Did you know that there are about 100 trillion bacteria inside your body?:
- your gut contains a balance of good and bad bacteria
- this combination keeps your health and immunity
So can a probiotic help you?
Well, a quality supplement can bring this balance back where it should be.
For this reason – here are the top 9 benefits of probiotics you need to know.
Note: This guide is based on my own research and personal insights.
#1 – Improve Your Digestive Problems
The current trend is being more health conscious.
For this reason, you must have an intact digestive system.
Now, probiotics are probably the best solution for that.
They are so used because of their major proprieties:
- Sustain optimal function of the digestive system.
- Restore microbial balance (for people with gut issues).
- Help to regulate your bad bacteria.
- Promote better absorption of minerals and vitamins.
- Lower risk of gastrointestinal issues.
Probiotics work well against constipation because they speed up digestion.
According to studies, they can shorten colonic transit.
That's not a surprise, as they are known to improve stool consistency and frequency .
These friendly bacteria have more in store for you:
- Lessen the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD).
- Work against rotavirus and traveler's diarrhea.
- Help inflammatory diseases in the intestines.
Using probiotics can surely be beneficial for most people.
However, don't expect them to prevent or treat diseases.
Rather, they have the potential to lessen your risk and relieve your symptoms.
Probiotics are good bacteria with digestive health benefits.
They work well in normalizing stool consistency and frequency.
Plus, they reduce the risk of constipation, diarrhea and digestive diseases.
#2 – Reduce IBS Symptoms
There is probably a good chance that you're dealing with IBS.
I understand how stressful could be to deal with it every day.
IBS is a group of digestive signs and symptoms like:
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel motility
- Changes in bowel movements.
One of the speculated causes is harmful bacteria overgrowth.
And that's where probiotics work best – they regulate bad bacteria.
They are clinically proven to maintain a microbial balance in your gut system.
Improving IBS is one of the strong points of probiotics:
- Studies show they can reduce bloating and abdominal pain .
- Also, improve bowel movements inconsistencies and flatulence.
- It's also observed that probiotics enhance bowel motility.
- Can maintain a normal epithelial barrier function.
Now, 2 main probiotics are used against IBS: Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
You don't have to worry if you're not familiar with any of them.
Probiotics generally do not cause harm to healthy people.
It's one of the reasons why they are recommended for treating IBS.
IBS includes digestive symptoms caused by too many bad bacteria.
Probiotics work against IBS because they control the level of bad bacteria.
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are the main probiotics used against IBS.
#3 – Boost Immunity
You already know that taking probiotics helps your body a lot.
One of these benefits is that they also boost your immune system.
When used with the right dosage, probiotics can make you healthier than before:
- Recent studies show that probiotics contain beneficial genes and compounds.
- They mediate immunoregulatory effects.
- This prevents allergies and eczema.
- Also, ensure protection against viral infections.
- Plus, vaccination responses become more effective.
Probiotics maintain a balance between innate and adaptive immune responses .
This is why they can help so much.
Moreover, they manage the functions of mucosal and systemic immune cells.
They also limit virus movements, as they improve mucosal barrier function.
Here are some specific probiotic strains that can enhance immunity:
- Bifidobacterium (BB-12)
- Lactobacillus paracasei (L. Casei)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG)
These types of probiotics increase immune function in your body.
Just keep them in mind, when you buying a probiotic supplement.
Probiotics can also ensure an optimal immune system function.
They help regulate allergies, eczema, and flu-like sickness.
They can also prevent viral particles from spreading.
#4 – Increase Weight Loss
Let me tell you why you still need to take a probiotic if you just want to be fit.
Probiotics are also known to play a role in losing weight correctly.
In fact, that's one of the many reasons why they are popular.
Besides their internal benefits, they also make you look good on the outside.
Here's how exactly these good bacteria can be your best gym buddy:
- Your gut microbiota is one of the potential indicators of obesity.
- Probiotics allow your gut to control the risk of obesity.
- They help get and absorb nutrients.
- Probiotics also play a key role in our metabolism.
Unlike other substances, probiotics' effect in reducing weight is backed up by studies.
A 2018 study showed that probiotic strains cause significant weight loss.
This result proved they can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and obesity .
Probiotics can make you look fit and healthy at the same time – as they control:
- Abdominal Fat
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Triglyceride Levels
- Unhealthy Cholesterol Levels
Sounds promising? It's because they are – and science says the same.
But they can only assist you in losing weight to some extent since there are other factors.
Even so, it's useful to let these good bacteria burn fat from the inside.
Taking probiotics can assist you in losing extra body weight.
They can exert control of both your metabolism and nutrient absorption.
Probiotics make you both healthy and physically fit.
#5 – Reduce Acne And Skin Issues
Not everyone knows that probiotics can actually help you get a good skin.
Most people are unaware that they work for skin issues (like acne).
Taking probiotics is effective because it solves skin issues from the inside.
- Probiotics fight off acne-causing microbes and bad bacteria.
- They specifically target P. acnes on your skin.
- Have inhibitory effects on acne-causing bacteria.
- Can provide a balance of good bacteria (to lessen skin inflammation).
- They also treat mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris.
You can see that probiotics can really punch your acne.
But remember they can work against other known skin issues as well.
Studies showed that probiotics can produce antioxidants (glutathione) .
This helps reduce oxidative stress that disrupts skin collagen and elastin.
Probiotics can also be used to both prevent and treat:
- Allergic Skin Inflammation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Skin Hypersensitivity
- UV Induced Skin Damage
On top of that, they also balance your skin's pH levels.
This makes it easier for your skin to form healthy a barrier.
So be among the first ones that add probiotics to your skincare regimen!
Probiotics have some impressive skin benefits too.
They can reduce the level of acne-causing bacteria (P. acnes).
Lastly, they also protect your skin collagen and elastin.
#6 – Fights Anxiety And Mental Problems
As if their other benefits are not enough, probiotics can offer more.
They don't only take the stress away from acne and digestive symptoms.
They can also lighten up your mood.
Let me tell you how probiotics can help you brush off negativity:
- There is a connection between the gut and the brain (microbial gut axis).
- Probiotics can regulate this axis.
- Your gut flora has an active role in managing your mood.
- People with IBS tend to develop anxiety and depression.
- Based on studies, anxiety and depression could also trigger GI symptoms.
It's easy to see how someone's digestive troubles can cause stress.
Chronic stress caused by gut symptoms can lead to anxiety and depression.
In this case, probiotics can alleviate your mental symptoms .
Even so, it is okay to be picky with your probiotics:
- Bifidobacterium longum 1714
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175
- Lactobacillus casei Shirota
- Lactobacillus helveticus
These are just some of the best strains to enhance your mood.
The connection between the gut and the brain is interesting, but it needs further research.
Nevertheless, there's enough evidence that probiotics can soothe mental distress.
The brain-Microbial Gut axis acts as a link between your mind and your gut.
So gut symptoms cause stress and can influence mood.
Probiotics alleviate these symptoms, as well as anxiety and depression.
#7 – Prevent Urinary Infections
The benefits you get from probiotics just keep on coming.
This one is focused on how they impact your urinary health.
Cautious about using drugs when dealing with urinary issues?
Well, probiotics can be an option.
They are known to be helpful as natural alternatives:
- Keep your urinary tract healthy and infection-free.
- Can neutralize pathogens and harmful bacteria that can cause urinary issues.
- Enable the restoration of good bacteria.
- Produce an anti-bacterial agent in your urine (hydrogen peroxide).
- Worsen the environment of bad bacteria by lowering your urine's pH.
Probiotics are known to be helpful in urinary tract infections (UTIs).
Not only that – but they also lower the risk of recurring infections in the future.
These good bacteria can also handle both complicated and uncomplicated UTIs.
Here is a list of some common UTIs caused by harmful bacteria:
- Pyelonephritis 
Note that probiotics are not traditional drugs.
That is why they can help best if combined with prescription drugs (antibiotics).
Probiotics are known to be beneficial for urinary health.
They are also commonly used as alternative in both complicated and uncomplicated UTIs.
They can also lower risk of recurring infections in the future.
#8 – Prevent Allergies/ Eczema
I mentioned earlier how probiotics can be used for skin problems.
Aside from acne, they work well against other common skin issues.
One of these issues are allergies:
- Probiotics serve as an alternative allergy treatment.
- They do a good job of reducing allergic reactions.
- That's because they keep the intestinal epithelial barrier's integrity.
- Also, control food allergies and even allergic diseases.
- Can be effective in treating and preventing allergic rhinitis.
Taking probiotics is a good way to curb allergy symptoms .
That's because of its power to regulate immune response to allergies.
Remember that allergies and eczema are not necessarily the same.
If you deal with eczema, specifically, you may need to know this:
- Probiotics help with atrophic dermatitis (a type of eczema).
- The effect includes hydrolyzing gluten peptide, which lowers inflammation.
- This reduced inflammation can treat eczema symptoms.
- Can prevent atopic sensitization to common food allergens.
- This reduces the risk of atopic eczema in early childhood.
Regarding probiotics themselves, very few people are allergic to them.
That's because they are mostly microbes that exist inside your body.
But the chances are extremely low.
Some studies indicate that probiotics can be effective in allergies/eczema.
They control the allergy symptoms because they manage immune responses.
They can also decrease the severity of atrophic dermatitis.
#9 – Boost General Health
Like any other supplements, probiotics have several focus benefits.
These include digestive, immunity, urinary, mental, and skin health.
That is why when you do take a probiotic, you will get healthier than before.
But it does not stop from here, for these good bacteria can promote general health :
- Serum cholesterol level reduction.
- Better blood pressure control.
- Less chance of cancer.
- Coronary disease prevention.
- Mediation of an antihypertensive effect.
- Better management of lactose intolerance symptoms.
These general benefits are all backed up by clinical trials.
However, remember that there's still more research needed in some areas.
This shouldn't stop you from taking probiotics, as their benefits cannot be ruled out.
If you want to get some of these benefits, you can get them from common strains like:
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bifidobacterium longum
Take note that Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species are the most used.
Always remember that each probiotic strain has its own unique function.
As long as you take it in the right amounts, you can expect some positive results.
Probiotics have lots of benefits on some key body systems.
But they are also known to improve your overall health.
You can get some general benefits from the most widely used probiotic strains.
Best Probiotic Supplement – Complete Probiotics Platinum
I think it is safe to say that you should be considering probiotics right now.
And what would be a good supplement to take?
Well, let me give you a really good recommendation.
Allow me to introduce you the best probiotic I know – Complete Probiotics Platinum:
- Based on one of the strongest probiotic formulas.
- Contains 11 different bacterial strains.
- Its formula is based on some high doses.
- Only requires you to take one pill each day.
- Surprisingly affordable (for its quality and value).
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee package.
This product really stands out among the rest.
It is one of the few products that combines probiotics with prebiotics.
Do not confuse the two, as prebiotics are special fibers.
These fibers act as food for probiotics – which is the key to a stronger effect.
But if that's not enough, here are more crucial reasons why I recommend it:
- Based on a unique encapsulation technology.
- Its composition is doctor-formulated.
- Very concentrated formula with a variety of strains.
- Has over 7000 satisfied users behind.
- Offered with several discounts available.
This supplement is easy to swallow and it works best when taken on an empty stomach.
However, you can try “the after-meal” approach, if it works for you better.
I recommend you take this supplement as long as you have gut issues.
If you are generally healthy, it is better to take a less concentrated one.
1MD's Complete Probiotics Platinum is the best probiotic supplement out there.
It is composed of one of the most powerful formulas in the market.
Plus, it comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee of the package.
My Final Thoughts
You would not be wrong by trying probiotics.
Their health benefits are just overwhelming:
- Improved digestive problems.
- Lessened IBS symptoms.
- Upgraded immune health.
- Enhanced weight loss.
- Fewer acne breakouts and skin issues.
- Improved mental health.
- Urinary infections prevention.
- Better management of allergies/ eczema.
- Boosted general health.
My advice would be to choose the best probiotic supplement – Complete Probiotics Supplement.
Once you give it a try, you won't regret it.
It will indeed take some time to work – but this product's benefits are real.
Compared to all the other probiotics out there, it's clearly superior.
1 – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25099542/
2 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles
3 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC
4 – https://www.researchgate.health-benefits-of-probiotics
5 – https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri
6 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc
7 – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.govProbiotic
8 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC
9 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles