It’s time to compare 2 of the top products against under-eye aging – Plexaderm VS Genucel.
Both products are very popular – but they also have some questionable aspects.
So here comes the question:
- Which of them can really help with under-eye problems?
- Which will give long-term effects?
- And lastly, which is a better deal overall?
I dug deep into these 2 products, in order to give you the best recommendation.
Note: This review is based on my experience + research on these 2 products.
#1 – Ingredients – WINNER: Genucel
In my opinion, Genucel’s formula is better compared to Plexaderm:
- has more ingredients overall
- contains several vitamins and plant extracts
- has some major skin care compounds
But I will give you more details about each product’s ingredients.
Note: I analyzed the key ingredients of the two skin care products.
1. Plexaderm’s Ingredients
Unlike Genucel, Plexaderm has fewer ingredients in its final formula.
Now – among all its compounds, here are the most important ones:
- Argireline – lessens the formation of fine lines 
- Soluble Collagen – acts like a filler for fine lines 
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein – maintains skin moisturized 
Unfortunately – judging after its ingredients, Plexaderm doesn’t seem very potent.
Its overall formula looks more suitable for aesthetic purposes (not for an actual treatment).
That’s why the effect tends to lasts quite a short period.
2. Genucel’s Ingredients
Again – between the two, Genucel has a more promising formula.
It’s not the best anti-aging cream I know, in terms of composition.
But its formula is stronger and more potent than that of Plexaderm:
It contains 4 key ingredients:
- Eyeseryl® – reduces fine lines 
- PhytoCellTec® – deeply protects from sun damage 
- Malus Domestica – increases skin stem cells vitality 
- Hydrolyzed (Marine) Collagen – repairs elastin fibers and skin collagen 
Now – there are other compounds worth mentioning as well.
But they don’t have such high concentrations – so they contributes less to the cream’s effect.
Overall – between these two, Genucel’s formula has more potential for a long-term effect.
If you compare them side by side – Genucel has a more promising formula.
- Genucel has a lot more skin care ingredients for the long-term
- Plexaderm’s compounds don’t have too many anti-aging benefits
Now, each of these 2 products has a different goal.
So their ingredient have quite a different skin effect as well.
For this reason – if you want a long-term effect, go for Genucel.
But if you want a fast aesthetic effect, choose Plexaderm instead, it’s better for the short run.
#2 – Consistency & Dosage – WINNER: Plexaderm
When it comes to directions and consistency, Plexaderm wins this time:
- has some clearer directions on how to use it
- its texture is described in details
But let’s look further at each product.
Here’s what you should know about this cream’s texture:
- a little thick in consistency
- light to medium beige in color
- faint chemical scent
For the instructions on how to use it properly, it has quite a few specifications as well:
- You have to apply it in upward and outward strokes.
- Make sure to wait until it soaks in (10 minutes).
- Apply it daily.
Other than that, there are a few tips on what you can combine it with:
- an oil-free moisturizer (10-20 minutes prior)
- makeup with dry/powdery formula
So in my view, this cream has a lot more info – which is good for the consumers.
Especially those who want to use the product correctly and properly.
There isn’t much info on how Genucel looks like – but here’s what I found out about it:
- color light to medium beige
- slightly thick
- light chemical scent
And for the cream’s dosage, you should use it twice a day.
In terms of application – there isn’t a very detailed instruction page.
But you can apply it as any regular under-eye cream.
As I said – the instructions are a little off for me, because they could have been better.
It’s always good to have a product with clear directions on how to use it.
Even though Plexaderm is more of an asesthetic product, it offers a lot more info about its consistency.
Not to mention the very specific directions on how you should use it.
On the other hand, Genucel has only some very brief instructions.
So for this part , Plexaderm is clearly better.
#3 – Results – WINNER: Plexaderm
In terms of product results, Plexaderm has way more customer reviews than Genucel.
This means that a lot of people actually tried Plexaderm and testified about its effects.
So let’s take a look at the results experienced by people who bought these products.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
Meanwhile – Plexaderm has a lot of reviews (both positive and negative).
Let’s take a look at the most common opinions of people who tried it:
- Most say it works and their fine lines were gone.
- Some said that it’s really good at quick cover-up and acts as fillers.
- There are also a lot of complaints about the pump not working.
- A few users experienced receiving a dried-up product or an empty bottle.
Plexaderm has some mixed reviews overall – but that’s a sign it was used by lots of people.
I will always prefer a product with more authentic reviews.
So despite its numerous complaints, it doesn’t have a negative feedback overall.
The only reviews I read about this product are from:
- its official page
- 3rd party websites
However – there were quite few opinions overall:
- Almost all of the positive comments sound generic.
- The format of the reviews is written in a promotional tone.
- A lot of the comments said it’s effective but are not really specific with the effects.
- Lastly – a lot of complaints about payments, subscriptions and unsubscribing.
As for the reviews that were 100% authentic, I could only find some on BBB.
In terms of results, this cream has a limited number of people who actually tried it.
Compared to Plexaderm, there are far less opinions.
Both skin care products have enough negative reviews behind
Still, the complaints on Plexaderm are way more general than for Genucel.
So if I have to choose which one is a little better, it would be Plexaderm.
It has more authentic reviews and there are a lot of real customers who were actually satisfied with it.
#4 – Side Effects – DRAW
As I always say, side effects are quite common in any skin care product.
That’s because there isn’t a product made for everyone.
And Plexaderm and Genucel are about the same at this chapter.
Plexaderm has a lot of reviews – and these are the most common side effects experienced by people who tried it:
- skin and eye irritation
- swelling and burning sensations
- skin redness/abrasion
These side effects are quite serious, to be honest.
Basically – it means that the serum’s composition can be too strong.
So not all people can tolerate the formulation.
Since there are only limited reviews available for Genucel, it’s hard to tell if it can cause side effects.
I only encountered one complaint from a customer (saying that it causes a bad skin reaction).
Still – one complaint is not enough.
But if I were to judge, here are the possible side effects of this product:
- can be too strong for the skin
- may not work at all
- might work well
As I said – this product’s formula can be either weak or too harsh.
So it may have a lower rate of side effects than Plexaderm, but that’s only because it has few reviews overall.
It’s safe to say that you will experience fewer side effects with Genucel.
However – this is only because there are not too many customer’s testimonies about this cream.
Plexaderm has several complaints on side effects because there are a lot more people who reviewed it.
For now, it’s really hard to judge – since these products don’t have the same number of opinions.
#5 – Price – WINNER: Plexaderm
When it comes to their, it is obvious which product is cheaper.
Plexaderm costs less than Genucel – so I think it’s a better choice.
Note: I will only analyze the price of the 2 skin care products (without the other products from their range).
Compared to Genucel’s offers – Plexaderm has a lot more deals.
But even if I choose it as the winner here, I still consider it very expensive:
- There’s a Trial Pack (6 applications) that costs $14.95
- A full bottle costs $59.95
- There’s a “Buy 2 Get 1 Free”offer (3 bottles) for $119.90
- Free shipping is included
The good part with Plexaderm is that you have the choice to go for the Trial Pack first.
This is useful especially if you want to test out the product first.
Other than that, the regular price is still very expensive.
So keep in mind that using this product for the long term can be a hole in your budget.
To summarize everything – the lowest price I could find for Genucel is $89:
- that’s for one tube
- it only contains 15 ml (0.5 fl. oz.)
- there’s a 1+1 offer for $133.50
- offers free shipping
Even with all these deals, I still consider Genucel very expensive.
Besides, once you purchase from this brand, you’re automatically placed on auto-shipping.
Now – Genucel has many complaints about unsubscribing and extra charges charges.
So I would seriously think twice about going for it.
Between the 2, Plexaderm is almost $30 cheaper and has a lot more deals than Genucel.
However – both products are still expensive overall.
If you ask me, I would just recommend a product that costs $60 but work much better.
Given its long-term and skin-deep benefits – it makes a much better investment.
#6 – Pros & Cons
If you’re still unsure between Plexaderm and Genucel, I made a little summary for you.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of each product.
My Verdict – Plexaderm Or Genucel?
Short answer: Probably Plexaderm – since it scored better overall:
- Plexaderm won 3 chapters
- Genucel won 2 chapters
As you noticed, the difference is pretty minor – so both products have their own advantages.
But in my own opinion, Plexaderm is slightly better.
So if you’re wondering which one of these products I would try – it would probably Plexaderm:
- it’s way cheaper than Genucel
- it has lot of authentic customer reviews
- it’s true to its claims
If you want my honest recommendation, it none of these 2 products (neither Plexaderm nor Genucel).
Instead – I recommend a cream called Repair & Release Cream from South Beach Skin Lab:
- Excellent and strong formula based on 2 trademarks.
- It has long-term benefits and a proven effect.
- It’s very good against wrinkles and fine lines.
- Works way better than Plexaderm and Genucel.
Although the price of South Beach Skin Lab Cream is $60, you can get it for about $40 in the best case.
That’s a lot less than both Plexaderm and Genucel.
Besides avoiding the payment hassles and high chances of side effects, you will also get a better product.
So overall, that’s what I would go for.