Have you just noticed that a pimple popped out of nowhere?
Or maybe you have been suffering from persistent acne for a while now?
Either way – this article is for you.
Let me show you how to get rid of acne (in 12 easy steps).
So don's skip any of the following tips – because they are all essential.
Note: This guide is based on in-depth research and personal opinion.
#1 – Use SPF
If you don't know it, SPF stands for “sun protection factor”.
Yes, I am talking about using sunscreen to treat your acne.
Now, SPF is not only meant for going outside on a sunny day.
Instead, it can be a big help in dealing with your acne:
- Contains anti-inflammatory ingredients (like zinc oxide and niacinamide).
- They are known to soothe and treat acne.
- Prevents your acne from sun irritation.
- Retains skin moisture.
- Staves off discoloration in your acne marks.
Now, too much sun exposure can be damaging for your skin.
That especially for people that have acne, as it leads to potential breakouts.
This is why one of the top benefits of SPF is sun protection.
UV rays cause free radicals damage to your skin – that results in severe acne.
Now, you should also know how to pick the right sunscreen.
I genuinely advise you to choose products with a minimum SPF of 30.
That's because studies have already indicated aSPF of 30 blocks 97% of UV B rays .
However, using SPF does not mean that your acne will be gone in a snap.
In fact – it's mostly a prevention method.
A good acne treatment should include daily use of SPF.
Using SPF keeps you safe from worsening acne.
At the same time, it protects your acne marks and scars from further discoloration.
#2 – Have Your Blood Tests
It is no secret that hormonal imbalances are one of the top causes of acne.
The symptoms include all types of acne – pimples, nodules, plugged pores and others.
For this reason, blood tests should definitely be in your treatment plan.
That especially if you are dealing with hormonal acne:
- Hormonal imbalances can result in various types of acne.
- Blood tests a base for your treatment plan.
- Allows your doctor to find the best solution for your acne.
I recommend you to have a full hormonal profile – in order to find out the triggers.
This includes testosterone (which produces sebum, that acts as natural moisturiser on your skin).
The problem comes when there's an excess testosterone – and consequently, sebum.
This leads to oily skin, which makes you more acne-prone.
But there are a few more things you need to know:
- Extra sebum production can result in oil buildup.
- This blocks follicles and causes clogged skin pores.
- There are other sex hormones associated with acne breakouts.
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is an active metabolite of testosterone .
- Increased DHT inhibits elastin production, which is a key skin protein.
But it's not all about your hormone levels.
You will also test out a bunch of additional nutrients.
This can include iodine, iron and vitamins B6/B12.
Now, certain supplements with anabolic and androgenic steroids can aggravate acne.
That is why blood tests will surely be a great help in treating your acne.
Acne is significantly caused by hormonal imbalances.
Increased testosterone and DHT levels can trigger excess sebum production.
This results in more clogged pores and acne breakouts.
#3 – Go For ClearPores System
It is only normal to use skin care products for acne.
You only need to make sure that you choose the right ones.
And that could be pretty hard – this is where this guide is very handy.
I included here a high-quality mix of products that are specially designed for acne.
I'm talking about ClearPores System:
- 3-part acne-fighting system, specially designed for persistent and sporadic acne.
- Really effective in clearing up existing acne.
- Significantly limits breakouts and unclogs skin pores.
- Helps to manage hormones.
- Removes acne-causing bacteria.
- Approved by medical doctors.
- Comes with a 67 money-back guarantee.
What I really like about this system is that it's suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Others tend to be high in alcohol – which dries up your fragile skin.
Plus, they can even make your skin to age prematurely.
Now – this ClearPores three-part system is really special for several reasons:
- Fights acne breakouts on 3 levels.
- Includes Deep Facial Wash, Facial Protection Cream and Phyto350.
- Its Deep Facial Wash removes outbreaks and unclogs pores.
- Facial Protection Cream puts your pH balance back in place.
- Lastly, Phyto350 fights off skin damage and premature aging.
Another advantage of this system is that it works from the inside out.
That's because it can stop acne cycle internally.
Now -can you buy only one product of this system?
Yes, you can!
But for the best results, I advise you to go for the complete system.
You need to use the right products if you want to get rid of your acne.
ClearPores is a system that works from the inside out.
It is really safe and well-tolerated even by people with sensitive skin.
Plus, it has a 67-day money-back guarantee.
#4 – Exfoliate Correctly
A good skincare regimen can never be complete without exfoliation.
That is why you should always understand how to exfoliate correctly.
That's because exfoliation means removing dead skin cells.
This is really helpful – as it prevents clogged pores and breakouts.
But there's more when it comes to exfoliation and acne:
- Sloughs off old and worn-out skin cells.
- Gives space to new and younger skin.
- Significantly lessens your acne scars.
- Fights skin damage caused by acne.
- Promotes a fair skin complexion.
Shortly – exfoliating correctly is critical.
This is why you need a high quality exfoliator – like Deep Facial Wash.
This product is part of ClearPores system.
And due to its exfoliating proprieties, it improves your acne scars really well.
But there's more you should know about it:
- Clears up existing acne marks.
- Does an amazing job in exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Removes excess sebum from your acne-prone skin.
- Reduces facial shine.
- Restores your natural skin pH balance.
- Gives you a radiant glow appearance.
- Helps to unclog your pores.
There is no doubt that the product works really well on its own.
But exfoliation also helps other products to work better.
This is why it is ideal to use it together with the 2 other products from its system, in order to maximize benefits.
So I am giving this facial a big thumbs up.
A correct exfoliation is vital in getting rid of acne.
Use high-quality products, that specialize in exfoliating worn-out skin.
Deep Facial Wash clears acne skin and replaces it with new skin cells.
Plus, it allows a refund for a period of 67 days.
#5 – Get A DHT Blocker
You already know that hormones play an important role in breakouts.
That is why I explained you how crucial it is to have them tested out.
Now, your hormonal profile should include dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
DHT is an active form of testosterone, which is a sex hormone responsible for sebum production.
But here's more about DHTt:
- Stimulates excessive oil production .
- Commonly known to be the root cause of acne.
- Blocks skin pores, making it prone to bacterial growth.
- Also blocks elastin production.
Now, it is clear that too much DHT can be a problem in treating acne.
So you need to do something about this excess.
And getting a DHT blocker can the best solution against acne.
DHT blockers are supplements/drugs that inhibit DHTs conversion.
However, you should only use this kind of products if you actually have a DHT excess.
If your acne is caused by bacteria (or anything else) – DHT blockers won't necessarily help you.
But if not – this kind of supplement will really improve your condition:
- Regulates excess production of DHTs.
- Controls oily skin.
- Prevents clogged pores.
All in all, DHT blockers can effectively stop acne from its roots.
Now, most people who use them rarely deal with any side reactions.
This is why they are considered pretty safe overall.
DHT is one of the known primary causes of acne outbreaks.
If you have an excess of this hormone, a DHT blocker can solve your breakouts.
So they are a life-saver in this case.
#6 – Give Up Sugars and Fast Foods
It's not a secret that too much sugar is bad for your skin.
The same goes for easy-to-get fast foods.
If you're a bit lover of both, this step might make you think twice.
Here are some things for you to remember about sugar:
- Is a big trigger of breakouts.
- Affects key causes of acne (inflammation and hormones).
- Can cause spikes in some hormones .
- Increased blood sugar speeds up acne development.
- Can clogs pore and follicles.
But it's not all about sugars, unfortunately.
If you're a fast-food fan, you might need to take a look at this:
- Fatty foods also increase acne risk for most people.
- Processed items are a perfect condition for pimples.
- Creates a potential hormonal fluctuation that triggers acne.
- Also increases blood sugar levels in your body.
- Can negatively affect your overall skin.
High insulin levels activates oil production.
This results in oily skin – which is the perfect environment for bacterial growth.
That's when a nasty acne breakout happens.
The same case happens when you consume too many fast foods.
Now, high insulin can make your skin drier, flakier and thicker.
This makes things even worse if you have an acne-prone skin.
But giving up these foods won't make your acne disappear overnight.
Make sure to take your time and quite consuming these foods.
Plus, try to replace them with some healthier options on your plate.
Too much sugar and fast food are a root cause of acne.
They cause insulin levels to rise – which triggers more oil production.
#7 – Hydrate Correctly
Keeping yourself hydrated has so many benefits to your overall health.
And this is available for your skin, which includes acne.
That's because it helps prevent pores clogging.
In this way – it helps eliminate bacteria, toxins and wastes on your skin:
- Some toxins clog your pores on the skin epidermis.
- This leads to a fast build-up of acne and pimples.
- Water removes toxic and bacteria on your skin.
- Also reduces skin dryness and roughness.
- Can give you a glowing skin complexion.
For me, the best benefit of this step is that gives you a proper skin hydration.
This prevents dryness and lowers oil production on your skin.
Excess oil makes your skin even more vulnerable to acne.
This is one of the reasons why drinking water is essential.
Keeping yourself hydrated is one of the best ways to fight acne.
Besides, it is also one of the cheapest methods to treat acne, if you ask me.
Just make sure that you get the right amount of water – at least 8 glasses daily.
Correct hydration results in a better skin condition.
It is one of the most natural ways to get rid of breakouts.
One last thing, it is also very cheap and convenient.
#8 – Boost Your Antioxidants Intake
Getting rid of acne doesn't only involve skin products.
Instead, it requires you to raise your daily nutrition intake.
That's a very helpful holistic approach.
Specifically, let me tell you why you should boost your antioxidant intake:
- They are usually found in plant-based food items.
- Can protect your normal skin cells from free radical damage.
- Give you a clear and healthy skin appearance.
- Assist in acne prevention and minimizing its effects.
You should definitely have a good supply of antioxidants.
It's all about consuming them in your daily foods or by taking supplements.
And there are definitely a lot of choices for you to choose from.
While most come from plant-based foods, you can still get them from other sources:
- Whole grains and vegetables
- Seafood and lean meats
- Vegetable oils
- Tea and red wine
- Citrus fruits
Improving your antioxidant intake will fight your acne.
You won't see the benefits instantly, that's true.
But your health will begin to benefit over time .
This steps works better when combines with the others, that's for sure.
Aside from helping ease your existing acne, it will also prevent future breakouts.
Antioxidants are active compounds that combat free radical damage.
You should boost your intake because they can reduce existing acne.
They also prevent future outbreaks.
#9 – Get Some Vitamin D
Clogged follicles and pores can lead to inflammation.
But luckily, there are some special vitamins that can control that.
Vitamin D is one of them, as it has a potent anti-inflammatory effect:
- Inflamed acne leads to pores full of bacteria, dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
- This results in swelling and redness.
- An adequate amount of vitamin D can help limit such issues.
- It has both anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Aside from this, it also stops bacterial growth.
- It can eliminate your grown zits.
You probably heard that you need sunlight to get this vitamin.
And you are right – as sunshine can increase your vitamin D levels.
Just keep in mind that too much sun exposure can more harm than good.
In terms of food choices, you can choose from the list below:
- Red meat
- Egg yolks
- Oily fish
- Fortified products
You may use supplements, if you prefer – as they are also effective.
In fact, a study observed that vitamin D supplements can reduce inflammation.
Now, the recommended daily intake varies with age and some other factors.
But for teens and adults (14-70 years olds), the recommended amount is 15 mcg (600 IU) .
So the next time you prepare your meal, make sure to add vitamin D-rich foods to your plate.
Acne can have inflammatory symptoms, as it builds up clogged pores.
Vitamin D has a potent anti-inflammatory effect
It has also anti-microbial properties, that cuts down bacterial growth.
#10 – Improve Your Gut Bacteria
We were all once taught to totally avoid bacteria, since we were kids.
It would be understandable to have a negative impression on bacteria.
But we forget that our bodies are literally filled with trillions of them.
Our gut bacteria is crucial for our body to function properly .
You would be surprised that gut bacteria is also important in acne:
- Gut microbiome is involved in acne development.
- This is through its interactions with your skin microbiome.
- Inflammatory skin conditions are directly linked to gut issues.
- People with acne tend to have digestive issues.
- People with leaky guts often get acne breakouts.
To enhance your gut bacteria, you should consume more probiotic-rich foods.
Probiotics are made of good live bacteria/yeasts that are beneficial.
These types of foods are fairly easy to purchase :
- Dairy products (cheese, yoghurt, traditional buttermilk, kefir)
- Non-dairy products (kimchi, kombucha, sauerkraut, tempeh)
You can also choose high-quality probiotic supplements.
Allow me to introduce you to one of the best products from the market – 1MD Complete Probiotics:
- Contains 11 bacterial strains + a prebiotic mix
- Works really well in re-balancing the gut.
- Designed to provide better immunity.
- Establishes a microbial balance in your gut.
- Has some of the highest doses in the market.
- Backed up by its satisfied users.
It goes without saying that this product is specially developed for your gut.
It can indeed boost your gut bacteria and prevent worse acne.
It is difficult to find a great product like this in stores recently.
So do not miss this out.
There is a direct relationship between your gut bacteria and acne breakouts.
So increase your probiotics – in order to improve your gut bacteria.
1MD Complete Probiotics is your best choice, as it re-balances your gut.
#11 – Have More Omega 3s
A proper nutrition should never be underestimated.
This especially if you really want to get rid of acne permanently.
When you are dealing with inflammatory acne, you have to address its root causes.
One of the best ways to fight it is by improving your Omega 3s intake:
- Omega 3s are your Omega-3 fatty acids (FAs).
- They are a special type of fats that your body cannot produce on its own.
- That is why you need to get a consistent external supply.
- They can improve a severe acne.
- They can also prevent future acne breakouts.
These nutrients are known to reduce inflammation.
A study has also found that fish oil can significantly improve acne.
There is an observed case on people who are suffering from moderate and severe acne .
In fact, acne is pretty rare in people who consume a lot of Omega-3s.
Given their benefits, I suggest you to eat more Omega 3s-rich foods:
- Fish rich in Omega 3s (trout, salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring).
- Other seafoods (oysters, shrimp, squids, crabs).
- Dishes for vegans or vegetarians (algae, seaweeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts).
You may go for supplements.
Just make sure that you upgrade both your antioxidant and Omega-3s intake.
Omega 3s work best for people with moderate and severe acne.
They control the severity of your acne and prevents future breakouts.
You can get your Omega 3s through your food intake and dietary supplements.
#12 – Have Trust And Patience
Honestly, at this point, you already have a high chance of getting rid of acne.
The steps I earlier mentioned are really helpful.
But do note that these steps will take some time to work.
Still, that's fine – because it means that you are fixing the root causes of the problem.
Now, persistent acne can be very frustrating.
It can even make you question yourself .
But giving yourself time is crucial, in this case.
Make sure to stay focused on the goal.
And that goal is really achievable, more than you may think.
It's true that no one would ever want to have acne.
But even so – it allows you get to know more about your body.
Treating acne can take some times.
Trust yourself and be patient, as it keeps you focused down the road.
My Final Thoughts
Are you now ready to get rid of your acne?
Remember to take the holistic approach and follow all of these 12 steps:
- Apply SPF daily.
- Have your blood tests.
- Go For ClearPores System.
- Learn to exfoliate correctly.
- Get a DHT blocker.
- Learn to give up sugar and fast foods.
- Hydrate appropriately.
- Boost your antioxidants intake.
- Get some Vitamin D .
- Improve your gut bacteria.
- Have your Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Be patient and trust yourself.
As I said, it is going to be a gradual process, as your acne issues cannot disappear in a snap.
But it is going to be worth it in the long run – just trust the process.
Besides, after a few weeks, you may begin to see some noticeable changes.
That's when you will begin to regain your confidence back.
1 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC
2 – https://europepmc.org/article/med/
3 – https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii
4 – https://www.danielplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020
5 – https://aspenjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs
6 – https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-Consumer/
7 – https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/16/4/7493