It's time to review TRU Niagen – which looks like a very promising anti-aging product:
- many users that swear by it
- boosts energy levels
- pretty affordable
Still – could this supplement be a scam?
Some users claim it's totally useless – so what's the actual truth?
Well, I tried to dig really deep into it so that I can find out how it really works (+ video).
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on TRU Niagen.
Full Name: TRU Niagen by ChromaDex
Product Type: Anti-Aging (General Health) Supplement
Best Actual Price: Around $40/bottle
Cheapest Place To Buy: Its official website
Designed For: Promoting cellular health – in this way, it claims to:
- improves general well-being
- prevents aging signs
- promotes energy and reduces stress
My Rating: 8 out of 10
Recommended?: As an energy booster, yes.
But as an anti-aging supplement, not really (it's not its main effect).
Instead – I recommend an anti-aging product with the best formula I came across.
What I Liked About It
- Contains a trademark version of niacinamide
- Has a clinical trial conducted on it 
- Very effective for increasing energy and general well-being
- Pretty low serving size (1-2 pills/day)
- Many satisfied users behind
- Available in several sellers
What I Didn't Like About It
- Only contains one active ingredient
- Not specifically designed against aging
- A couple of complaints on side effects
- Can seem a bit expensive
#1 – Claims & Producer
Here are some of the general facts you should know about TRU Niagen:
- how exactly it works
- what problems it helps most
- who is its producer
The main goal of this product is to promote cellular health.
What exactly does this involve?:
- Boosts NAD+ production.
- NAD is a coenzyme that supports mitochondrial function. 
- Mitocondria are involved in providing your body with energy.
- They are also linked to aging.
- NAD levels increase by 40-50% after 8 weeks.
Basically – the mechanism behind TRU Niagen is completely legit and potent.
That's why this supplement is definitely effective for energy and aging.
It's not a miraculous products, that's for sure (there isn't a such one).
But on paper – it should definitely help.
2. Company Behind
TRU Niagen's producer is a brand called ChromaDex.
To be honest – I personally have never heard about it or its products before:
- it was founded in 1999
- its only product is TRU Niagen
Now – the brand itself looks extremely trustworthy.
They have several clinical trials, specialists back-up and patents.
So in terms of reputation, I could pretty much guarantee for this company.
#2 – Formula (8 out of 10)
TRU Niagen doesn't have the varied composition of most anti-aging supplements.
Instead – its formula is very simple:
- only contains one active ingredient
- its other compounds are inactive
Since its mechanism of action is entirely based on boosting NAD levels – this simple formula is totally fine.
Actually – it's probably the best product I know (among NAD-boosters).
Still, when it comes to anti-aging – things are quite different.
I personally cannot consider it as potent as those products that contain more than 15 different ingredients.
Either way – let's take a closer look at its main compound:
1. Niagen® (300 mg)
This is actually nicotinamide riboside chloride:
- boosts mitochondrial energy
- helps cells defends against metabolic stress 
- promotes cellular repair
- also promotes youthful cellular function
Now – this exact version of nicotinamide is different than those from most NAD-boosting supplements:
- Doesn't have the usual secondary reactions.
- It's FDA-reviewed.
Also, there's a very detailed sketch on how and when exactly this ingredient should work:
TRU Niagen has a pretty simple formula for an anti-aging supplement.
However – it's based on boosting NAD levels, so its basic composition is pretty normal.
In fact, judging after its formula – it's the best NAD-boosting product I know:
- contains a trademark version of nicotinamide
- its doses are very good
- it has a study behind 
Still – as an anti-aging supplement, it's not my very top pick.
In my view, some alternatives have better formulas and ingredients when it comes to anti-aging.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (10 out of 10)
This supplement looks excellent at this chapter.
1. The Pills
TRU Niagen is formulated as vegetarian capsules:
- its pills have a white color
- they are also covered in gelatin
- their size is rather average
It's also worth noting that gelatin is used to cover any potential unpleasant taste.
So unlike tablets – gelatin capsules have no sour taste and swallowing them is pretty easy.
2. The Dosage
This product also has an advantage at this chapter.
Its serving size is very small – but as I said, it depends on the version you choose:
- 150 mg version requires 2 pills per day.
- It's more recommended for flexibility.
- 300 mg version only requires 1 pill per day.
- It's made for people who prefer simplicity.
However, both versions are a monthly supply.
It's only that the 150 mg version contains a double number of pills than the 300 mg one.
So pick the one that is more convenient to you (probably the 300 mg one).
#4 – Results (9 out of 10)
In order to see how it works – I decided to look at TRU Niagen's customer feedback.
And fortunately, I found lots of satisfied users behind this product.
Note: I only considered authentic reviews, not promotional/false ones.
1. Positive Opinions
First of all – this product has some reviews both on Amazon and on its official website.
I tend to avoid opinions from official websites (because they are usually false positive).
But in this case, I'm pretty sure they are legit.
Even so – in order to keep an objective view, I will analyze its opinions from Amazon:
- over 1200 customer opinions
- average rating of 4.4/5 (excellent)
Now – I cannot tell for sure whether the product sold on Amazon is the original version of not.
But given the high number of positive reviews, I'm quite sure it is.
So here's what most satisfied users say about it:
- Some claim their energy levels increased considerably.
- Others say they could feel a change from the first month.
- A few others praise its anti-aging effect.
- Many say it helps with their sleep.
- Some others also claim their skin feels more hydrated.
In terms of effect – TRU Niagen is definitely helpful.
All these positive reviews can't be fake, if you ask me.
2. Negative Opinions
As it's normal, this supplement also has some unsatisfied users:
- A lot of people claim they couldn't see any improvement.
- Others say it's not as good as other anti-aging supplements.
- Some even say it stopped working after a while.
- A few others complain about its side effects.
So TRU Niagen definitely does not work for every person trying it.
But even so, it has a pretty high success rate (judging after its reviews).
There is the risk that it doesn't work for you – but it's smaller than the chance of being effective.
This supplement has an excellent customer feedback overall.
So even though it's not effective for all people – it definitely works for many.
As I said, it's not the very best anti-aging supplement I know.
But it's definitely up to you whether you want to give it a try or not.
#5 – Side Effects (8 out of 10)
TRU Niagen has quite a few complaints at this chapter.
Especially when compared to other anti-aging products (which have a lot less).
However – TRU Niagen has way more reviews than most supplements of this kind.
So it's quite normal that it also has more complaints.
Now – according to its users, the most common side effects are:
- Rashes, itching and eczema
- Troubled sleep
- Stomach cramps and nausea
Truth is – most of these side effects are quite specific for all categories of supplements.
That's why I don't consider TRU Niagen too dangerous.
It can cause some secondary reactions, that's for sure. But so do most supplements from the market.
#6 – Price (8 out of 10)
Anti-aging supplements tend to be quite expensive.
So for a product from this category – TRU Niagen is quite affordable actually.
1. The Exact Price
First of all – this supplement is sold both on Amazon and on its official website.
Still, I strongly recommend purchasing it from its official store:
- It's 100% the original product.
- It has a much better price there.
- There are some significant discounts for larger quantities.
- You can get an even better price with subscription.
Amazon might sell the authentic products as well – but there's no way to tell for sure.
So if you want to make the most of your purchase, go for the official website.
Now – there are 2 buying options.
First of all, if you make a one-time purchase:
- standard price is $47/bottle
- you can get it for $38/bottle (for the 6 months supply)
In the second case – you can subscribe to their auto-shipping:
- products are delivered monthly/every 3 months/every 6 months
- price is significantly lower in this case
- for the monthly supply, it is $40/bottle
- the 3 months supply costs around $35/bottle
- and the 6 months supply costs $33/bottle
Basically – the lowest price for this supplement is $33 (auto-shipping and 6 months supply).
I personally do not recommend signing up for auto-shipping directly in any product.
That's because some brands make it very hard for their customers to cancel.
Still – I doubt that's the case of ChromaDex (since it looks very trustworthy).
That's why it's totally up to you what you decide.
2. Competitors' Price
I will only compared TRU Niagen with my #1 recommended anti-aging product.
It's a supplement called GenF20 Plus:
- These 2 products work in some totally different ways.
- GenF20 Plus is a HGH-booster (increases the production of growth hormone).
- For this reason, its #1 goal is to reduce aging signs.
- TRU Niagen is a NAD-booster (increases mitochondrial energy).
- Consequently, its main goal is general wellness and better energy.
- In terms of price, TRU Niagen is cheaper overall.
- GenF20 Plus costs $58 in the best case.
Now – in terms of value, I personally consider GenF20 Plus a better supplement.
At least when it comes to its anti-aging effect.
But TRU Niagen is definitely not a bad supplement at all (but it's more of a energy-booster).
TRU Niagen may not sound like the cheapest supplement from the market.
But compared to others – it's actually rather affordable.
So if you consider it a good deal for you, you might want to give it a try.
It's surely not my #1 recommended supplement, but it's not extremely far either.
#7 – FAQs
Here are the most common inquiries about TRU Niagen.
Note: I might repeat something I already mentioned, but it's easier to spot here.
1. What's the main goal of this product?
TRU Niagen is an anti-aging supplement.
It promises to promote cellular health and decrease metabolic stress.
So it can prevent aging signs, improve sleep and energy and boost immunity.
2. How do I take this product?
The 300 mg version of TRU Niagen requires 1 pill per day.
But if you get the 150 mg version, it requires 2 pills per day.
3. How long will a bottle of it last me?
It depends on what version of TRU Niagen you will get.
But for the 300 mg version, one bottle has 30 vegetarian capsules.
So this should last for a good one month.
4. Will it cause serious side effects?
So far, here are the common side effects mentioned in customer reviews:
- nausea and stomach cramps
- troubled sleep and headaches
- itching, eczema and rashes
But they're not something serious, so TRU Niagen is still considered safe.
5. What's the lowest price of it?
For a one time purchase, the standard price of TRU Niagen is $47/bottle.
If you get the 6 monthly supply, it will be reduced to $38/bottle.
In the case of subscribing and auto-shipping, it will have a lower pricing.
You can get it for as low as $33/bottle (6 months supply).
#8 – Final Conclusions
Here's how I would sum up my opinion on TRU Niagen (in 3 ideas).
1. Simplistic Formula
Like many NAD boosters – this supplement has a basic composition:
- only contains one active ingredient (niacinamide)
- no extra vitamins/minerals
It does contain some additional compounds, but they are inactive.
However, it does contain a superior form of niacinamide (trademark).
2. Works For Many People
According to its reviews, TRU Niagen seems to be very effective for many users:
- more than 75% of its reviews are positive
- few complaints overall
It's surely not a miraculous product – nor one that works for everybody.
But overall, it's definitely helpful.
3. Best For Energy
On paper, this supplement is designed for general well-being and aging.
However – its anti-aging benefits are more of a consequence:
- its main effect is to boost energy
- that's what its mechanism of action is based on
So it's not the perfect anti-aging product, that's for sure.
But it has a great effect when it comes to energy.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Yes – as long as you buy it for general well-being or extra energy.
It's probably my #1 recommended NAD-boosting supplement from the market.
But as an anti-aging product, it's not my top pick:
- Only based on one ingredient (which boosts energy).
- Different mechanism of action than most anti-aging products.
- Less potent on paper.
However – TRU Niagen surely has its own advantages.
So it is a product I would recommend – but only in certain circumstances.
But as I said – when it comes to its anti-aging proprieties, I don't think it's worth it.
So what would I recommend instead?
My #1 pick is a supplement called GenF20 Plus:
- clinical evidence behind
- excellent formula with more than 10 ingredients
- stronger anti-aging effect
It's definitely up to you what exactly you choose – just make sure you pick the right option for your needs.