Are you really frustrated because of your stretch marks?
Maybe they prevent you from wearing anything you want.
But there's nothing to be ashamed of:
- they are totally normal
- you can remove them pretty easily
So let me show you how to get rid of stretch marks (in 9 steps).
Note: This is list is based on in-depth and thorough research + opinion on stretch marks.
#1 – Use SPF Daily
You would be surprised to know that SPF can actually help stretch marks.
That's because SPF stands for “sun protection factor“.
While sunscreen alone cannot prevent stretch marks, it surely helps.
This is because it improves your skin's overall appearance.
But there's more to that:
- Using SPF can lead to fewer stretch marks.
- It can prevent further discoloration.
- Skin texture and clarity are improved.
- Skin elasticity also is maintained.
I advice you to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen, as it offers both UV A and B protection .
I also recommend using it daily, even if you're not outside.
That's how you can maximize SPF's potential.
You can get rid of stretch marks by treating the initial red marks.
Because of SPF, they take much longer to transfer into white lines.
As a consequence, you have more time to get rid of them.
There are so many products out there that claim to be the best.
But stretch marks are not something you can solve that easily.
So most products have little to no effect at all.
Fortunately, I included here a high-quality product that can help you for real.
I'm talking about Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy – a product that you can count on:
- Is a natural-based cream that targets stretch marks.
- Can treat different causes behind.
- Triggers the natural production of elastin and collagen.
- You can expect some results just after 4 weeks.
- Has lots of satisfied users (including professionals).
- Also comes with a 67-day guarantee.
Remember that stretch marks can appear in different locations of your body.
But this product can fade them all, no matter their position.
It does not stop here – as it can also clear discolored skin, in some cases.
But I want you to witness all of its benefits for yourself.
So make sure to add this product to your treatment plan.
Stretch marks can appear in different parts of your body.
Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy targets stretch marks anywhere.
It has 2 active ingredients that can fade stretch marks.
And it's clinically proven to work, as it is formulated by specialists.
#3 – Apply Some Almond Oil
If you like natural remedies, you are going to love this step.
Not only does it have a lot of health benefits, but it works great against stretch marks.
Almond oil is considered a popular remedy against tiger stripes.
Since a lot of people swearing by it, maybe it's time for you to try it out.
Here's how this essential oil is going to benefit you:
- Almond oil is rich in nutrients excellent for your skin.
- They are the key to healing stretch skin fibers.
- Also helps to control stretch marks.
- Does a pretty good job in enhancing skin tone.
- Stimulates skin collagen and elastic fiber.
I bet that you are now interested – so here's how you're going to apply it:
- Heat a fair amount of almond oil.
- Gently apply and massage your stretch marks in a circular motion.
- Give it some time to get absorbed, then use a moisturizer.
- For the best results, try applying it twice a day.
Certainly, there are a number of ways to use almond oil.
You can use it as a mixture (along with other natural ingredients).
It's true that cannot instantly erase your stretch marks.
But it surely works and you can some expect positive results gradually.
There are natural ingredients that you can try for stretch marks.
Almond oil is one of the most effective ingredients against them.
It is rich in active nutrients (that are vital in healing stretched skin).
#4 – Use Some Aloe Vera
I mentioned how natural ingredients can be a big help for stretch marks.
There are many to chose from, but one stands out – aloe vera.
Aloe vera is considered a wonder plant in the skincare industry.
It seems to be a remedy that can solve your stretch mark issue:
- Contains gibberellin and glucomannan that can fade away stretch marks.
- Made of vital antioxidants and minerals in skin healing.
- Best source of vitamins that fight free radicals.
- Can enhance your skin texture.
Now – here's how to apply it at home:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel extracted from the plant.
- Apply it by spreading it on your affected skin.
- Do a gentle massage around the affected areas for a few minutes.
- Let it rest for some time. Do not wash it away.
- Repeat the same procedure twice daily.
This process is very easy and convenient.
You can do it any time of the day, from the comfort of your home.
Aloe vera is a quick and easy remedy for stretch marks.
It has some key compounds that are essential in fading stretch marks.
Plus, it can also help prevent them from coming back.
#5 – Mix Vitamin E & Lemon Juice
What could be better than one effective ingredient?
You can get it by mixing two natural remedies into one.
I'm talking about vitamin E and lemon juice.
They are pretty effective on their own – but combining them increases their effect.
So let's discuss why you should use vitamin E (tocopherol):
- Has protective, hydrating and skin-regenerating proprieties.
- Is a potent antioxidant that controls skin damage .
- Has antioxidant benefits as well.
- Can make your stretch marks less noticeable.
- Is available in oil and capsule form.
As for lemon juice, here are some good reasons to use it:
- Has natural skin bleaching proprieties.
- Is rich in citric acid and vitamin C (that lighten stretch marks).
- Comes from a naturally acidic fruit that peels off dead skin cells.
- Helps to reduce stretch mark visibility.
- Considered to be one of the best remedies against stretch marks.
Here's how you can make this mixture:
- Get a few drops of lemon juice and one capsule of vitamin E oil.
- Blend them together in a mixing bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your stretch marks with clean hands or cotton.
- Leave it on for some time (5-10 minutes).
- After that, you can proceed to wash it off with cold water.
Since we are talking about natural remedies, you can also add essential oils, if you prefer.
For better results, do this treatment about 2-3 times a week.
Combining two natural ingredients can be an effective way to clear stretch marks.
Mixing lemon juice and vitamin E boosts your chances of success.
Not only does it promote skin health, but also lightens discoloration.
#6 – Try A Coffee Scrub
It is exactly how you read it – a body scrub based on coffee grounds.
Its huge advantage is that it is an excellent exfoliator:
- Coffee scrubs are made from natural coffee grounds.
- They are rich in antioxidants and caffeine.
- They prevent worsening stretch marks, as they fight free radicals.
- This leads to fewer stretch marks and scars.
- It also results in a better skin clarity and texture.
It would not be a waste of time if you try it at home:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coffee grounds and mix them with warm water.
- Add at least 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Apply the paste on your stretch marks.
- For a better effect, gently massage the area (4-5 minutes).
- Let it sit for at least about 20 minutes and remove it with a soft cloth.
This is just a sample of a very easy recipe.
But for best results, use it at least once a day.
In time, you will begin to see some satisfying results.
Coffee scrub is a natural remedy for treating stretch marks.
It is full of antioxidant and caffeine compounds.
It's so helpful because it serves as an excellent mechanical exfoliator.
#7 – Don't Forget To Exfoliate
A good skincare regimen can never be complete without exfoliation.
That's only if you want get the best results, at the end of the day.
But when it comes to getting rid of stretch marks, exfoliation is a must.
Exfoliation is a way to slough off dead skin cells, which you definitely need:
- Significant fade over time.
- Smooth and softer skin.
- Improved skin tone and lighter complexion.
- Increased cell turnover rate.
Now, there are 2 types of exfoliation :
- Physical/mechanical exfoliation (Sponge, Brush, Cloth, Pumice stones, Scrubs)
- Chemical exfoliation (Natural ingredients, Skincare products)
As for how often you should do it, there are a lot of factors to consider:
- what exfoliator you are using
- you skin type
- if you have a medical condition or not
It would not hurt to actually seek professional advice from your medical provider.
Exfoliation is a necessary step for treating stretch mark.
It corrects stretch marks and other skin damages over time.
You can exfoliate in 2 ways: physical and chemical exfoliation.
#8 – Give Laser Therapy A Try
When you some really fast results, you can try laser therapy.
That's definitely not a walk in the park.
The whole treatment is made of different procedural sessions:
- procedure proper
Apparently – laser therapy is not a small thing, so it's know something about it:
- Laser sessions can significantly reduce stretch marks appearance.
- That's because laser removal helps to smoothen striae.
- Promotes new healthy skin cells to grow.
- Leads to a better circulation in your affected area.
- Lessens inflammation levels.
- Improves the healing process.
- Has a normalizing effect on your skin as well.
But you should be aware of its possible risks and discuss them with your dermatologist:
Now, these issues may appear (but they probably won't).
Even so – laser therapy may not totally get rid of all your stretch marks.
But you will surely see a significant improvement.
Laser therapy is known to be very effective.
It consist of several different procedures.
But in the long run – it can really reduce your stretch marks.
#9 – Start Working Out
Home remedies and products work best when you're a in a great shape.
That is why it is crucial to stay healthy – doing a holistic approach.
For this reason, I may have to recommend you ton start working out.
Having a good skin also involves exercising:
- Physical exercises can reduce stretch marks over time.
- Also improves blood circulation and antioxidants in your skin.
- These factors are key in skin collagen and elastin production.
- Exercise boosts your skin healing process.
- Can reduce inflammation as well.
For best results, I suggest that you adapt your lifestyle to a healthier one.
Physical exercises are not a thing for everyone.
They will take a lot of time and energy, but you can start slow – at your own pace.
Obviously, it's best to do it in the most sustainable way.
Treating stretch marks demands a holistic approach.
Working out can treat some of their root causes.
To get the best results, use home remedies and products while exercising.
My Final Thoughts
Do you now know how to get rid of stretch marks?
Remember the 9 steps I mentioned above:
- Use SPF every day.
- Try Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy.
- Apply some almond oil in your affected areas.
- Try some aloe vera.
- Combine Vitamin E and Lemon Juice.
- Make your own coffee scrub.
- Always make sure to exfoliate.
- Give laser therapy a try.
- Start working out.
It's surely frustrating that you cannot flex those parts with stretch marks.
But they're not something to be ashamed of.
Even so – I know you would surely prefer to get rid of them.
That's why this guide is perfect for you.
So get ready to show off your skin this summer!