Are you trying to get the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids?
Well – supplements are the best way to do that:
- highest dosages on the market
- really easy to take
- lower price overall
So what exact brand should you choose?
Which are the best Omega-3 (fish oil) supplements on the market at this point?
Well – here are the best 8 ones I found (based on effectiveness, price and quality) + video.
Note: These 8 products are my top recommendations after a long research.
1. Producer: Nuzena
- Fish Oil, Omega 3 (EPA, DHA)
- Fat, HDL Cholesterol
3. Best For: Both general health and different health problems like:
- joint pain/arthritis 
- muscle & joint stiffness
- inflammation 
- skin conditions (including acne)
- minor heart problems
It’s also excellent for maintaining general health and preventing aging.
This is by far the best Omega-3 supplement I know.
It’s the only fish oil product with these excellent features:
- Lowest price on the market for the quality (up to $15/bottle).
- Allows you to pay in monthly installments (not the whole price at once).
- Based on the strongest forms of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Really small and tasteless pills.
In terms of composition – Optima Omega-3 looks great.
It has some high dosages and it’s based on the most researched fish oil compounds.
However, all of the 7 products from this list have a strong formula.
It’s the price/quality that makes the difference.
And from this point of view – Nuzena’s supplement is by far the best:
- excellent choice for lower budgets
- you don’t have to pay the full price at once
Besides – you can get one bottle for $20 (instead of $30):
- Just use the coupon code below to get $10 off.
- This will save some important money.
- In case you buy several bottles at once, price is going to get even lower.
- However, the coupon and discounts are only available on Nuzena’s website.
- So I don’t recommend buying the products from Amazon or Ebay.
But to be honest – I don’t know any other Omega-3 product with such a low price for this kind of high quality.
That’s why I strongly recommend Nuzena’s supplement.
Price Tip: If you want to get the lowest price ($15/bottle), use the code below for $10 off. Make sure you buy the largest pack (price gets better with a higher quantity).
- Strong formula based on the top forms of Omega-3 acids
- Great effect against inflammation and pain
- Helpful for most health problems (even for prevention)
- Small and tasteless pills
- Lowest price on the market
- The only product on this list that allows installments payment
- Free shipping over $50
- Available for shipping in any country
- Few authentic reviews outside its official info (mostly promotional ones)
- Available on Amazon but price is a lot higher
1. Producer: Bauer Nutrition
- Cod Liver Oil
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA)
- Vitamin A, D and E
3. Best For: Inflammation, joint pain and immunity.
It also has additional benefits (compared to classic fish oil supplements):
- protects arteries from damage (promotes thinner blood)
- maintains eye, heart and brain health
- fights chronic inflammation
Cod Liver Oil is probably the most affordable product from this list.
That’s the main reason why its stands as my #2nd pick:
- Pretty low price for the quantity.
- You only need 1 pill per day.
- One bottle is designed to last for 90 days.
- That’s an average of $10/month.
Honestly – I don’t know any quality fish oil supplement that costs as little.
Still, compared to my #1 pick, Cod Liver Oil doesn’t have such an amazing formula:
- lower doses of EPA and DHA
- no fat
However – it compensates through its high doses of vitamins (A, D and E).
Now – its formula is still very good, otherwise I wouldn’t have placed it on the second position.
But in terms of strength – Nuzena’s supplement (my #1 pick) is better.
As for Cod Liver Oil – it surely wins in terms of price and daily dosage.
That’s why it’s still an awesome choice (and it’s very close to my #1 recommendation).
Price Tip: For the lowest price, go for the largest package. In this way, you pay for 3 bottles and get 3 for free. That’s a final price of $10/bottle.
- Different but potent formula
- High quantity of extra vitamins
- Additional benefits (due to its different formula)
- Only requires 1 pill per day
- Lowest price from the market (in terms of quality – up to $10/bottle)
- Free shipping for all orders worldwide
- Only sold on its official website
- Very few authentic reviews about it
- Some ingredients could have higher doses
1. Producer: Vita Balance
- Omega-3 (Epa, DHA, Other fatty acids, Astaxanthin)
3. Best For: Joint pain but also general health.
It promises to help with:
- heart & skin health
- stiff joints and arthritis
- cognitive function
As most Omega-3 supplements, it’s also helpful as an antioxidant and against aging.
Vita Balance’s supplement isn’t an actual fish oil product.
Instead – it’s made from krill oil (which is sometimes considered an improved version of fish oil):
- Some extra compounds (Astaxanthin, Phospholipids)
- Better absorption (due to phospholipids)
But other than that, krill and fish oil supplements have the same benefits.
So what makes Krill Oil Plus so special?
- Excellent price for the quality.
- Cheapest krill oil supplement on the market (even $21/bottle).
- Strong and durable effect for several health problems.
- No pills with fishy taste.
Now – compared to my first 2 recommendations, it’s a few dollars pricier.
Besides, it doesn’t have such high EPA/DHA dosages.
Though the increased absorption compensates for that, the previous products remain a better choice (if you ask me).
That’s why I only placed place it on the 3rd spot.
But if you’re looking for the best krill oil supplement – I would strongly recommend Vita Balance’s product.
Price Tip: Use the code above to get 5% off for your order. If you want the lowest price possible, go for the 3+ 1 free pack and you will get a bottle for around $21.
- Strong formula with extra ingredients (compared to fish oil supplements)
- Small pills with no fishy taste
- Helpful for several health problems
- Great effect against inflammation
- Cheapest krill oil supplement on the market
- EPA/DHA dosages could be a bit higher
- Not available in any country in the world
- Shipping costs $5 (US) and $14 (Internationally)
- Few authentic reviews outside the official website
#4 – Cardio³ ($24.99)
1. Producer: Newtrition
- Fish Oil (Omega-3 Concentrate)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA)
- Fat (Polyunsaturated Fat, Cholesterol)
3. Best For: Minor heart problems and heart health. 
But just like every Omega-3 supplements, it also works for:
- stiff joints/arthritis
- skin problems 
- depression and anxiety
Plus – it’s an excellent choice for general health (due to its increased absorption).
In terms of formula – Cardio³ is the one of the best fish oil supplements you could ever buy.
That’s because it contains a unique technology (Accelon™):
- 3X increased and faster absorption.
- Only requires one pill per day.
- One of the few fish oil products with clinical evidence proven.
Besides – its Omega-3 acids dosages are really good.
So its therapeutic effect is also very potent.
Plus – it’s one the cheapest supplements in terms of quality:
- only $25/monthly supply
- price gets lower if you sign up for auto-shipping ($18.74)
- 30 days money back guarantee
However – its also has some real downsides:
- available only in the US
- gets out of stock very often
So it’s pretty hard to get this product (especially if you want to take it on the long term).
That’s why I didn’t place it higher on my list, despite its great composition.
- Excellent technology and powerful ingredients
- Absorption is 3x faster than in regular supplements
- Clinical evidence behind
- Only 1 pill per day
- Good price for the quality
- Free shipping for all orders
- Only ships in the US
- Not available in 3rd party retailers (only its official website)
- No discounts for buying more bottles at once
- Price is lower only if you join their auto-shipping
- Out of stock most of the times
#5 – ProOmega ($42.46)
1. Producer: Nordic Naturals
- Omega 3 (EPA, DHA, Other Omega 3)
- Fat (Saturated Fat, Trans Fat)
3. Best For: General health support.
Like most fish oil supplements – it promotes:
- brain and eye health
- arthritis and inflammatory joint pain
- healthy skin
Out of all fish oil supplements from Nordic Naturals – ProOmega is probably the best one.
And that’s mostly because of its strong formula:
- High quality ingredients
- Compounds with excellent dosages
- Potent combination
But despite having high dosages, this supplement contains the same ingredients are my previous recommendations.
However – it has one major downside, price:
- very expensive per bottle
- quite hard to afford on a monthly basis
That’s the main reason why I didn’t place it higher on my list.
In terms of price/quality, I believe the other 3 products are a lot more worth it (since they cost half).
But other than that – ProOmega is a great fish oil supplement.
- Great formula with high dosages of EPA, DHA
- Pills formulated as softgels (easier to swallow)
- Helpful for several health condition
- Great choice for general health
- Available on Amazon and other retailers
- Positive reviews from many customers
- Very expensive
- No discounts when buying larger quantities
#6 – Ultimate Omega ($27.95)
1. Producer: Nordic Naturals
- Omega 3 (EPA, DHA, Other Omega 3)
- Fat (Saturated Fat, Trans Fat)
3. Best For: Healthy heart support.
Obviously – it has all the benefits of Omega-3, which includes:
- anti-inflammatory effect
- promotes healthy skin
- decreases joint pain
Here’s another fish oil product from Nordic Naturals that totally deserves its spot in this list.
Ultimate Omega has a quality formula and good features:
- Based on potent ingredients
- Pretty high dosages in most compounds
- Very easy to find in most retailers
In terms of ingredients – it looks very similar to the previous product.
The difference lies in 2 aspects:
- lower dosages
- more affordable price
However – despite having a good formula, Ultimate Omega isn’t very cheap.
At least compared to my top 3 recommendations (which have the best price on the market).
That’s why I didn’t rate it higher on this list.
- Strong ingredients in good dosages
- Effective for several health problems
- Many authentic reviews available online
- Easy to find on retailers like Amazon
- More expensive than similar alternatives
- Enough complaints about side effects
#7 – Antarctic Krill Oil ($30.00)
1. Producer: Sports Research
- Krill Oil (as Superba 2™)
- Astaxanthin, Phospholipids
3. Best For: Inflammatory pain and general health
It’s helpful for a bunch of issues (high cholesterol, stiffness, heart problems).
This supplement is on this list because of its original formula:
- contains a trademark compound (Superba 2™)
- high doses overall
- potent composition
In fact – it’s one of the best krill oil supplements I know (as a quality/price).
However – it’s far from perfect.
Otherwise, it would be higher on this best of list.
So which are some of its biggest downsides?
- Pretty expensive
- Many complaints on leaking pills
- Omega-3 dose could be higher
Even so – it still makes a pretty good choice if you necessarily want a krill oil supplement.
I personally would recommend Vita Balance’s product as the first pick (#3 on my list).
But Antarctic Krill Oil is more than a decent choice either way.
- Excellent formula with original ingredients
- Contains a trademark blend
- Many positive reviews and few complaints
- Easy to find in most retailers
- Extremely expensive
- Directions are quite unclear
- For best results, you might need 6 pills/day (in the first weeks)
- One bottle can last less than 1 month
#8 – Viva Naturals Fish Oil ($38.99)
1. Producer: Viva Naturals
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA, Other Omega 3)
- Fat (Cholesterol)
3. Best For: General health benefits.
It’s also helpful for:
- memory and cognitive function
- inflammatory joint pain
- heart health
This is one of the top rated fish oil supplements from Amazon.
And there’s no surprise – considering its excellent formula:
- really high dosages of Omega-3
- increased absorption
- fatty acids delivered in triglyceride form
However – I personally don’t recommend starting with such high quantities of Omega-3.
In case you don’t have a severe inflammation, I suggest using a supplement with slightly lower dosages than this.
That’s because high dosages also cause side effects more often.
Other than that – Viva Naturals’ product also has a great price.
One bottle contains a 90 days supply – which makes it a decent choice.
- Great formula with a superior absorption
- Many satisfied users
- Easy to find on big retailers (like Amazon)
- Effective for general health and minor issues
- Really good price
- Dosages are a bit too high to start with (in my opinion)
- Pills are larger than in other supplements
My Verdict – What’s The Best Omega-3 Supplement?
Short answer: It depends on your budget and the price you’re willing to pay.
For this reason, I chose the 3 most worth-it supplements:
- Nuzena’s Optima Omega 3 +
- Bauer Nutritions’s Cod Liver Oil
- Vita Balance’s Krill Oil Plus
Now – any of the 8 supplements from this list are worth buying.
But in terms of value or quality/price, I strongly recommend going for one of these 3.
My #1 pick (Nuzena’s supplement) has 2 ADVANTAGES over all of its 6 competitors:
- lowest price possible on the market (up to $15/bottle)
- installments payment possible
So no matter on what budget you were on, you could afford this supplement.
That’s the main reason why it’s my #1 recommendation.
Price has always been an important ranking factor for me.
So why should I recommend a supplement that does the same but costs $20 more?
For this reason – Nuzena’s Optima Omega-3 + is by far my #1 suggestion.
If you want to get the most from an Omega 3 supplement paying a minimal amount – it’s by far the best.