Let's compare two weight loss products – Saxenda VS PhenQ.
Are they the same thing?:
- Which of the two has a more effective formula?
- Is one of them safer for overall use?
- Which product offers better value for your money?
Well – let me give you a detailed comparison in this review.
This is to give you insights if both of them are similar or not.
Note: This review is based on my experience + research on these 2 products.
#1 – Ingredients – WINNER: PhenQ
When it comes to formulation, I would say that PhenQ is better than Saxneda.
If you ask me why, let me quickly list down my criteria as to why I said that:
- how they work to reduce excess weight
- the major compounds present in each product
At first, you might think that Saxenda should won in this chapter since it's a prescription medicine.
However – its main active compound is quite risky even if it's effective in many cases.
So that's why I prefer PhenQ's formula since it's safer while giving equally effective results.
Nevertheless, let's discuss the ingredients of each product below.
1. Saxenda's Ingredients
First, you should note that Saxenda is a weight loss prescription medication.
Its primary active ingredient is liraglutide which is a GLP-1 receptor agonist.
So with that, let me give you the functions of this compound:
- improves insulin sensitivity and pancreatic cell functions 
- encourages the reduction of excess weight 
- regulates the blood pressure, triglyceride and blood sugar levels
- alleviates obesity-related problems such as type 2 diabetes 
In return, the users of Saxenda should feel the following effects:
- slowed gastric acid emptying
- curbed appetite
- prolonged sense of satiety
- reduction in excess body mass
One factor that liraglutide influences is the neuronal pathways or the neurotransmitters .
In some studies, it has promising properties such as antidepressant effects .
So ideally, your brain and body should work together to address and remove excess weight.
However – some complaints were raised regarding Saxenda's alarming side reactions.
The most recent reports were about how very few people experienced depression/suicidal ideation.
While these issues may not affect the majority of users, the potential for such risks exists.
If you ask me – I don't really suggest the use of Saxenda.
Most especially if you have a history of mental health concerns.
So despite being a prescription medication with proven benefits for weight loss, I still don't recommend it.
Unless you have obesity-related complications and your doctor requires you to use it then it's up to you.
2. PhenQ‘s Ingredients
Now – unlike Saxenda, PhenQ is a supplement with 5 unique mechanisms of action.
But before I express my thoughts about it, let's give a quick run-through about its formula:
- has a trademark substance called α-Lacys Reset (superior versions of Alpha Lipoic Acid, Cysteine and Magnesium)
- contains strong compounds with strong slimming benefits (Capsicum extract and caffeine) 
- the rest of its ingredients contribute to PhenQ's effectiveness in reducing excess weight
- majority of the compounds in the formula are clinically tested
So with that, here are the effects that you should expect:
- boosted metabolic processes 
- reduced appetite and cravings 
- increased thermogenesis (fat-burning process)
- better after-exercise recovery
- decreased fat accumulation
- removed dietary fat molecules from the body 
In short, PhenQ promotes weight loss and at the same time, inhibits further weight gain.
Not to mention that it didn't get any negative reports that it caused any mental health issues.
Again – it promotes thermogenesis which is the process of turning excess stored fats into energy .
So with that being said, you're not only losing weight, you're also reducing the chances of fatigue.
In my view, PhenQ is a great product that can really help you lose weight without putting your health at risk.
So as you can see, it's effective even though it's a supplement and not a prescription medication.
With that, it's the one I recommend since the combination of its 7 active ingredients truly works.
To sum it up – PhenQ has a safer formulation than Saxenda but that's not the only reason.
It's also proven to produce effective loss of excess weight while still being a supplement.
So if you're a healthy individual who just wants to shed some extra pounds, PhenQ is the best choice.
But if you have health issues connected to being overweight, consult your doctor first.
This is to see if you're allowed to use Saxenda since it's quite risky (in my view).
#2 – Consistency & Dosage – WINNER: PhenQ
Next, let's compare the characteristics of Saxenda and PhenQ:
- suggested product usage
- physical appearances
Honestly – PhenQ is the real winner in this chapter since it's comfortable to use.
But let's still discuss the differences between the products below.
Let me tell you right away that Saxenda is a pre-filled injectable medication:
- colorless and watery consistency
- a hint of typical medicinal scent
Now – if you get your Saxenda from your doctor, you'll already get the exact dose for your needs.
So all you have to do is to administer it subcutaneously after getting proper training from a professional.
At first, it might sound simple and time-saving but that's not the real issue here.
The major reason why I don't prefer is because you need to inject Saxenda every single day.
So the mere act of injecting it is uncomfortable and having to do daily is quite painful in the long run.
Overall – the reason above is Saxenda's major drawback even though a lot of people find it effective.
On the other hand, PhenQ looks like a normal oral supplement:
- slightly larger pill size
- formulated as tablets
- quite unpleasant taste
Usually – not all people are a fan of big-sized pills.
But to be honest, it's still forgiving to consume compared to injection
Most especially because you only need to take 2 pills per day (breakfast and lunch).
So in terms of discomfort, PhenQ is still manageable to use compared to Saxenda.
Overall – it's the major factor why it's the winner in this section apart from providing promising weight loss results.
If you ask me, both products in this review have very different usage instructions.
But in my opinion, PhenQ is an easier and more comfortable type of weight loss regimen.
Again – it's an oral supplement that you need to take orally (not via injection) daily.
So if you ask me, the effort of consuming it is worth it since it gives significant effective outcomes.
#3 – Results – WINNER: PhenQ
Saxenda and PhenQ have the same goal when it comes to helping people lose weight.
However – you'll see that there will still be differences between them in this chapter.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
Honestly – it's reasonable that we're not going to see a lot of customer reviews for Saxenda.
Again, the reason for this is that it's a prescription medicine so limited feedback is expected.
So with that, here's a summary of the opinions I gathered:
- The majority of the users experienced noticeable weight loss.
- Some mentioned that their appetite and cravings were curbed.
- Other people who used Saxenda reached normal BMI with consistent use.
- There were also complaints about the opposite reactions such as weight gain (rare instances).
- A minimal number of customers reported mild to alarming side effects.
Based on a lot of people, Saxenda truly provides weight reduction results.
However – it's more on individuals with genuine health issues connected to obesity.
So using Saxenda without legitimate overweight-related medical issues can potentially pose health risks.
In my opinion, I advise that you seek less risky alternatives that are similarly effective in shedding excess weight.
Most especially if you're a healthy individual whose only main goal is to lose extra pounds.
In the case of PhenQ, there will be a lot of user feedback since it's readily available without prescription.
Let me give you the most common reviews of people who tried it:
- Numerous users said that it has outperformed other supplements in providing weight loss results.
- Some mentioned belly fat reduction, halted weight gain and controlled appetite/cravings.
- Many users recommended taking it while doing regular exercise and following a balanced diet for optimum outcomes.
- Others complained about its high price when compared to similar weight loss supplements.
- A few people suggested that you should be patient and use it consistently since results don't appear immediately.
To be very honest, don't expect that it will have effects right away.
Well – it's the case for almost all of the weight loss regimen unless you undergo surgeries.
But based on a lot of users, they definitely see changes in their overall weight without any risks.
In my view, those comments are enough proof to prove that this supplement is true to its promises and goals.
So as long as you're dedicated enough and you partner it with a healthy lifestyle then you're good to go.
In conclusion, PhenQ and Saxenda will surely help people lose weight.
It's by shedding excess pounds, controlling appetite and curbing cravings.
But in my view, PhenQ won in this chapter since a lot of people have proven that it works.
Also – besides being easily available, it didn't get major complaints about causing serious side effects.
So if your only goal is to be slimmer, lighter and healthier, I highly recommend that you get PhenQ instead.
#4 – Side Effects – WINNER: PhenQ
Now – let's asses the potential adverse effect of Saxenda and PhenQ.
So which product do you think is safer to use overall?
Recently, I wrote a detailed article about Saxenda's possible side reactions.
But for the purpose of this review, let me give you a quick list:
- diarrhea, constipation, or stomach cramps
- fatigue, nausea or urge to vomit
- low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- allergy to the medicine
- irregular or elevated heart rate
- kidney issues and gallstones
- rashes or swelling in the injected areas
- pancreatic inflammation
- depression or thoughts of self-harm
The first thing to take note of is the list of medical conditions that are incompatible with Saxenda.
I think that this step is critical in order to prevent developing potentially harmful adverse reactions.
As I've mentioned, Saxenda contains liraglutide which is a type of GLP-1 receptor agonist.
It can impact the neuronal pathways and may potentially lead to cognitive decline or mood disturbances (in unfortunate cases).
So if you have a history of mental health problems, it's advisable to steer clear of Saxenda.
Well, these issues won't happen to everyone but it's best to prevent them beforehand.
Additionally – it's not recommended to use it with other medications that have GLP-1 receptor agonists.
In that way, you can prevent potential interactions that could risk your health.
Lastly – understand that it's intended for people with health conditions related to overweight and obesity.
So if you don't have any of them then I strongly suggest that you look for safer options.
On the other hand, there won't be much info I can say about PhenQ in this section.
The reason for this can likely be attributed to its safe, transparent and well-tolerated composition.
Usually – here are the possible secondary reactions that can happen in any weight loss supplement.
- nausea or headache
- intense diarrhea
So in this case, you need to be very careful before trying out any of them.
However – PhenQ is different since it's a lot safer to consume and here are the reasons why:
- minimal to no complaints from users about severe side effects
- very low rate of adverse reactions even the mild ones
Sure – in rare instances, it might cause digestive discomfort and headache.
But it's a lot less compared to other weight loss products.
Overall – I would say that PhenQ is a well-tolerable weight loss regimen.
Just make sure to avoid taking it at night (due to its caffeine content) and properly follow its usage directions.
Overall – PhenQ appears to be the safest option in this chapter.
Again, Saxenda is effective but it has the potential to be dangerous.
So just like what I've said many times, don't use it if your health status doesn't require it.
Instead – stick to using PhenQ since it's less risky while being a great product for weight loss at the same time.
#5 – Price – WINNER: PhenQ
When comparing both products, it's evident that PhenQ is significantly more affordable than Saxenda.
So that's the major reason why I consider it a good investment which I'll explain further below.
Note: I will only analyze the price of the 2 products.
As I said, Saxenda requires a doctor's prescription before you can buy it.
So to give you an insight, here are the details of its pricing:
- A month's supply of Saxenda typically costs $1,349.02
- Discounts depend on the insurance coverage you have
If you break down its price tag, it would result in $45 per injection pen.
While this might seem manageable, it's important to remember Saxenda's frequency of use.
Again – you need to use it every day so in reality, the total money that you need to spend is a lot.
So that's why I would not recommend paying the full price for Saxenda.
In my opinion, there are more affordable and still effective weight loss regimens out there.
Meanwhile, PhenQ is exclusively available for purchase on its official website.
So be careful if you encounter it being sold elsewhere since it might be a counterfeit version.
With that, just buy through its official website to ensure that you get the legit one.
Now – let's take a look at the pricing info of PhenQ:
- A single bottle is priced at $69.99
- The price of 2 bottles + 1 free cost $139.99 ($46 each)
- For 3 bottles + 2 free, it will cost $209.99 ($42 each)
- You can get it for as low as $37/bottle if you use the code FIRST10 to get 10% off your order
- Just make sure to buy it within the first 10 minutes
- Free shipping in almost all countries worldwide
At first, it might seem that PhenQ is pricey compared to other weight loss supplements out there.
But to tell you, this price range is normal for these kinds of products.
So if you're looking for a high-quality and very effective in terms of weight loss, PhenQ is the best choice.
Also – just by looking at its features, you'll find that its price is worth it and reasonable.
Again, it's proven to give significant results while ensuring your safety.
So that's why it remains to be a good investment for people who want to reduce excess weight (in my view).
Just by looking at the prices above, PhenQ is way more budget-friendly than Saxenda.
So honestly – it's one of its strongest advantages apart from the promising features it can offer.
While it might still look pricey compared to its similar products, you'll actually get what you paid for.
Overall – it's still the product I recommend since it will surely deliver the value for your money.
#6 – Pros & Cons
Finally – let's summarize the advantages and disadvantages of both Saxenda and PhenQ.
This is to guide you in choosing which product is suitable for your weight loss needs.
My Verdict – Saxenda Or PhenQ?
Short answer: Definitely PhenQ!
After comparing it to Saxenda, it won in all chapters due to the major factors below:
- Contains excellent ingredients to help reduce excess pounds (backed by trials)
- Targets extra body weight through its 5 unique mechanisms of action
- Fights different factors that can cause weight gain
- Comfortable to take on a daily basis
- Well-tolerable since it doesn't cause alarming adverse effects
- Proven to be effective in the large percentage of people who tried it
- Very reasonable price tag for its high-quality attributes
Sure, Saxenda is a prescription drug that can assist individuals with obesity-related issues to lose weight.
So it shouldn't cause problems (ideally) if you're allowed by your doctor to use it.
However, I don't recommend that you use it randomly if you're healthy and your only goal is to reduce your excess weight.
Again – it still carries risks when used incorrectly in addition to recent reports that it can potentially cause mental health problems (very few cases).
Not to mention that it's a very expensive weight loss regimen in the market (more than $1000/month).
So with that, I strongly recommend that you choose PhenQ instead.
It's a safer, more affordable and high-quality alternative to Saxenda (in my view).
Even if it's a supplement, it can still deliver superior outcomes than other weight loss products.