Is Just Thrive Probiotics a scam? – it is a supplement for digestive health.
But is this product good enough?:
- weak formulation
- expensive price
- uncommon side effects
Or is there a chance that Just Thrive Probiotics is actually a scam?
Let's take a look at the different aspects of this product, to see the real deal behind it (+ video).
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Just Thrive Probiotics.
Full Name: Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant by Just Thrive
Product Type: Probiotics
Best Actual Price: Around $50
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Restoring a healthy digestive system:
- provides antioxidants
- balances the microbiome
- conditions the gut
My Rating: 5.5 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – there are some major disadvantages it has:
- high price tag
- weak formulation
- pretty slow effect
Now – I want to recommend you the best probiotic from the market instead, it makes a much better choice.
What I Liked About It
- Comes with a professional website
- Has several authentic customer reviews
- Contains some patented ingredients
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Quite expensive
- Only contains 4 bacterial strains
- Pretty low doses overall
- Tends to work quite slowly
- Can cause some unusual (and serious) side effects
#1 – Claims & Producer
Let's start with the basic things about this product:
- how it works
- what is the company behind
- the health issues it targets
Just Thrive Probiotics claims to have a “1000x better survivability (vs greek yogurt and leading probiotics).”
It also states to have 100% spore-based ingredients:
- boost the immune system and energy
- support digestive and emotional health
- improve flora balance
- encourage healthy weight management
Also – Just Thrive takes pride in its all-natural formulations because it's non-GMO.
And it's made without soy, dairy, sugar, salt, corn, tree nuts or gluten.
Lastly, the supplement is said to be vegan, paleo and keto-friendly.
Overall – I find these claims a lot for a product with only a few bacterial strains.
2. Company Behind
The producer behind this probiotic is just simply called Just Thrive.
Upon checking its official website, here's what I found:
- sells supplements for general body wellness
- also offers products for pets
- its products are mostly focused on the digestive system and immune system
In terms of contact info, they are given out on the website.
This includes email, contact number and social media accounts.
An additional factor that makes this brand trustworthy is the number of customer reviews.
Overall – I would say that it's safe to buy from it.
#2 – Ingredients (6 out of 10)
Honestly – this supplement has a weak formulation, in my opinion.
And I would points out 3 reasons why:
- just 4 bacteria strains (2 trademarks)
- only 500 mg of the proprietary blend
- 3 billion cells
Now – let's take a look at the ingredients present in this supplement:
- Bacillus indicus HU36™ – it's a sporulating bacteria the promotes gut healing 
- B. coagulans (SC-208) – treats antibiotic-associated diarrhea 
- Bacillus clausii (SC-109) – restores the balance of good bacteria 
- B. subtilis HU58™ – produces antibiotics that fight harmful bacteria 
That's just about it and the rest of the ingredients are related to the capsule itself.
Now – if you consider the claims, I don't think the formula is strong enough to follow them.
Even if the supplement really works, it will take some time to see the results.
The ingredients are spore-based, which means 2 things:
- they have healing properties
- they survive the digestive tract better
But in my view, this supplement needs more bacterial strains to be potent enough.
So if you need a fast relief (which is normal) – this is not the right product for you.
If you ask me, the bacterial strains inside this probiotic are promising.
However – the overall formula is not strong enough to work amazingly:
- only 4 strains
- pretty low doses overall
I would only recommend it if you have a low tolerance to probiotics (which is pretty rare).
But in all the other cases, I wouldn't advise you to go for it.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (8 out of 10)
Let's look at the features of Just Thrive Probiotics.
Here are a few things I can say to describe Just Thrive Probiotics:
- normal sized pills
- vegan capsule formulation
- colorless and odorless
The supplement look normal to me – and most probiotics look the same.
If you're used to taking supplements, this product won't be any issue for you.
Based on its instructions, here's how you should take this supplement:
- regular dose is only 1 capsule/day
- it's recommended to take after your largest meal
- can be taken by adults and children above 3
Now – I certainly don't recommend supplements to children.
So even if we're talking about a probiotic, I still wouldn't advise children to take it.
Other than that – there's also a tip saying that the capsule can be opened and mixed with food.
This sound like an advantage, at first sight.
But again, I wouldn't recommend doing this – as the effect may not be the same.
It's true that this formula has a higher availability because of its spore composition.
But even so, I would recommend taking it as it is.
#4 – Results (8 out of 10)
We all know that products don't work the same way for everyone
So in to avoid being biased, I always look for the reviews of previous users.
Luckily, Just Thrive Probiotics has a lot of comments about it.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
I prefer the reviews on Amazon, because those are known to be brutally honest.
Here's what satisfied buyers said about this product:
- A lot of customers wrote how it helped their digestive system.
- Some mentioned that it also improved their immune system.
- Others said that they can eat again the food they were allergic to.
- Some others wrote that their gut improved after taking this probiotic.
It's quite obvious that a lot of customers really liked the product.
That's why it got 4.7 stars out of 5 (which is a great rating).
So overall – it looks like Just Thrive is pretty effective for many people.
2. Negative Opinions
Now – let's see some of the problems encountered by unhappy customers:
- Some developed diarrhea after a long time of using it.
- Others experienced side effects not connected to digestion.
- A few people mentioned about the product not being effective at all.
Now, the common point of these negative comments are side effects.
Though there are only a few people who didn't like the product, these complaints are quite significant.
We can't deny the fact that a lot of people liked the product.
However – there are some who didn't like it, mostly because of its side reactions.
Overall – I would say that Just Thrive is effective if you react well to its formula.
It's not my top recommended probiotic, even so.
#5 – Side Effects (5 out of 10)
To be more honest, I didn't expect this product to cause some serious side effects.
And that's because its formula is a little weak.
Based on the customer reviews, here are some of the adverse reactions it produces:
- Heart palpitations
- Fever and vertigo
- Diarrhea/Swollen stomach
Now, these issues aren't very typical for probiotics.
This class of supplements tends to cause mostly digestive issues.
As for Just Thrive's product, it seems to produce a lot of general (and more severe) side reactions.
That's the reason why I don't see it as a very safe product.
#6 – Price (4 out of 10)
Honestly – Just Thrive Probiotics is on the expensive side of probiotics.
So I would say that it's not really a good choice.
1. The Exact Price
You can buy this supplement from both Just Thrive's website and on Amazon.
There's really no price difference between them.
But will focus on its Amazon listing, as it's more comfortable to buy:
- 30 capsules cost $49.99
- 90 capsules cost $129.99
- There are discounts for auto-subscription
- There's also free delivery on selected dates
The only advantage on buying from the official website is that you get 15% Off for orders above $100.
Also – the regular size lasts a month, but I still think it's quite expensive.
Considering its value and composition, it could cost a lot less.
2. Competitors’ Price
If your budget allows it, let me introduce to you my top recommended probiotic.
I'm talking about a product called BiomeMD:
- BiomeMD has 15 essential bacterial strains in some really high doses.
- The formula contains both probiotics and prebiotics.
- Just Thrive Probiotics only contains 4 bacterial strains.
- The overall formula has some low doses of ingredients.
- Both supplements only require a pill per day.
- BiomeMD costs $49 but you can get it for a discounted price of $28.
- Just Thrive Probiotics also cost $50.
Overall – BiomeMD is the better choice.
Its formula is a lot more potent and it costs less, so it's truly worth the money.
For a supplement with only a few bacterial strains, Just Thrive Probiotics is expensive.
Besides – you might not see the results in just a month.
That's because its formula is not very potent and strong.
So I suggest you look for another alternative that is a lot more worth it.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Overall – here's I would sum up my opinion on this supplement.
1. Weak Formula
Just Thrive Probiotic is weak, compared to other supplements:
- 4 bacterial strains
- 500 mg/capsule
The product is effective for some people, but it can also cause side effects to others.
That's probably because of its spore-based formulation.
So I'm not saying that it's a bad product, but there are a few precautions.
2. Reliable Background
The good thing about this supplement is that it's trusted by many:
- professional website
- reviews about its legitimacy
- registered retailers
So if you plan to buy from this brand, I would say it's safe and there's no chance of getting scammed.
3. Quite Expensive
Lastly – this product is pricey for its value:
- $50 for 30 capsules
- weak effect or side effects
- needs repurchasing
So if you do the math, the overall cost is quite high for the real value of this product.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not really – there are some problems about it:
- Small number of bacterial strains
- High price tag
- Triggers some uncommon adverse reactions
- Takes time to work
I'm not saying that it's a bad product, since there are a lot of satisfied customers.
However – the price and the number of ingredients you get are not worth it.
But if you have the same budget and you're looking for a better choice, I have a recommendation.
A supplement called BiomeMD:
- Packed with 15 essential bacteria strains with excellent benefits
- Also contains prebiotics that feed the good bacteria
- Contains some really high doses of ingredients
- Works really well (and fast)
In my view, digestive problems need to be treated immediately.
And that's why I don't see the point of waiting.
Overall – I see BiomeMD as the better option against these issues.
That's why I strongly recommend it over Just Thrive's product, it's clearly superior.