply).
In terms of composition, Stonehenge's product looks great:
- contains both pre and probiotics
- based on 16 different bacterial strains
However – it contains a huge dose of probiotics (nothing less than 51 billion CFU).
For a person with no severe gut issues, it's way too much in the long run:
- Very high risk of side effects.
- Many complaints about adverse reactions.
So Stonehenge Probiotics is an excellent option for people with a lack of good bacteria.
In terms of potency and effect, it's really strong.
But it's also quite dangerous for people with no serious issues.
Besides, it's not extremely pricey – but it's more expensive than 1MD's product (my top recommendation).
Since that one has a superior formula, Stonehenge's supplement isn't such an amazing deal.
See my full Stonehenge Probiotics review
- Combines pre and probiotics
- Really high doses overall
- Based on 16 essential bacterial strains
- High rate of side effects
- Dangerous to use in the long run
- Could be a few dollars cheaper
8. Bio Complete 3
1. Producer: Gundry MD
2. Main Ingredients:
- Tributyrin (CoreBiome), Sunfiber
- Bacillus Coagulans (ProDURA)
3. Best For: A healthy gut lining.
It's helpful for both digestion and overall immunity.
It also claims to help with weight loss additionally, but that's not one of its main benefits.
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $70 VS $57 (lower price is on Amazon).
Bio Complete 3 is one of the most popular probiotics out there.
And at first sight, it looks really impressive.
That's because it's one of the few supplements that combines pre, post and probiotics.
However – if you take a closer look, it's not that impressive anymore:
- low dose of probiotics
- only contains one bacterial strain
In other words – Bio Complete 3 is a very weak product as a probiotic alone.
It is indeed a potent pre and postbiotic.
But these features aren't even as important as its probiotic ones.
That's the main reason why it's not higher on my list, which is actually meant to rank probiotics.
Besides, there are a couple of other downsides about it:
- A lot of complaints about side effects.
- Many unsatisfied customers.
- Requires a high number of pills per day.
Now – Bio Complete 3 is an excellent pre/postbiotic.
That's exactly why I included it on this list.
But as a probiotic, it could be a lot better overall.
See my full Bio Complete 3 review
- Contains pre, post and probiotics
- Excellent composition as a pre/postbiotic
- Based on trademark ingredients
- Made by a very famous supplement brand
- Very weak as a probiotic alone
- Only contains one bacterial strain (in a pretty low dose)
- High serving size (4 pills/day)
- Causes side effects quite often
9. Bio Kult
1. Producer: Protexin
2. Main Ingredients:
- Probiotic Mix (2 Billion CFU)
3. Best For: Improving digestion and gut.
It's a classic probiotic with no extra benefits (which is not a bad thing at all).
So it's specially designed for digestive health.
4. Standard VS Lowest Price: $35 VS $35 (price is about the same no matter how many bottles you buy).
What makes Bio Kult stand out at first is its really affordable price.
Now – its pricing options depend on the number of capsules/bottle:
- An adult should take 4 capsules daily (for best results).
- A 120-capsules bottle costs about $35.
- Price is actually higher if you buy several bottles at once.
It's true that a 30-capsules bottle costs $15, which is super affordable.
But this quantity isn't enough for more than a week.
Besides, Bio Kult doesn't have such an impressive formula either.
It is indeed based on 14 potent strains – but their overall dose is rather low.
It remains a decent probiotic, but it's not my top recommended one.
- Based on 14 potent bacterial strains
- Made by a popular brand
- Pretty slow effect
- Very low doses for a probiotic (2 billion CFU)
- High number of pills per day
My Verdict – What's The Best Probiotic?
Short answer:It's 1MD's BiomeMD, for sure.
Among all products from this list – it has by far the best features:
- Best formulation with the most potent bacterial strains.
- Combines prebiotics with probiotics.
- Excellent effect for digestive issues.
- Huge success rate (over 97% of cases).
- Over 9000 satisfied customers behind.
- Really affordable for its quality.
So if there's a probiotic I would strongly recommend, it's surely this one.
Whether you're a male or a female – its benefits are the same for both genders.
Obviously, all products from this list are very effective.
But in terms of ingredients and quality/price, BiomeMD is clearly the best.
So you will make the best decision going for it.
Trust me, it can improve your digestion issues (and health) dramatically.
6 thoughts on “9 Best Probiotic Supplements In 2023 (Men & Women)”
Thank you for creating an article like this one. I am a full-time mom and I don’t have so much time to read all the full product articles in a day. When I wake up, I go to the kitchen right away to cook breakfast for the kids and then clean after. During lunchtime, I prepare lunch and do the laundry. In the evening, I prepare dinner and clean. The last part of my day is dedicated to showering my kids, preparing them for bed, and preparing their stuff in the morning. To give even give you a full picture, I have 5 kids and then my husband. So my “me time” is only during the night before I sleep. My main message in this comment is I am thankful you provided a summary of the best probiotics to try. I am actually looking for a good one that can be used by me and my husband. In life, we always consult each other so at least now I have several options to present to him.
Hello, Gretch89! We’re happy to hear that you liked articles like this. People like you keep us motivated to write more. Five kids are a lot and I’m very amazed at how you can handle everything every day. Moms are amazing and we bow down to you, it’s a very hard task but you’re very dedicated in everything that you do for your family. Also, I like how you and your husband have this kind of relationship where you need to consult each other. Let us know which Probiotic supplement you and your husband decided to take. Good luck!
This is an interesting product review. Where can I see the separate links for each product in this review? I was hoping you provided the links along the way but I can manage to search each product on this website. I suffer indigestion for a very long time, 5 years to be exact. Ever since I started taking probiotics, they work okay but nothing feels right so even though I have a standard one, I am still looking online. Hoping I can find a better probiotic supplement. I appreciate you listing the pros and cons because it is really helpful to narrow down the choices I would like to try after consulting my doctor.
Hello, Claudio! You can click the underlined phrase “See my full review” just above the PROs of each product mentioned above and then you will be redirected to each individual product review. You can also check our “Probiotics” category or just click the phrase and you will be redirected to that website page for more probiotic supplement reviews. Take your time in reading each supplement review and let us know which probiotic supplement you would love to try. Also, thank you so much for appreciating our articles, it keeps us motivated to do more. Keep us posted and good luck!
Lmao that’s not a customer review, that’s a sales pitch.
Let me guess…..
All of these products are affiliated with you.
Did you just summarize all the products you recommend for easy sales?
No hate but I think I’ve seen this film before, and I didn’t like the ending.
A lot of “review” websites disguise as “review” websites but at the end of the day, they are just online marketplaces with different looks.
Are you different or the same as them?
Where are the testimonies of the people who experienced taking it?
Are there any at all?
Unless no one really tried any of these products yet.
Hi, Marjorita! This article is made to summarize and list the Best Probiotic Supplements for Men & Women. Our website is made to review different types of supplements to help people find the right product for them. Also, we do this for people who are curious and want to do some research first before purchasing the product they want to try. If you want to read the reviews from people who actually tried the supplements above, you can actually click the underlined phrase “See my full review” just above the PROs of each product mentioned above and then you will be redirected to each individual product review. You will see a chapter where we talk about the positive and negative opinions of people who tried the product. Hope this helps!