Did you know that there are about 100 trillion bacteria inside your body?:
- your gut contains a balance of good and bad bacteria
- this combination keeps your health and immunity
So can a probiotic help you?
Well, a quality supplement can bring this balance back where it should be.
For this reason – here are the top 9 benefits of probiotics you need to know.
Note: This guide is based on my own research and personal insights.
#1 – Improve Your Digestive Problems
The current trend is being more health conscious.
For this reason, you must have an intact digestive system.
Now, probiotic are probably the best solution for that.
They are so used because of their major proprieties:
- Sustain optimal function of the digestive system.
- Restore microbial balance (for people with gut issues).
- Help to regulate your bad bacteria.
- Promote better absorption of minerals and vitamins.
- Lower risk of gastrointestinal issues.
These friendly bacteria have more in store for you:
- Lessen the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD).
- Work against rotavirus and traveler's diarrhea.
- Help inflammatory diseases in intestines.
Using probiotics can surely be beneficial for most people.
However, don't to expect them to prevent or treat diseases.
Rather, they have the potential to lessen your risk and relieve your symptoms.
Probiotics are good bacteria with digestive health benefits.
They work well in normalizing stool consistency and frequency.
Plus, they reduce the risk of constipation, diarrhea and digestive diseases.
#2 – Reduce IBS Symptoms
There is probably a good chance that you're dealing with IBS.
I understand of how stressful could be to deal with it everyday.
IBS is a group of digestive signs and symptoms like:
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel motility
- Changes in bowel movements.
Improving IBS is one of the strong points of probiotics:
- Studies show they can reduce bloating and abdominal pain .
- Also improve bowel movements inconsistencies and flatulence.
- It's also observed that probiotics enhance bowel motility.
- Can maintain a normal epithelial of barrier function.
Now, 2 main probiotics are used against IBS: Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
You don't have to worry if you're not familiar with any of them.
Probiotics generally do not cause harm to healthy people.
It's one of the reasons why they are recommended for treating IBS.
IBS includes digestive symptoms caused by too much bad bacteria.
Probiotics work against IBS, because they control the level of bad bacteria.
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are the main probiotics used against IBS.
#3 – Boost Immunity
You already know that taking probiotics helps your body a lot.
One of these benefits is that they also boost your immune system.
When used with the right dosage, probiotics can make you healthier than before:
- Recent studies show that probiotics contain beneficial genes and compounds.
- They mediate immunoregulatory effects.
- This prevents allergies and eczema.
- Also ensure protection against viral infections.
- Plus, vaccination responses become more effective.
Here are some specific probiotic strain that can enhance immunity:
- Bifidobacterium (BB-12)
- Lactobacillus paracasei (L. Casei)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG)
These types of probiotics increase immune function in your body.
Just keep them in mind, when you buying a probiotic supplement.
Probiotics can also ensure an optimal immune system function.
They helps regulate allergies, eczema and flu-like sickness.
They can also prevent viral particles from spreading.
#4 – Increase Weight Loss
Let me tell you why you still need to take a probiotic if you just want to be fit.
Probiotics are also known to play a role in losing weight correctly.
In fact, that's one of the many reasons why they are popular.
Besides their internal benefits, they also makes you look good on the outside.
Here's how exactly these good bacteria can be your best gym buddy:
- Your gut microbiota is one of the potential indicators of obesity.
- Probiotics allow your gut to control risk of obesity.
- They help getting and absorbing nutrients.
- Probiotics also play a key role in our metabolism.
Probiotics can make you look fit and healthy at the same time – as they control:
- Abdominal Fat
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Triglyceride Levels
- Unhealthy Cholesterol Levels
Sounds promising? It's because they are – and science says the same.
But they can only assist you in losing weight to some extent, since there are other factors.
Even so, it's useful to let these good bacteria burn fat from the inside.
Taking probiotics can assist you in losing extra body weight.
They can exert control in both your metabolism and nutrient absorption.
Probiotics make you both healthy and physically fit.
#5 – Reduce Acne And Skin Issues
Not everyone knows that probiotics can actually help you get a good skin.
Most people are unaware that they work for skin issues (like acne).
Taking probiotics is effective because it solves skin issues from the inside.
- Probiotics fight off acne-causing microbes and bad bacteria.
- They specifically target P. acnes on your skin.
- Have inhibitory effects on acne-causing bacteria.
- Can provide a balance of good bacteria (to lessen skin inflammation).
- They also treat mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris.
Probiotics can also be used to both prevent and treat:
- Allergic Skin Inflammation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Skin Hypersensitivity
- UV Induced Skin Damage
On top of that, they also balance your skin's pH levels.
This makes it easier for your skin to form healthy a barrier.
So be among the first ones that adds probiotics to your skincare regimen!
Probiotics have some impressive skin benefits too.
They can reduce the level of acne-causing bacteria (P. acnes).
Lastly, they also protect your skin collagen and elastin.
#6 – Fights Anxiety And Mental Problems
As if their other benefits are not enough, probiotics can offer more.
They don't only take the stress away from acne and digestive symptoms.
They can also lighten up your mood.
Let me tell you how probiotics can help you brush off negativity:
- There is a connection between gut and brain (microbial gut axis).
- Probiotics can regulate this axis.
- Your gut flora has an active role in managing your mood.
- People with IBS tend to develop anxiety and depression.
- Based on studies, anxiety and depression could also trigger GI symptoms.
Even so, it is okay to be picky with your probiotics:
- Bifidobacterium longum 1714
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175
- Lactobacillus casei Shirota
- Lactobacillus helveticus
These are just some of the best strains to enhance your mood.
The connection between gut and brain is interesting, but it needs further research.
Nevertheless, there's enough evidence that probiotics can soothe mental distress.
Brain-Microbial Gut axis acts as a link between your mind and your gut.
So gut symptoms cause stress and can influence mood.
Probiotics alleviate these symptoms, as well as anxiety and depression.
#7 – Prevent Urinary Infections
The benefits you get from probiotics just keep on coming.
This one is focused on how they impact your urinary health.
Cautious of using drugs when dealing with urinary issues?
Well, probiotics can be an option.
They are known to be helpful as natural alternative:
- Keep your urinary tract healthy and infection-free.
- Can neutralize pathogens and harmful bacteria that can cause urinary issues.
- Enable the restoration of good bacteria.
- Produce an anti-bacterial agent in your urine (hydrogen peroxide).
- Worsen environment for bad bacteria by lowering your urine's pH.
Here is a list of some common UTIs caused by harmful bacteria:
- Pyelonephritis 
Note that probiotics are not traditional drugs.
That is why they can help best if combined with prescription drugs (antibiotics).
Probiotics are known to be beneficial for urinary health.
They are also commonly used as alternative in both complicated and uncomplicated UTIs.
They can also lower risk of recurring infections in the future.
#8 – Prevent Allergies/ Eczema
I mentioned earlier how probiotics can be used for skin problems.
Aside from acne, they work well against other common skin issues.
One of these skin are allergies:
- Probiotics serve as an alternative allergy treatment.
- They do a good job in reducing allergic reactions.
- That's because they keep the intestinal epithelial barrier's integrity.
- Also control food allergies and even allergic diseases.
- Can be effective in treating and preventing allergic rhinitis.
If you deal with eczema, specifically, you may need to know this:
- Probiotics help with atrophic dermatitis (a type of eczema).
- They effect include hydrolyzing gluten peptide, that lowers inflammation.
- This reduced inflammation can treat eczema symptoms.
- Can prevent atopic sensitization to common food allergens.
- This reduces the risk of atopic eczema in early childhood.
Regarding probiotics themselves, very few people are allergic to them.
That's because they are mostly microbes that exist inside your body.
But the chances are extremely low.
Some studies indicate that probiotics can be effective in allergies/eczema.
They control the allergy symptoms, because they manage immune responses.
They can also decrease the severity of atrophic dermatitis.
#9 – Boost General Health
Like any other supplements, probiotics have several focus benefits.
These include digestive, immunity, urinary, mental and skin health.
That is why when you do take a probiotic, you will get healthier than before.
But it does not stop from here, for these good bacteria can promote general health :
- Serum cholesterol level reduction.
- Better blood pressure control.
- Less chance of cancer.
- Coronary disease prevention.
- Mediation of an antihypertensive effect.
- Better management of lactose intolerance symptoms.
If you want get some of these benefits, you can get them from common strains like:
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bifidobacterium longum
Take note that Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species are the most used.
Always remember that each probiotic strain has its own unique function.
As long as you take it in the right amounts, you can expect some positive results.
Probiotics have lots of benefits on some key body systems.
But they are also known to improve your overall health.
You can get some general benefits from the most widely used probiotic strains.
I think it is safe to say that you should be considering probiotics right now.
And what would be a good supplement to take?
Well, let me give you a really good recommendation.
Allow me to introduce you the best probiotic I know – Complete Probiotics Platinum:
- Based on one of the strongest probiotic formulas.
- Contains 11 different bacterial strains.
- Its formula is based on some high doses.
- Only requires you to take one pill each day.
- Surprisingly affordable (for its quality and value).
- Comes with a 90-day money back guarantee package.
But if that's not enough, here are more crucial reasons why I recommend it:
- Based on a unique encapsulation technology.
- Its composition is doctor-formulated.
- Very concentrated formula with a variety of strains.
- Has over 7000 satisfied users behind.
- Offered with several discounts available.
This supplement is easy to swallow and it works best when taken on an empty stomach.
However, you can try “the after meal” approach, if its works for you better.
I recommend you to take this supplement as long as you have gut issues.
If you are generally healthy, it is better to take a less concentrated one.
1MD's Complete Probiotics Platinum is the best probiotic supplement out there.
It is composed of one of the most powerful formulas in the market.
Plus, it comes with a 90-day moneyback guarantee of package.
My Final Thoughts
You would not be wrong by trying probiotics.
Their health benefits are just overwhelming:
- Improved digestive problems.
- Lessened IBS symptoms.
- Upgraded immune health.
- Enhanced weight loss.
- Fewer acne breakouts and skin issues.
- Improved mental health.
- Urinary infections prevention.
- Better management of allergies/ eczema.
- Boosted general health.
My advice would be to choose the best probiotic supplement – Complete Probiotics Supplement.
Once you give it a try, you won't regret it.
It will indeed take some time to work – but this product's benefits are real.
Compared to all the other probiotics out there, it's clearly superior.