It’s time for my Florastor Probiotic review – a supplement that caught my eye pretty fast.
But is it worth the try? Or could it be a scam (in a different form)?:
- basic formula
- quite pricey
- negative side reactions
Well, I searched for this product's details, so that I can give you the important info about it.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Florastor Probiotic.
Full Name: Florastor Daily Probiotic Supplement by Biocodex, Inc.
Product Type: Probiotics
Best Actual Price: Around $16
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Maintaining a healthy digestive balance
My Rating: 4.5 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – I don't consider it a good choice at all:
- unconvincing formula
- works rather slow
- not suitable for all users
I suggest you try the best probiotic from the market instead, and you will surely see the difference.
What I Liked About It
- Comes with a professional website
- Available in different retailers
- Has several authentic customer reviews
- Complete product info
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Only contains one bacterial strain
- A bottle lasts a lot less than it seems
- Can cause many side effects
- Low doses
- Contains lactose
- A little expensive for its value
- Works more slowly than others
#1 – Claims & Producer
Let's take a look at some basic info about this supplement:
- how it works
- who is the producer behind
- what problems it treats
Florastor claims to have a “unique strain with larger, stronger cells than other probiotics.”
According to its website, here's what this actually means:
- supports a healthy immune system
- strengthens digestive balance
- flushes out bad bacteria
- boosts good bacteria
Now, the unique strain it claims to provide increases intestinal coverage and protection.
Or at least that's what the product states.
Lastly, Florastor is also vegetarian and free of titanium dioxide, GMO and gluten.
However – it does contain lactose, which is a big issue.
Now, there are different versions of the product:
- Florastor Daily Probiotic Supplement
- FlorastorKids Daily Probiotic Supplement
- FlorastorBaby Daily Probiotic Supplement
- FlorastorPre Daily Probiotic & Fiber Supplement
But I want to focus on the first one, because it's the most popular.
Now – my opinion about the unique strain present inside it is quite good.
But it's only one – so I don't think it's enough to follow all these promises.
2. Company Behind
The creator of Florastor is called Biocodex, Inc.
I checked its website and so far, here's what I found:
- makes products for nerve health and microbiota
- company was founded more than 60 years ago
- pioneered in marketing the first probiotic yeast strain
In terms of contact info – the address, fax and phone number are provided.
You can also reach them through their contact page.
So at a glance – I would say that it's safe to buy from this brand, based on its credibility.
#2 – Ingredients (4 out of 10)
Unlike other probiotic supplements, Florastor's formula is not too impressive:
- one probiotic yeast strain
- 250 mg/capsule
- 5 billion CFU
So here are the ingredients present in this supplement:
- Saccharomyces boulardii CNCM I-745 – treats diarrhea & prevents gastrointestinal infection 
- Lactose – improves gut microbiota and promotes immunity 
The other ingredients are inactive.
So they're only used to for the encapsulation process (which has no medical action).
Now – I heard a lot of good things about the bacterial strain from Florastor.
However, the dose and the amount are not enough to make the supplement too strong.
Besides – its formulation contains lactose, which is a serious allergen.
That's why it can cause a lot of reactions inside and outside your body.
Overall – Florastor can work, but not as well as other probiotics.
That's why I'm not a fan of its formula.
In my opinion, the overall formulation could better with 2 conditions:
- if it had more bacterial strain
- it it was lactose-free
Overall – I would say that Florastor is not a bad product and it might work.
However, there are better alternatives out there, with some more potent formulas.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (9 out of 10)
Let me give you some details about the product's appearance.
Here's how Florastor Probiotic looks like:
- white capsules
- average dimensions
- light yeast scent
Besides, this product has a unique appearance.
Its brand name and product amount are printed on each capsule.
So it does look like most probiotics, but it has its own brand touch.
Based on its website, there are the different ways of taking this product:
- swallow the whole capsules
- open the capsule and empty the content on your tongue
- incorporate it into semisolid food
- dissolve its content in liquid
According to its label, the serving size is only one pill.
But its website recommends taking 500 mg daily (2 capsules) for best results.
Now – it's a good thing that there are several ways to take this product.
But if you ask me, they can be a bit confusing.
Besides – I'm not sure if the results are the same as when swallowing the full pills.
#4 – Results (5 out of 10)
Let's move on to the customer reviews, to see how the product work.
I always check user opinions, to get different insights on any product
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
I checked Florastor Probiotic's reviews on Amazon, since there are a lot of honest comments there.
So far – here are the testimonies of satisfied customers:
- A lot of customers mentioned that it really helped with their stomach issues.
- Some said it treated their diarrhea.
- Others mentioned that the product works well even under antibiotics medication.
- The rest liked the fact that it helped them.
Many people are satisfied with this product, so it has an average rating of 4.6 stars out of 5.
That's really good, actually.
Overall – the comments look genuine and authentic, so I'm surely they're unbiased.
2. Negative Opinions
Now – let's look at the complaints of people who didn't like Florastor:
- A lot of comments are about how slowly it works.
- Many users didn't like the effect of lactose on their body.
- Some mentioned that it doesn't work at all.
- A few experienced severe stomach pain and diarrhea.
Again – Florastor contains lactose, which makes it not suitable for everyone.
Also, I already expected it to be quite slowly, because of its weak formulation.
So it's not among my top recommended probiotics.
If you ask me, I didn't find any major problems with the product.
Still, it works – but it's quite slowly and it's not for everyone.
Despite not being terrible, I wouldn't really recommend it.
#5 – Side Effects (5 out of 10)
Honestly, I already expected all the possible side effects when it comes to this product.
But let's point out the issues of some buyers:
- Allergies (dairy)
- Loose bowel (lactose-intolerant)
- Bloating, gas and diarrhea
I would say that my expectations were true, given the ingredients.
So I suggest you skip Florastor if you're allergic to dairy and/or lactose-intolerant.
These side effects can be prevented if you always check the product formula first.
But I strongly advise you to look for other alternatives that are free of these ingredients.
Honestly, most probiotics don't contain lactose/dairy.
So Floraspor loses a lot of points at this chapter.
#6 – Price (7 out of 10)
If you let me judge Florastor's price, I would say that it's a little expensive.
It's true that it seems quite affordable.
But judging after its composition and quality, it's not really so.
1. The Exact Price
Based on the product's official website, the are 4 options:
- 20 capsules
- 30 capsules
- 50 capsules
- 100 capsules
So to be fair, I decided to feature the price list on Amazon:
- 30 capsules cost $22.20
- 50 capsules cost $29.98
- 100 capsules cost $54.16
Now, you can't actually find a pack of 20 capsules on Amazon anymore.
That's probably because it wasn't sold too well.
But luckily, I found it Walmart for $16.00 (the 20 capsules version).
Now – Florastor's website doesn't sell the product directly.
Instead, it offers several choices where you can buy the supplement.
As for this product's actual price – it's surely not high at all.
But there's one thing you need to keep in mind:
- for best results, you should take twice the recommended quantity
- in this way, a bottle is only enough for half of its time
- so the final price is double
For instance – a 20 capsules bottle would normally last for 20 days.
But if you want the best results, you should take 2 pills daily – which means a bottle will only last for 10 days.
This is a crucial aspect you need to keep in mind.
As you can see, its price is not as good as it seems at first.
2. Competitors’ Price
I will only compare Florastor with my top recommended probiotic.
The product I'm talking about is BiomeMD:
- BiomeMD comes with 15 essential bacterial strains in high doses.
- It contains both pre and probiotics.
- Florastor has only one bacterial strain and it also contains lactose.
- The overall formula can be effective, but it's very weak.
- Between these 2, Florastor has a higher chance of side effects.
- BiomeMD can be bought for $49 normally, but you can get it for $28 (discounted price).
- On the other hand, Florastor ‘s price starts from $16.
If you want my honest opinion, I would say that BiomeMD is a lot more worth it.
And that's because compared to Florastor, it's superior in a lot of aspects.
So I strongly recommend you to invest in a high-quality product, like this one.
Honestly – Florastor is not as cheap as it seems:
- probably needs 2 capsules per day (60 capsules a month)
- weak formulation for the price
- needs constant repurchasing
Again – I'm not telling you that it doesn't work.
I just think that there are way better alternatives out there are a lot more valuable.
#7 – Final Conclusions
This is how I would like to summarize my thoughts on Florastor Probiotic.
1. Insufficient Ingredients
Honestly – Florastor is weak (compared to other probiotics):
- 5 billion CFU
- 1 probiotic yeast strain
- 250 mg/capsule
- contains lactose
Again, I'm not saying that it's not effective at all – but it might take a longer time to work.
Lastly – if you're allergic to dairy, this supplement is not for you.
2. Reliable Background
Based on my research, the company behind Florastor Probiotic is pretty famous.
There are a lot of reviews about its legitimacy and authenticity.
So I would say that it's safe to buy from this brand.
3. A Bit Pricey
Lastly – there are some reasons why Florastor Probiotic is somehow expensive:
- 20 capsules cost $16
- requires 2 capsules/day to be more effective
- a bottle last a short while
As I always say, don't always look for a low price and try to reconsider different aspects too.only.
This product may be cheap, but it doesn't last a lot.
So the final price is quite high, actually.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not quite – and these are some of my reasons:
- Lactose is part of the formula
- Contains only one bacterial strain
- Causes a lot of side effects
- Works quite slowly
- A bottle lasts half of its initial time (if you want the best results)
Now, Florastor Probiotic is effective (according to its customer reviews).
However – I would say that it's not strong enough to work immediately.
And in my opinion, probiotics should be a lot faster.
With that, I want to give you a better alternative – which is my #1 recommendation.
The probiotic I'm talking about is called BiomeMD:
- Price is right for its quality
- Contains a total of 15 essential bacterial strains
- Combines probiotics with prebiotics
- Works really well and fast
Given its overall features, it's obvious that BiomeMD is the better choice.
If there was a probiotic I could recommend to you, it would surely be this one.