Let's compare two of the most popular bone supplements out there – OsteoMD VS AlgaeCal.
As you probably know, both products are legit and highly praised by everyone.
But even so – which is the very best?:
- Which works for improving bone density?
- Whose ingredients are better?
- Which causes less side effects?
Also – is any of these products FDA approved?
Well, let me explain you which of them makes the best option.
Note: This review is based on my experience + research on these 2 products.
#1 – Ingredients – WINNER: OsteoMD
In terms of composition, OsteoMD has a much stronger formula.
In fact, it probably has the best mix of ingredients among all bone supplements.
But compared to AlgaeCal Plus, specifically:
- based on a superior version of Vitamin K2
- contains the best form of calcium from the market
- is very effective at rebuilding bones
Now, AlgaeCal Plus itself isn't a very weak supplement either.
But OsteoMD has some major advantages overall.
That's why I consider it to be the #1 bone supplement from the market.
Still, let's take a closer look at both formulas separately.
Note: I analyzed the key ingredients of the two hair products.
What makes this product's formula stand out is the high number of trademarks it contains.
Trademarks are improved versions of the classic ingredients:
- they have a much better absorption (and effect)
- they tend to be tolerated much better
- most of them also have clinical trials behind
Consequently, a trademark ingredient is a lot more potent than the classic substance.
As you can guess, it's also more expensive.
So the producing brand spends a lot more for a formula containing trademarks.
But that doesn't really reflect in OsteoMD's price, which is extremely affordable.
Anyway – here are this supplement's trademark ingredients:
- MenaQ7® (Vitamin K2) – improves bone density while preventing blood clots caused by calcium. 
- Calzbone® – reduces fracture healing time and boosts bone density. 
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite – is the safest form of calcium that exists at this point. 
- Vitamin D – boosts calcium absorption and bone density.
Due to its special ingredients, OsteoMD doesn't cause the typical side reactions (of bone supplements).
It doesn't cause any blood clots, stomach problems or diarrhoea.
Its ingredients are directed straight to the bones – not to the heart (as it's the case of many other products).
That's why it's such an effective product.
2. AlgaeCal Plus
Like I said, this supplement doesn't have a terrible composition.
But its formula doesn't impress someone familiar with bone supplements:
- contains some regular ingredients (for a bone product)
- doesn't have any special trademarks
Now, compared to other bone supplements, it's not that bad.
But compared to OsteoMD – it's clearly inferior.
So let's see its main ingredients:
- Vitamin C – boosts bone collagen. 
- Calcium – maintains bone strength.
- Vitamin D – increases the absorption of calcium. 
- Magnesium – decreases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin K – improves bone density.
- Boron – may support bone development.
Compared to OsteoMD, AlgaeCal doesn't contain as many trademarked ingredients.
In fact, most of its compounds come in the regular version.
That's not necessarily bad – but it's not great either.
In comparison to AlgaeCal Plus, OsteoMD's formula is clearly superior:
- based on several trademark (improved) ingredients
- doesn't cause blood clots (as 90% of bone supplements out there)
- is a lot stronger overall
Its ingredients are one of the main reason why I'm such a big fan of OsteoMD.
On the other hand, AlgaeCal Plus doesn't look terrible, but it's not that impressive either.
But all in all, OsteoMD is clearly the winner here.
#2 – Pills & Dosage – WINNER: OsteoMD
In order to choose the winner here, we will look at:
- size of their tablets
- serving size
- number of pills required per day
Now – bone supplements aren't necessarily the most convenient ones to take.
But there's a difference between OsteoMD and AlgaeCal Plus even here.
This supplement's pills look pretty typical.
They are formulated as gelatin capsules with a transparent cover.
So in terms of size, I would say they're easy to swallow.
When it comes to the dosage, OsteoMD has quite a high serving size:
- requires 3 capsules per day
- recommends taking all of them together
Compared to AlgaeCal, I would say its dosage is a lot more convenient.
But even so – OsteoMD isn't the easiest-to-take supplement from the market.
It could be worse, though (see AlgaeCal).
2. AlgaeCal Plus
Just like OsteoMD, this supplement has some regular gelatin capsules.
The problem appears when it comes to its dosage:
- requires 4 pills a day
- label recommends spacing them out (in 2 rounds)
In other words, you have to take 2 pills twice a day.
That's definitely more difficult than in OsteoMD's case.
If you're also taking some additional medication (and you probably are) – it's going to be even harder.
Summing up, OsteoMD and AlgaeCal Plus have some similar pills.
But in terms of dosage, taking OsteoMD is easier.
That's why it's the winner in this aspect.
#3 – Results – WINNER: OsteoMD
It's true that both supplements are highly praised.
But AlgaeCal Plus doesn't have as many positive reviews as OsteoMD.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
First of all – this product is sold both on its official website and on Amazon.
As you probably know, I rarely analyze reviews from official pages (they are false positive).
But OsteoMD comes with a mix of reviews (both positive and negative).
In other words, it allows both praises and complaints.
This proves the product (and its brand) are extremely honest and transparent.
Anyway – let's see what people say about OsteoMD:
- Many users claim it improved their bone density a lot.
- Other state it helped them recover really fast (after a fracture).
- A few others even claim their doctors were shocked by their results.
I analyzed these opinions from Amazon and 1MD's website.
But on Amazon, this product has an average rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 (which is huge).
So this tells a lot about its excellent effect.
Trust me – if it wasn't so helpful for bone health, it wouldn't have that many people praising it.
2. AlgaeCal Plus
This product doesn't have a very negative feedback either.
Like OsteoMD, it's available on both its official website and Amazon.
However, its official website doesn't always work (which is a real problem).
Now – when it comes to its Amazon reviews, it also has a high rating (4.6 starts out of 5):
- Some people state it helped their osteopenia and bone health.
- Others claim it worked decently.
- Quite a few people complained about the side effects it has.
- Others criticized it for being too expensive.
But all in all, AlgaeCal Plus' user feedback is also pretty positive.
It's not as impressive as that of OsteoMD, but it could be a lot worse.
Overall, OsteoMD has a higher success rate than AlgaeCal.
Its satisfied users number is much higher than that of AlgaeCal Plus.
Both products work, that's for sure.
But OsteoMD's effectiveness is above.
#4 – Side Effects – WINNER: OsteoMD
Bone supplement are surely not the safest category of products out there.
But even so – OsteoMD and AlgaeCal Plus don't look that bad here.
One thing I loved about this product is its safety.
That's because it's probably the most well-tolerated bone supplement out there.
OsteoMD has a very low rate of side reactions – and it's easy to explain why:
- It's designed to take calcium directly to bones.
- In this way, it avoids blood clots caused by this mineral.
- It also doesn't irritate the stomach or cause diarrhoea.
Now, bone supplements aren't extremely well-tolerated in general.
That's mostly because of the poor calcium version they contain.
Most of them cause blood clots and worsen heart problems.
That's why OsteoMD has a major advantage here.
2. AlgaeCal Plus
Unlike OsteoMD, AlgaeCal Plus does have a couple of complaints on side effects:
- diarrhoea and cramps
- blood clots
Judging after its formula, I can't say these issues are surprising.
But even so, there are a lot of worse products (in terms of side reactions).
Still, you can't deny that AlgaeCal does cause some issues in certain people.
Between these 2 products, OsteoMD is clearly a much safer option.
Due to its formula, it has a better absorption and an insignificant risk of side reactions.
So if you need a safe bone supplement, OsteoMD is the best.
#5 – Price – WINNER: OsteoMD
As you can guess, bone supplements in general aren't very cheap.
But the winner of this round is definitely affordable (for its quality).
As I said – you can get this product in 2 sellers:
- its official website
Now, I strongly recommend buying it ONLY from the official website.
Besides the lower price, you also get a money back guarantee and the original product.
As for Amazon, I wouldn't 100% guarantee it's the original supplement.
That's why I only advise you to buy it from its official page.
In terms of pricing – OsteoMD is extremely affordable for its quality:
- Regular price is $50/bottle.
- For a larger supply, you can pay around $41/bottle.
- You can also go for a subscription.
- In this case, the regular price is $46.
- If you also go for the largest supply (with subscription), you pay around $37/bottle.
Now, whether you want to go for a subscription or not – it's up to you.
But OsteoMD is definitely worth giving a try.
Its price is extremely low for what it contains and for its quality.
Just keep in mind that you can only buy it within the US.
2. AlgaeCal Plus
Despite not having such a valuable formula (as OsteoMD), this product is pricier.
It's also available on its official website and Amazon.
But as you can guess, there are more option size available on its producer's page:
- Regular bottle costs $69.
- A 3 months supply is $177, while a 6 months supply is $294.
- In other words, the lowest price is $49/bottle.
To put it simply, AlgaeCal Plus' lowest price is the same as OsteoMD's standard price.
If you do the math, OsteoMD's lowest price is $37 – which is a $12 difference.
For what it contains, AlgaeCal Plus isn't extremely affordable.
It's surely not pricey (as other bone products cost over $100).
But considering its formula, it could be a lot cheaper.
In terms of price, OsteoMD is clearly the winner.
It costs a lot less – but it also has a much better composition and effect.
So why go for a pricier and weaker option (AlgaeCal Plus) instead?
My Verdict – OsteoMD Or AlgaeCal?
Short answer: OsteoMD, that's for sure.
As you can tell, it scored much better in all the aspects we analyzed:
- Much better ingredients with a stronger effect.
- Easier to take on a regular basis
- A lot more satisfied users that swear by it
- Way lower risk of side effects
- Incredibly affordable for its quality and composition
And also but not least – it's extremely effective for rebuilding bones and restoring their density.
To be honest, OsteoMD is the #1 bone supplement I have seen on the market.
And I say this after analyzing over 50 different products.
It's surely not perfect from all points of view.
Unfortunately, you can only buy it if you live in the US.
But if you have the chance to buy it – I definitely recommend it.
It makes the best option for your damaged bones.
So I would say it's their best chance to get back to life.