Are you feeling uneasy because of your dark spots?
Or are you still dreaming about removing them?
Guess what? You're in the right place.
This guide will show you the 5 best remedies for dark spots on face.
Note: These remedies are based on my research + opinion on facial dark spots.
#1 – Papaya Exfoliation
Those dark spots on your skin could be just your old worn-out skin cells.
This is why it is important to include a good exfoliation treatment.
A good exfoliation gets rid of dark skin and gives you a lighter one.
Plus, using a papaya-based exfoliation is surely one great way to exfoliate your skin.
Here are the interesting things papaya can do:
- Contains papain, a protein-dissolving enzyme.
- Removes dead skin cells on your dark spots.
- Brightens dark spots caused by acne, skin aging and sun.
- Acts as a natural skin exfoliator.
- Exfoliates the skin in a gentle way.
Papaya nourishes your skin , because it has some significant amounts of vitamins A and C.
These are important, as both are active antioxidants that correct visible skin damage.
Vitamin C can let you control melanin production from your skin.
This is theykey, as too much melanin can make your dark spots even darker.
Now, here is a common remedy you can try out:
- Get 2 medium-sliced seedless papayas.
- Mash them until you get a lighter consistency.
- Add some 2 tbsp of oats and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix them together in a bowl.
- You can now start to apply the mix gently on your clean and dry skin.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- After that, you can wash it off with warm water.
This is just an example that you can use, as you can also try with other ingredients.
Dark spots could be just a build-up of dead skin cells.
A good exfoliation is really helpful, as it replaces them with younger and lighter skin.
Papaya is the best exfoliator, because it exfoliates your skin in a natural and gentle way.
#2 – Illuminatural 6i
Having dark spots on your face can really be frustrating.
While there are many products that claim to be the best, I know a good one that works for real.
This product is called Illuminatural 6i.
It is reported to give you a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
More than that, take a look at what it has in store for you:
- Has some active lighteners that are clinically backed up.
- Effectively lightens your dark spots on the face and body.
- Designed to target melasma, acne scars, freckles, moles, birthmarks and sunspots.
- It also works in managing skin aging and other hyperpigmentation.
- Actively involved in giving you lighter and new skin cells.
- Offers 6a 7 days of money-back guarantee.
One thing that makes it work well against dark spots is that it controls the production of melanin.
It sloughs off the dark and dead skin cells – which makes it easier to lighten your skin.
Not only is this product effective, but it is designed to be gentle to your skin.
That's because it doesn't contain any harsh bleaching substances.
Take a look at the gentle combination this product has:
- Dermal layer of delivery agents.
- Deep skin brightening moisturizers.
- Skin lightening extracts and oils.
- Active antioxidants and vitamins for nourishment.
- Natural exfoliants.
According to its official website, 95% of test subjects reported some significant whitening results .
Also, 89% of participants saw a noticeable decrease in hyperpigmentation .
Based on these results, I would say that trying this product is worth it.
There are certain products that can make your dark spots disappear over time.
Illuminatural 6i is my top choice, as it is both effective and gentle.
Its ingredients and formula are both supported by clinical tests.
Plus, it allows a 67-day refund period to its unsatisfied users.
#3 – Yoghurt Mask
There is a reason why yoghurt is included in most home skin remedies.
It is because it seems to work in lightening the darker parts of your skin.
And it was also found to effectively lighten facial dark spots over time.
In this step, allow me to share why a yoghurt mask could be an answer to your worries.
Here's how it could help you:
- Has some significant bleaching properties.
- Contains lactic acid for skin renewal.
- Targets to eliminate your dark spots over time.
- Works well against your under-eye dark circles.
- Overall brightens your skin tone.
But how does it whiten dark spots? It sheds off your dark skin cells.
Not only that, but it also prevents your new whitened spots from darkening again.
It does this by inhibiting the synthesis of tyrosinase.
Remember this enzyme has a vital part of melanin production.
And as you surely know by now, melanin is the one that darkens your skin.
Use the following recipe to guide on how to make your own yoghurt mask:
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plain yogurt and combine it with 1 tbsp of honey in a bowl.
- You may add 1 tbsp of oats, if you like.
- Mix them until you get a paste consistency.
- Now, use the back of a spoon and apply it to your clean and dry face.
- Leave it there for about 10-15 minutes.
- When done, rinse it all off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Note that this is just one of the many home remedies you can use.
You can further add some extra ingredients.
I do suggest doing it on a regular basis, in order to get the best results.
When it comes to dark spots, a yoghurt mask can work really well.
It specifically controls tyrosinase synthesis, thus preventing too much melanin.
It can also enhance skin renewal – which leads to a lighter skin.
#4 – Zeta White
Always remember that using any random product will not do you good.
I highly recommend you to find just the right product.
Well, look no further, as I can show you one that is a real game-changer.
It is proven to be the best in terms of efficacy and safety.
I'm talking about a cream that is known as Zeta White:
- Fast results (within 3 weeks).
- Really safe for all types of skins.
- Based on a unique composition.
- Uses a herbal-based formula (almost 100% natural ingredients).
- Gives you a powerful effect against dark spots.
- Backed up by lots of satisfied users.
- Affordable for its level of quality.
- 100 days money-back guarantee.
One of its top features is that even if it has a strong effect, it works in a gentle way.
This is important to consider, as most products are too harsh for your skin.
So irritations and redness will only make your dark spots worse.
But with this cream – you can expect an improvement without the regular side effects.
It also gives you protection from other hyperpigmentation risk factors.
There's something you need to know about this cream – it acts as a 3 product-system.
- Face Wash – based on lemon and papaya extract that adds a gentle lightening base .
- Moisturizer – brightens and shields dark spots against further darkening.
- Night Cream – promotes new, lighter skin cellular growth.
Don't worry, you can still use just one product at first.
However, getting all of them will surely be more cost-effective for you.
And if you want the best results, I recommend you to go for the whole package.
Picking the right product is always important.
Choose Zeta Cream, as it work best for lightening your dark spots.
You can expect some positive results without dealing with redness and irritations.
Lastly, it has the best quality/ price ratio that you can find in any similar product.
#5 – Turmeric Dips
Turmeric is a spice that has a long history of Indian Ayurvedic traditions.
It is widely known to hold a lot of medicinal benefits.
But in this step, I will talk about how it can help you lighten your dark spots.
This is because turmeric is known to have brightening properties:
- Fades dark spots.
- Reduces the visibility of scars.
- Lightens hyperpigmentation.
- Evens out your skin tone.
- Whitens your skin overall.
It is already used as the main ingredient both in DIY remedies and in-store products.
That is how effective it is when it comes to lightening dark spots on your face.
In fact, a study showed that using a turmeric-extract cream lessened hyperpigmentation up to 14% .
These results were obtained after a consistent use of four weeks.
While products can be good to use, DIY remedies can also have their own perks:
- Get 1/2 c of turmeric spice, 1/2 c of besan, 2 tsp of olive oil, and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix them together in a bowl.
- You may add some milk until it becomes a paste.
- And now you can apply it on your clean and dry face.
- Let it sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Proceed to wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
There is no doubt regarding its brightening power.
But turmeric also has some anti-aging and skin damage clearing abilities.
When you use it consistently, you can surely expect some great results.
There are natural ingredients that are really helpful for skin lightening.
Turmeric is a potent ingredient that specializes in removing your dark spots.
Lastly, it is already proven to lessen dark spots visibility.
My Final Thoughts
So what are the best remedies for dark spots on the face?
I would recommend giving these 5 ideas a try:
- Exfoliate using a papaya-based treatment.
- Try Illuminatural 6i.
- Make you own yoghurt mask at home.
- Use Zeta White Cream.
- Apply turmeric as dips.
These remedies will not give you that instant result in a zip of a moment.
Seeing some results will surely take time.
But over time, you will surely get to notice an improvement.
And when you do, it will give you the confidence to show off your flawless skin again and again.
1 – https://www.phytojournal.com/archives
3 – https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs
4 – https://Medicinal_Uses_of_Carica_papaya