It’s time to review Culturelle Probiotics – which is one of the most popular probiotic supplements.
But is the hype worth it? I would think twice:
- low doses
- only contains one strain
- not as cheap as it seems
Well, I will show what I found out about this product after my careful research.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Culturelle Probiotics.
Full Name: Culturelle® Digestive Daily Probiotic Capsules by i-Health
Product Type: Probiotics
Best Actual Price: Starts at $17
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Supporting digestive health
My Rating: 5 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – there are several factors why:
- minimal formula
- not as affordable as it seems
- effect isn't very fast
I actually know a better alternative that makes the best probiotic from the market.
What I Liked About It
- Reliable producer
- A lot of authentic user reviews
- Available in different retailers
- Really affordable
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Contains one bacterial strain only
- Can lead to regular side reactions
- Works slowly
- Bad product handling
- Serving size depends on the situation
- Not as cheap as it seems initially
#1 – Claims & Producer
Here are the basic info you should about the supplement:
- how it works
- what health problems it helps
- company/producer behind
Culturelle Probiotic's official statement is that it “helps your digestive system work better!”
And the benefits are said to be pretty varied:
- balances digestive system
- helps with digestion problems
- supports overall digestive health
Now – there are some different versions of the supplement:
- 14 Types of Probiotics for adult
- 3 Kinds of Gummies for family
- 8 Chewables and Packets for kids
- 4 Types of Drops for babies
But as I said – I want to focus this review on Culturelle® Digestive Daily Probiotic Capsules.
And that's because it's more popular than the other products.
There's also a claim saying that the product has the following characteristics:
- vegetarian & vegan
Honestly, this product's promises all are straight to the point, which is great.
2. Company Behind
Culturelle® is made by a company called i-Health, Inc.
I looked into its official website and found out some essential info:
- sells products for women's health, probiotics and menopausal relief
- has 3 different brands
- has different contact info for international and local buyers
Overall – it looks like a lot of people trust this brand, so I would say that it's safe to buy from it.
#2 – Ingredients (4 out of 10)
Here's why I think that Culturelle's formula isn't too strong:
- 10 billion CFU
- 40 mg (probiotic)
- only one bacterial strain
Now, the doses themselves are quite regular – so nothing to complain about here.
But the variety of its compounds is really disappointing.
There are only 2 major ingredients present in the supplement:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG – prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in the stomach 
- Inulin (Chicory Root Extract) – feeds good gut bacteria and promotes good digestion 
The remaining ingredients have nothing to do with the active compounds.
They're mostly involved in the consistency and texture.
Honestly – I was expecting more from Culturelle Probiotics because of its fame.
But it looks like the formula is not too potent.
I'm not saying that it's ineffective, it's simply pretty basic (compared to others).
Overall – the formula of Culturelle is weaker than other products.
So it's better for people with low tolerance when it comes to probiotics .
But if you ask me, I still think that there are much better alternatives out there.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (8 out of 10)
Here's what you should about Culturelle Probiotics' characteristics.
Let me describe the supplement for you:
- light beige to white color
- normal capsule size
- normal probiotic smell
Now – the product looks like a typical drug in capsule form.
The only problem I see is it won't be easy to take, if you're not used to taking supplements.
Based on the product's website, here's the usage instruction for people above 12 years old:
- a capsule daily for optimal results
- for occasional digestive problems, take 2 capsules daily (morning and night)
- take 2 capsules when traveling (morning and night)
If there's a digestive problem, take the supplement as indicated until the pain subsides.
When traveling, it's better to take 2 capsules daily (2-3 days prior to your travel and throughout your trip).
Now – I would say that that the usage instructions are quite easy to follow.
But they are a bit tricky, since the daily dose isn't always the same.
#4 – Results (7 out of 10)
Honestly – there are a lot of customer reviews for Culturelle Probiotics.
I find it a good sign, since they can show you how this product actually works.
So the comments will be very helpful to avoid giving you a biased point of view.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
Amazon seems to be the most popular seller of the supplement.
So here's what satisfied consumers say about this product:
- Most felt their digestion became better after using the product.
- Others said that it's good for people with chronic stomach issues.
- Some mentioned that it helped a lot with diarrhea, IBS and other digestive problems.
- The rest commented that it's worth it and will recommend it to everyone.
The overall rating of Culturelle Probiotics is 4.7 stars out of 5.
And considering the 18,456 people who rated it, it's obvious that it's a really good rating.
2. Negative Opinions
Now – I'm quite curious about how the product works for unsatisfied customers:
- A lot of users complained about receiving expired products.
- Some also mentioned that they received opened boxes/blisters packs.
- Most negative comments also mentioned that it doesn't work or that it took too long to work.
- A few buyers also experienced adverse reactions.
If you ask me, these testimonies are something to keep in mind.
So it's up to you if you want to give this supplement a try or not.
Culturelle Probiotics is a supplement that a lot of users really loved.
However – it's not perfect, just like any other probiotics.
Its complaints and negative reviews are the best proof for this.
So it's up to you if you want to try it or not.
But I still believe there are better options out there, so I wouldn't really try it out.
#5 – Side Effects (5 out of 10)
Honestly – I wasn't expecting too many side effects from Culturelle Probiotics.
But I found some complaints from other customers:
- stomach pain/intestinal issues
- severe allergies and flare-ups
- lost mental focus
- burning/sore mouth
If you ask me, these are some pretty serious issues.
That's because most probiotics are pretty safe when it comes to side effects.
And even if they do cause some – they're pretty far (in terms of severity).
So I suggest you take Culturelle's signs very seriously.
A supplement should help you – instead of worsening the health issues you already have.
#6 – Price (4 out of 10)
Honestly – Culturelle Probiotics might seem really cheap at first.
But if you consider the other aspects of it, it's not a good option.
1. The Exact Price
Based on Culturelle's website, the product is available in different retailers.
This includes Amazon, Target, Walmart, Walgreens and i-Herb.
But I chose the pricing list on Amazon, since it's pretty much the lowest:
- 30 days count costs $16.88
- 60 days count costs $22.49
- Free shipping and discount upon subscription
I would say that the price range of Culturelle Probiotics is in the middle.
It does seem really low, but that's not really the case.
That's why it doesn't mean that it's worth buying right away.
2. Competitors’ Price
If you want a product that's worth its price, I have my top recommended probiotic.
The product I'm talking about is BiomeMD:
- BiomeMD has 15 bacterial strains that are essential to your gut.
- It contains both pre and probiotics.
- Culturelle Probiotics contains only one bacterial strain and a herbal-based ingredient.
- The overall formulation is weak and works slowly.
- BiomeMD requires only one capsule to work potently.
- Meanwhile, Culturelle Probiotics require 2 capsules on occasional digestive problems.
- The cost of BiomeMD is $49 but it can be bought for only $28.
- Culturelle Probiotics' price starts at $17.
Now, BiomeMD is a lot more expensive than Culturelle Probiotics.
But that's because it offers more when it comes to being effective and pretty strong.
That's why it makes the best probiotic I know right now.
Overall – I consider it a lot more worth the money, since it can treat most stomach issues.
In my opinion, Culturelle Probiotics is not as cheap as it gives the impression.
That especially it has less to offer in other aspects.
Now – I'm not not saying that it's a bad or terrible product.
But I just think that it not a wise choice, even for this price.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Here's how I would like to sum up my points about Culturelle Probiotics.
1. Weak Formula
Here are the reasons why I think the supplement is not that strong:
- 1 bacterial strain only
- 10 billion CFU
- 40 mg (probiotic)
Again, I'm not saying that it's a bad supplement and that it's not effective.
I just see Culturelle Probiotics good for people with low tolerance to probiotics.
2. Solid Background
The thing about the supplement is that it comes from a trusted company.
i-Herb's products were tried by a lot of people. which makes it a staple for some.
So in my opinion, I think it's safe to buy Culturelle Probiotics (when it comes to credibility).
3. Quite Pricey
Honestly – I think the price of this supplement is a not that amazing:
- 30 days count costs $16.88
- poor product handling and expired items
I think the price is a little high than it should be (especially because of its poor handling).
It's not a bad option, but it's not really worth it either.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not quite – even though it's not a bad product at all:
- Contains only one bacterial strain
- Can cause a lot of side reactions
- Works but not that fast
- Could be even cheaper than this
- Poor product handling/many expired products
Now – Culturelle Probiotics has a lot of satisfied users.
So it's clearly not a scam, but a decent supplement.
However – digestive problems require a better combination, in my view.
And that's why I personally use and recommend another alternative.
The product I'm talking about is called BiomeMD:
- Works really well and fast
- It's a 2-in-1 pre and probiotic
- Quality/price ratio is a really good
- Contains 15 bacterial strains essential for the gut
If you ask me, I think it's a better choice – since it's superior in a lot of aspects.
And for the price, you will surely get the quality you need (and even more).
Overall – I would say that BiomeMD is a much better option.
After all, that's what I use and I will surely stick to it for a long while.