Are you looking for a real way to relieve your joint pain?
Of all products – supplements are by far my #1 recommendation:
- stronger effect (than creams or topical products)
- highest ingredient dosages
- lower price
But what exact brand should you go for?
Here are my top recommendations: the 9 best joint pain supplements for 2021 (+ video).
Note: The supplements below are the best choices on the market in terms of quality/price.
1. Producer: Nuzena
- Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate
- MSM, Turmeric, Boswellia Extract, Bromelain
- Quercetin, Methionine
3. Best For: Joint Pain, Cartilage Damage, Stiffness (pretty much every joint problem).
I recommend it mostly to people who want the best joint supplement for the money.
Nuzena’s product is definitely the best joint supplement on the market.
It has some major advantages (compared to all competitors):
- Stronger formula with high dosages.
- Lowest price ever (around $15/bottle for a larger pack).
- Installments payment available.
- Works for most joint problems.
Basically – it’s a product that is totally worth the money (a lot more than the others).
Plus, it’s really suitable for people on a low budget:
- you don’t have to pay the whole amount at once
- sellers allows you to pay in 4 monthly installments
- that’s as low as $7.50/month
However – its total price is the same (whether you pay at once or in 4 installments).
Tell me another brand that allows this payment type.
For this reason – I strongly recommend Joint Support + for people with any budget.
It’s the cheapest supplement with such a high quality.
Price Tip: Use the code below to get $10 off for your order.
If you buy the largest pack, you get 3 free bottles and an overall price of $15/bottle. That’s the lowest price I could ever find in a joint supplement.
- Excellent formula with strong ingredients
- Each compound comes in high dosages
- Ingredients have studies behind
- Pills are easier to swallow (than in other supplements)
- Effective for most joint problems
- Best price on the market (up to almost $15/bottle)
- You can also pay in 4 equal installments
- Worldwide shipping
- Shipping rates are free for orders over $50
- Most of its reviews are on Nuzena’s official website
- You can’t find it in most retailers
1. Producer: VitaBalance
- Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate
- MSM, Bromelain, Boswellia Extract, Turmeric
- Quercetin, Methionine (the same as in the previous supplement)
3. Best For: Joint Pain/Stiffness, Damaged Cartilages.
Glucosamine supplements work best for osteoarthritis and cartilage problems (which are the most common causes of joint pain).
VitaBalance’s product is one of the best joint supplements I know.
In fact – it’s pretty close to my #1 recommendation (it has very similar features):
- Really strong formula and compounds.
- Ingredients have clinical evidence behind.
- Many positive reviews (though some people don’t trust them).
- Lower price than most competitors.
Not to mention that it works for most joint problems (from pain to stiffness).
So basically – ProJoint Plus is almost the perfect joint supplement.
It’s only that Joint Support + (my #1 recommendation) offers an installments payment option (which is major advantage).
But in terms of ingredients and price, they’re almost identical.
For this reason – ProJoint Plus is a product I strongly recommend as well.
You’re making a great choice buying it.
Price Tip: You can also get this supplement cheaper. Use the code below to get 5% off.
Then buy the largest pack to get each bottle for about $19.
- Quality ingredients and high dosages
- All substances have joint-related studies behind
- Easy to swallow pills
- Works for most joint problems (especially cartilage-related)
- Really low price overall
- Only ships in about 25 countries
- Shipping isn’t free for any order amount
- International shipping rates applied for any non-US order ($10)
- Only sold on its official website
- Most authentic reviews are on its official website
#3 – Cardio³ ($24.99)
1. Producer: Newtrition
- Fish Oil (Omega-3 Concentrate)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA)
- Fat (Polyunsaturated Fat, Cholesterol)
3. Best For: Most joint-related issues:
- joint pain/arthritis 
- muscle & joint stiffness
- inflammation 
- skin conditions (including acne)
- minor heart problems
It’s also very effective for heart health, general health and for aging prevention.
In case you were looking for an Omega 3 joint supplement – this is my top choice.
Newtrition’s Cardio³ has some major advantages:
- Unique formula with a superior technology (Accelon™).
- 3x faster absorption than most fish oil products.
- Excellent price (compared to competitors).
- Additional benefits besides its joint effect.
As you might know – Omega 3 supplements are helpful for mostly anything.
However, their joint benefits are some of their best effects.
That’s why including an Omega-3 product on this list was a must.
In fact – I strongly recommend Optima Omega-3 for:
- inflammatory joint pain (including RA)
- preventing future cartilage tear
- maintaining joint health
Besides – it’s a 10-in-1 product (helps the joints but it also has numerous other health benefits).
So if you prefer an Omega-3 supplement for your joints, this one is my top recommendation.
- Superior quality and technology
- 3x faster absorption rate
- High dosages in most ingredients
- Best formula among all Omega-3 products
- Only 1 pill per day
- Really low price for the quality
- You can get a lower price by signing up for auto-shipping
- Not available in most retailers
- Few reviews outside the official website
1. Producer: VitaBalance
- Organic Turmeric Powder, Turmeric 95% Curcuminoids
3. Best For: Inflammatory Joint Pain/Arthritis
This includes auto-immune forms of arthritis (especially RA and PsA) or swollen joints.
If you’re dealing with swollen joints – turmeric supplements are my top recommendation.
And out of all turmeric supplements, this product would be my first pick:
- Quality formula and dosages.
- Increased absorption (due to bioperine).
- Lowest price among all turmeric supplements (up to $16/bottle)
Besides – turmeric does more than decreasing swollen joints.
It’s also helpful for weight loss, high blood pressure, low immunity, etc.
However – in terms of joint pain, it’s the best herb for decreasing inflammation:
- strongly recommended in auto-immune forms of arthritis
- also works for nerve pain
So if you suffer from inflammatory arthritis – I strongly recommend turmeric instead of glucosamine supplements (as the first 2 above).
However, inflammatory arthritis is quite rare (mostly RA or PsA).
That’s why Turmeric Curcumin Plus is only ranked the 4th on my list.
Price Tip: In order to get this supplement cheaper, use the code below for 5% off.
If you chose to buy the largest pack, you pay around $16/bottle and get an extra one for free.
- High dosages in all ingredients
- Organic form of turmeric used
- Contains bioperine (which increases absorption considerably)
- Effective for other health problems except joint pain
- Lowest price among turmeric supplements (up to $16/bottle)
- Few authentic reviews outside its official website
- Doesn’t ship in every country
- Shipping rates are $5 (for the US) and $10 (Internationally)
- Not sold on 3rd party retailers like Amazon
1. Producer: Nuzena
- Turmeric Root Powder, Turmeric 95% Curcuminoids
3. Best For: People with inflammatory joint pain who are on a tight budget.
It works for the same problems are the previous supplement (auto-immune arthritis and inflamed joints).
This supplement is pretty similar to the previous one (in terms of ingredients).
For this reason – it could make an excellent choice for inflammatory pain anytime:
- great formula & ingredients
- strong dosages
- quality composition
However, it has 2 different aspects:
- Lowest price/bottle is a bit higher (around $18 vs $16).
- Offers 4 monthly installments payment.
Basically – it has both a good and a bad side.
Its best price is a few dollars more compared to my top pick (Turmeric Curcumin Plus).
Still – it’s a better choice for lower budgets, because you don’t have to pay the whole amount at once.
For this reason, it makes an excellent option among turmeric supplements.
It has an advantage that any other doesn’t have (installments payment).
So if you prefer this kind of payment – this product is my #1 recommendation.
Price Tip: You can use the code below to get a better price ($10 off).
This supplement is quite pricey if you buy only one bottle. For this reason, I recommend getting the largest pack (about $20/bottle).
- Strong formula and high dosages
- Quality producer behind
- Ingredients backed up with studies
- Really good price (mostly if you buy several bottles at once)
- Installments payment available
- Free shipping over $50
- Delivered in any country in the world
- Few authentic reviews
- Standard price (for 1 bottle) is quite high
- Not available in many retailers
1. Producer: Living Well Nutraceuticals
- Glucosamine Sulfate, Marine Magnesium
- Hydrosylate Collagen, MSM
- Alpha Lipoic Acid, White Willow Bark
3. Best For: Both inflammatory joint pain and damaged cartilages.
Here’s another excellent choice for your joint pain.
Super Joint Support offers a unique formula (compared to most competitors):
- based on collagen
- high quantity of vitamins/minerals
However – to be honest, this formula isn’t as good as my top 2 recommended products.
At least in terms of ingredient quality.
Still, Super Joint Support’s composition is extremely valuable even so.
But the supplement has other downsides:
- Quite expensive normally ($60/bottle).
- Producing company is pretty unknown.
- Requires taking 6 pills per day.
These are the reasons why Living Well Nutraceuticals’ product isn’t higher on my list.
But even so – it’s totally worth its place here, since it’s a worth buying product.
Price Tip: You can get this product for a slightly lower price.
In order to get $50/bottle (instead of $60), order the 6 months supply and you will get a small discount (though I still consider $50 way too much).
- Quality and unique formula
- Compounds that work really well combined together
- Pretty good dosages
- Enough customer reviews available online
- Price decreases if you buy larger supplies
- You need to take 6 pills per day
- Quite expensive ($60/bottle normally)
- Producer doesn’t have a lot of info behind
1. Producer: Dr. David Williams
- Glucosamine Sulfate, Boswellia Extract
- Eggshell Membrane, Bromelain
- Australian Herbal Blend, International Herbal Blend
3. Best For: Both swollen joints and damaged cartilages.
It’s one of the few products that contains about the same quantity of ingredients from both groups.
Dr. David Williams’ product is an excellent choice for joint pain:
- Original formula
- High and strong dosages
- Reputable company behind
And even though it’s not the best joint formula I have seen – it’s still a powerful one.
One of its main advantages is that it contains about 50/50 anti-inflammatory and cartilage re-builders.
Other than that – it’s not perfect:
- pills are pretty thick
- you need to take 4 daily
- no discounts when buying larger quantities
Still – the supplements remains a quality one.
So it’s totally worth the spot on this best of list.
- Excellent original formula
- Some trademark ingredients
- Effective for both inflammatory pain and cartilage tear
- Reputable producer
- Enough satisfied customers online
- 4 pills required daily
- Price is quite high
- No discount offered for larger quantities
- Pills are pretty thick (compared to other supplements)
#8 – Smarter Nutrition Curcumin ($40.00)
1. Producer: Smarter Nutrition
- Curcumin C3 Reduct
- Black Cumin Seed Oil, Ginger Root Extract
3. Best For: Inflammatory joint pain.
Since it’s a pricier product, I mostly recommend it to people who cannot tolerate bioperine (turmeric + bioperine is a much cheaper alternative).
This is one of the best turmeric supplements I actually know:
- Original formula and ingredients.
- Enhanced absorption rates.
- Many studies behind.
- Producer has a great reputation.
It’s true that the supplement itself is quite expensive.
And since it’s sold on Amazon – there are no discounts for larger quantities.
But except its high price, the product itself is excellent.
In fact – it’s a great choice for people with inflammatory pain that are allergic to bioperine (though this is quite rare).
Its technology creates an increased absorption without bioperine.
So overall – it’s a really high quality product.
- Excellent formula with unique compounds
- Contains one trademark ingredients
- Increased absorption without using bioperine
- Only 1 pill per day
- Available in several retailers
- A bit expensive
- No discount for larger quantities
- Doesn’t ship worldwide
#9 – Arthrozene ($49.95)
1. Producer: Fisico
- ApresFlex Boswellia Extract
- Mobilee Natural Chicken Comb Extract
- B-2Cool Native Collagen
3. Best For: Pretty much all kind of joint issues.
It contains both anti-inflammatory and cartilage ingredients, so it can help in most joint problems.
Fisico’s product is a very popular choice among joint supplements.
That’s probably because it’s strongly advertised all over.
Still – the product itself is really good:
- Quality formula and good dosages.
- All 3 active ingredients are trademark substances.
- Studies behind for all ingredients.
However – as with most popular products, Arthrozene is really expensive.
That’s why I don’t consider it the best choice (with so many cheaper alternatives).
But in terms of effectiveness – it’s surely a potent supplement.
- Strong trademark ingredients
- Only requires one pill per day
- Clinical evidence behind the ingredients
- Available in several retailers
- Very expensive per bottle
- Few complaints online
- Doesn’t work in 5 days (as it claims)
My Verdict – What’s The Best Joint Pain Supplement?
Short answer: It depends on your exact problem.
But summing up the recommendations above – here’s my list:
- Cartilage Damage: Joint Support +/ProJoint Plus
- Inflammation: Turmeric Curcumin Plus
- Best Omega 3: Optima Omega-3 +
Basically – the top supplement I strongly recommend is Joint Support + from Nuzena:
- excellent formula
- works for both inflammatory pain and damaged cartilages
- lowest price overall (about $17/bottle)
- installments payment available
Other than that, I also listed some alternatives for turmeric and Omega 3 supplements.
If you prefer one of those – they are also extremely effective.
Just keep in mind that:
- turmeric works for inflammatory joint pain (and nothing else)
- it’s not going to help damaged cartilages
For this reason – if you have cartilage problems/osteoarthritis, go for a glucosamine supplement (like my #1 recommendation).
If you only have swollen joints (RA or PsA) – turmeric supplements are the best choice.