It’s time for my StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream review – a product specially designed against wrinkles.
But are there any chances that it’s a scam? Possibly:
- very high price tag
- only designed for a small area
- doesn’t work for the entire face
So what’s the truth behind this cream? Is it really worth buying?
I analyzed it in detail to give you the truth about this product.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream.
Full Name: Retinol Eye Cream by StriVectin
Product Type: Anti-Aging Cream
Best Actual Prize: Around $75
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Targeting wrinkles– it claims to:
- firm the eye area
- hydrate under-eye area
- smooth skin texture
My Rating: 7 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really. It’s not a bad product, but it’s far from amazing:
- Not effective for the entire face
- May cause side effects
- Very expensive for its quantity
However, I recommend another anti-aging product with a much better formula instead.
What I Liked About It
- Contains a patented technology
- Has a very strong formula and ingredients
- Nice consistency and smell
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Small quantity
- Only targets a small area
- Very expensive
- Causes side effects quite often (skin and eye irritation)
#1 – Claims & Producer
First of all, here’s what you should know about this product:
- who is its producer
- how exactly it works
- what skin issues it helps most
This cream claims to have a “difference-making formula that’s also gentle enough for the delicate eye area.”
According to its website, this is what it means:
- delivers the benefits of Retinol
- nourishes and hydrates the skin
- minimizes the look of fine lines
Also – this cream claims to smooth and refine skin texture.
But in order to see these immediate results, you skin needs to get a high doses of these ingredients.
Most creams don’t work very fast, that’s why I’m a bit reluctant about this claim.
So at this point, I don’t consider StriVectin’s cream an exceptional product.
2. Company Behind
The company behind this cream is StriVectin:
- the brand has a very professional official website
- it’s been on the market for a very long time
- its reputation is excellent
Upon looking for the brand online, it is quite popular and has some articles featuring its products.
In that case, I would say it’s safe to buy from it.
#2 – Formula (9 out of 10)
When it comes to this cream’s ingredients, there are a lot of things to praise.
It contains a combination of ingredients that cannot be found on most anti-aging creams:
- contains 2 major ingredients (NIA-114™ and Retinol)
- contains herbal extracts
- has a good formula overall
Just like any cream – there are no doses indicated for any ingredient.
But given the composition of its formula – it has all chances to be effective on paper.
Let’s take a closer look at its major compositions – starting from the top ingredient:
This is a trademark compound and an optimized form of Niacin(Vitamin B3).
In fact – this ingredient is present in almost all of the brand’s products.
It also has some clinical evidence behind it (when it comes to reducing wrinkles).
These are the main benefits of NIA-114™:
- boosts the performance of other ingredients
- prevents topical water loss
- lightens dark spots 
Besides -it also helps lightening darker spots (especially those caused by sun exposure).
This is probably the most important ingredient found in many anti-aging creams.
Let’s take a look at what this compound can do:
- improves skin color
- stimulates thenproduction of collagen 
- softens rough patches
As we age, the production of collagen decreases resulting in aged-looking skin.
Retinol can boost collagen production to reduce wrinkles and sagging.
Another type of ingredients present in this serum is Peptides.
These are the benefits it can give you:
- promotes firmer skin 
- helps to achieve younger-looking skin
- stimulates skin to produce more collagen and elastin
Some skin care brands are starting to incorporate Peptides into their products.
That’s because adding this component will contribute a lot to retain firmer skin.
4. Additional Ingredients
These are some of the additional ingredients present in the serum:
- Avena Sativa Kernel Extract – fights dull skin 
- Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract – keeps skin smooth and plump 
- Dimethicone – acts as a skin barrier against irritants
If you looked in other creams – you might have noticed that herbal extracts and dimethicone are pretty common for these products.
StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream has a good formula overall:
- contains a combination of patented compounds and Retinol
- also has some herbal extracts
NIA-114™ and Retinol are probably the best ingredients this product has.
But this product targets the under-eye area only and not the entire face.
So despite its good formula, there are better alternatives out there (for the whole face).
#3 – Consistency & Dosage (8 out of 10)
Here’s what you should know about this product’s texture.
1. The Consistency
First of all, Retinol Eye Cream has a classic texture:
- pale pink cream
- quite thick and creamy consistency
- light scent
The cream is a little thick, so a little goes a long way.
But since it is quite thick, it may take a little time to be absorbed by the skin.
So that’s a possible downside, if you ask me.
2. The Dosage
According to its instructions – here’s how you should use this cream:
- Apply it on clean skin.
- Dispense a small amount of product on your finger.
- Gently pat the product around the orbital bone.
- Use it daily during morning and night.
Just like most cream, it has some really simple instructions on how to apply it.
So using it is pretty easy overall.
If you want to get the best effect of it, you need to apply it twice daily, which isn’t too uncomfortable.
#4 – Results (7 out of 10)
If you want to know how a product work, you should take a look at the other customers’ opinions.
And that’s exactly what I did in order to avoid giving you an unbiased view.
I checked out the reviews of StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream on Amazon, as those are known to be legit.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream has several customer reviews in 2 different places:
- Official website
The ratings of the customers on its official websites are mostly 5/5 stars.
On the other hand, it got 4.6 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
First – let’s take a look at the reviews of people who gave it 5 stars on Amazon.
According to most users – here’s how this product works:
- Some users say it tightens the skin.
- Others praise it for its fast absorption (for a thick cream).
- Many claim it really reduces fine lines.
- A few others say it sits well with makeup.
Since 78% of all ratings gave it 5 stars, I would say that enough users are satisfied with this product.
Given its effects on people, it’s surely not a scam.
2. Negative Opinions
As you might expect, StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream has some complaints as well:
- No improvement
- Not good for sensitive skin
- Skin redness
- Burning sensation
These reviews are from Amazon, so they are clearly real.
Plus – I noticed the same complaints several times, so they are not a coincidence.
This product has mostly positive reviews overall:
- Majority of the user are satisfied
- Others had a hard time seeing an improvement
So I personally believe that this product works (considering the reviews of people who actually tried it).
However – it is made to help the under-eye area only, not the whole face.
It’s surely not bad, it’s just that there are better alternatives out there.
#5 – Side Effects (7 out of 10)
Upon checking, StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream has a couple of complaints here.
Most are related to:
- Burning sensation
- Skin irritation
- Skin redness
However – just like in any skin care creams, these side effects are pretty common.
So I wouldn’t worry too much about them.
Overall – I would say this cream is quite safe and not harmful to your health.
#6 – Price (4 out of 10)
As expected, products coming from this brand is expensive and Retinol Eye Cream is not an exception.
So far – I don’t really consider it a good choice.
1. The Exact Price
As I said – you can purchase the product from:
- StriVectin’s official website
There’s only 1 package size available which is only 0.50 fl.
For its actual price, there’s no difference whether you buy it from Amazon or from its official website.
Let’s check out Amazon first:
- One tube costs $75
- Offers Free Delivery with Amazon Prime
- Offers Free Return
Here is the pricing from their official website:
- One tube costs $75
- Offers pay in 4 installments
- Offers Auto-Delivery every 2 months with a 10% off discount
As you can tell – the prices are all the same in both sellers.
The only differences are the perks they offer.
Given the amount of the product you will get from the tube, this product is surely on the high-end.
So it’s not such a good deal compared to other alternatives.
2. Competitors’ Price
I only want to compare this product with my top recommended anti-aging cream.
I am talking about Kollagen Intensiv:
- Kollagen Intensiv has the best ingredients among anti-aging creams.
- Retinol Eye Cream offers a decent formula too.
- Kollagen Intensiv costs about $60 normally.
- In the best case, you can get it for about $36.
- One bottle of it can last even 6 weeks.
- In contrast, Retinol Eye Cream is very expensive given its quantity.
- One tube will last less (than Kollagen Intensiv).
Between these 2 – it’s quite obvious which is the better choice.
Besides having the best composition, Kollagen Intensiv’s quality/price ratio is so much better.
In my view, it remains a much better pick.
StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream is not really worth it in terms of price.
As I said – it doesn’t target the whole face (only the under-eye area).
Plus, you will only get a very small amount with the price you will pay.
I would say that there is a much better alternative on the market that is a lot more worth it.
#7 – Retinol Eye Cream In 3 Ideas
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on this product.
1. Decent Formula
Overall – this cream’s composition is amazing:
- contains beneficial herbal extracts
- has a patented technology (NIA-114™)
- has a major ingredient for wrinkles (Retinol)
These ingredients make this product a potent one.
2. Small Target Area
When looking for a good anti-aging product, you should look for something designed for the whole face.
And this product only targets small area (which is the under-eye area).
Aging not only affects the under-eye area – but also the whole face.
So instead of using 2-3 different products, better go for one that helps the entire face.
3. Super Pricey
This cream is super expensive compared to other anti-aging creams.
- Full size costs around $75
- Needs to be applied daily (morning and night)
The amount of product that you will get is too little for its price.
So I personally don’t believe it’s such a good choice at all.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not quite.
It’s definitely not a scam. However – there are reasons that would make me think twice about it:
- Does not target the whole face
- Contains a very small amount
- Might not last a lot
- Has a very high price tag
Again – I don’t consider StriVectin Retinol Eye Cream a scam.
There are enough users who swear by it, so it might be a good choice in terms of effect.
But I only advise you to give it a try if your budget allows it (and make sure you afford it 2-3 months from now).
Still – there is a far better anti-aging product out there, in my view.
I’m talking about Kollagen Intensiv:
- Contains the very best anti-aging formula
- Its ingredients are formulated in their best version
- One bottle can last longer than most products
- Fights and reduces wrinkles on the entire face
Kollagen Intensiv is much cheaper overall (given the price and the amount of product you get).
And it tends to work much better as well.
So better go for this product instead – if you want to make the most of your money.