It's time to review Sugar Bear Hair Vitamins/Gummies – a quite popular hair product.
But does it really work? Is it good enough?:
- can trigger adverse reactions
- convenient to take
- quite pricey
Should you give this hair product a try?
Let's take a look at the details behind it in the lines below.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Sugar Bear Hair.
Full Name: Sugarbear Hair Vitamins Gummies by Sugarbear
Product Type: Hair Supplement
Best Actual Prize: Around $30
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Maintaining healthy hair – it helps to:
- nourish hair from the inside
- support hair and nail health
- increase growth
My Rating: 5 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – that's because there are some disadvantages about it:
- a lot of complaints on side effects
- very high dose of biotin
- quite pricey
If you ask me, it's an appealing supplement because of its how it looks.
But that's pretty much it – given its potentially dangerous formula, I wouldn't recommend it.
My advice is to go for a much safer supplement that saved my hair.
What I Liked About It
- Made by a well-known brand
- Really easy to take (formulated as gummies)
- Contains helpful vitamins for hair health
- Tastes great (compared to other supplements)
- Easy to take on a daily basis
- A lot of authentic reviews available
- Available in many retailers
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Contains a lot of sweeteners
- Very high dose of biotin (can cause acne)
- Causes some other side effects
- Weak for most hair concerns
- Overhyped hair supplement
- Pricey for what it offers
#1 – How It Works & Producer
As always, we will start by talking about the basic feature Sugar Bear Hair:
- who is the company behind it
- how it works for hair
- the exact issues it targets
1. How It Works
If you ask me, Sugar Bear Hair is quite a well-known brand.
You can see it mostly being promoted by different influencers.
Now – it claims to help maintain hair and nails.
So basically, here's how it works:
- nourishes the hairs from the inside and out
- gives additional support to nail health
- provides benefits for overall hair health
I also want to mention some statements from the product description:
- You need to wait at least 3 to 6 months to see the results.
- It's not a treatment for male-patterned baldness.
- Product is cruelty-free, dairy-free and gelatin-free.
- It's suitable for all genders.
As you can see, it doesn't really treat the major hair loss causes.
And that's why it can't do a lot.
Most people who try hair supplements are dealing with hair loss.
Since Sugar Bear doesn't really help hair fall at all, it's not very useful in this case.
So if you're only trying to make your hair stronger, you can go for it.
Just don't expect it to make any miracles for you hair.
2. Company Behind
Now – Sugarbear Hair Vitamins Gummies comes from the company Sugarbear.
As I mentioned, you can see it everywhere on social media.
That's because a lot of influencers promote it.
Also – it comes with a professional website.
So here're what I found out about this brand:
- claims that all of its supplements are vegan
- sells products for hair, collagen, sleep and lash care
- you can also get multivitamins and accessories
- product FAQs are also indicated on the website
- contact info includes email and mailing address
If you're concerned about being scammed, it's not the case here.
On the contrary, I feel like you can trust the brand overall.
#2 – Ingredients (6 out of 10)
In my view, Sugar Bear Hair contains some ingredients that are good for the hair.
So let me break down the formula for you.
There are 3 types of ingredients:
- flavoring ingredients
As you can see, Sugar Bear has a lot of compounds.
However – it lacks other ingredients helpful for hair loss.
I'm talking about herbal extracts like Nettle, Horsetail or Saw Palmetto.
Also – keep in mind that it has a high amount of sugars in it.
At the same time, the dose of biotin is higher than the my recommended safe dose (5100 mcg vs 1000 mg).
This can be dangerous in terms of side reactions (especially acne).
Now, the overall formula is not that bad.
But it's pretty weak when it comes to hair loss.
So let's take a closer look at the ingredients and their benefits.
This group makes the majority of the ingredients present in Sugar Bear Hair:
- Vitamin A – moisturizes scalp and hair 
- Folate – promotes hair and nail cell growth
- Vitamin C – helps the body to absorb more minerals
- Biotin – produces keratin for healthy hair and nail growth 
- Vitamin D – maintains and thickens existing hair
- Vitamin B12 – nourishes the hair follicles
- Inositol – strengthens current hair 
- Vitamin E – improves hair growth and scalp circulation 
- Vitamin B6 – reduces the chances of hair loss 
Honestly – all of these compounds look helpful on paper.
But again, most of them are designed to make hair stronger.
Also – they can help maintain the overall hair health.
However, that's pretty much all.
One thing I need to mention is the absolutely huge dose of biotin (5100 mcg).
I personally recommend taking less than 1500 mcg/day (less than 1000 mcg, actually, if possible).
If you want to avoid side effects, that's a must.
On the other hand, Sugar Bear's dose is literally huge.
That's why it has so many complaints on acne (more on this below).
Now – here are the minerals that contribute to Sugar Bear Hair's effect:
- Pantothenic Acid – maintains healthy skin and nails 
- Iodine – fights infections on the scalp 
- Zinc – promotes hair tissues growth and repair 
- Sodium – stimulates hair growth
If you ask me, the best part about these ingredients is that there's some zinc.
It's a mineral that plays a vital role in hair loss prevention.
But it only helps hair fall caused by a deficiency in zinc.
And unfortunately, most cases of hair loss have some different causes (iron deficiency, DHT excess, etc.).
That's why I would have preferred to see some iron as well.
The formula would have been much better in this case.
3. Flavoring Ingredients
Lastly – here are the ingredients that make Sugar Bear Hair sweet:
- Natural Fruit Flavorings
- Organic Tapioca Sweetener
If you ask me, these flavors were added to make the gummies more tasty.
But in my view, they are very unhealthy and artificial.
I always try to stay away of foods with flavors and sweeteners.
So why would I go for a supplement that has all that?
Overall – Sugar Bear Hair's formula is not that bad.
Actually, it's actually pretty decent for hair health.
But in terms of treating hair loss and thinning, it's pretty bad.
Not to mention that it's full of additives and artificial sweeteners.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (7 out of 10)
Now – let's discuss the interesting features of Sugar Bear Hair.
After taking a look at Sugar Bear Hair, here's how I would describe its appearance:
- formulated as chewable gummies
- light blue to teal color
- bigger than the usual capsules
If you ask me, this product is really convenient to take.
It's great for people who are not used to taking regular capsules.
So it has a small advantage at this chapter.
Plus – its taste is great, as long as you don't mind the extra sugars.
If you're on a diet or you simply want to avoid sugars, it's definitely not suitable for you.
According to its instructions, you need to chew 2 gummies per day.
Whether you take them together or space them out, it's up to you.
But that's a normal serving size.
Again – you don't really need any water with Sugar Bear.
Now, the label recommends sticking to 2 gummies per day (not more).
The reason is to avoid taking higher doses of the ingredients.
Since the dose of biotin is already huge – taking an extra gummy would be even worse.
But overall, it's a very easy to consume product.
#4 – Results (8 out of 10)
Honestly – there are a lot of authentic reviews for Sugar Bear Hair.
So I'm quite excited to see how it worked for people.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
There are some customer reviews on Sugar Bear Hair's website.
But I went straight ahead to Amazon, since the comments there are real:
- Most of the customers said their hair started growing longer and faster.
- Some mentioned their hair and nails became thicker.
- Others noticed a reduction in hair loss and breakage.
- The rest praised that it's in a gummy form and that it tastes good.
Now – thousands of people tried and reviewed it.
The overall rating is 4.5 stars out of 5.
If you ask me, it's pretty impressive – since a lot of people actually liked it.
As you can see, all of them talked about making their hair stronger.
But in my view, it works on keeping the existing hair healthy.
2. Negative Opinions
Despite the positive comments, Sugar Bear Hair received lots of complaints as well:
- Many of the previous buyers experience lots of side effects.
- Others disliked its price for the quality .
- Some said it didn't really work for their hair fall and thinning.
- A few people mentioned that it's not really made for all hair types.
Honestly – the majority of the negative reviews are about side effects.
A lot of them said they developed severe acne.
We're going to talk about this in detail in the next chapter (side effects).
But if you ask me, this product doesn't look good from this point of view.
So you should really be aware of its potential side effects and complaints.
Now – a lot of people purchased Sugar Bear Hair.
Most of them really like the effect it had on their hair and nails.
But a large number of people complained about its side effects instead.
Honestly – I wouldn't go for such a dangerous product.
#5 – Side Effects (2 out of 10)
Unfortunately – Sugar Bear Hair causes some major adverse reactions.
Let's list down the side effects mentioned in the reviews:
- severe cystic acne/breakouts
- stomach cramps/upset stomach
- headaches and nausea
- allergic reactions and hives
If you ask me, a lot of people experienced acne and breakouts.
The reason is surely the huge dose of biotin.
Now – acne due to biotin doesn't appear in everyone.
But if you have an oily skin or a history of breakouts, make sure to avoid it.
And I'm not talking about this product only – but about all supplements with over 1000 mcg of biotin.
Honestly – the consequences are pretty dangerous.
Why settle for a supplement like Sugar Bear when you can get an alternative that is much safer?
So this aspect is one of the main reasons why I wouldn't recommend Sugar Bear Hair.
#6 – Price (3 out of 10)
In my view, Sugar Bear Hair is pricey for its quality.
So I don't think it's the best option from the market, considering its red flags.
1. The Exact Price
Sugar Bear Hair's price on Amazon is lower compared to its website:
- 60 count (pack of 1) costs $29.99
- 3 packs (60 count each) cost $84.99
- 120 count (pack of 2) costs $59.96
- Additional 5%/10% upon subscription
- Free delivery on selected dates
In reality – it's not overly expensive.
But then again, consider the side effects it can cause.
Although they won't happen to everyone, the risk in higher than in other similar products.
So I don't think it's worth all the money.
For what it offers, it should definitely costs a lot less.
2. Competitors’ Price
So let me give you a better option for your money's worth.
It's called Folexin and it's my #1 recommended hair supplement:
- Folexin has some top herbal compounds and minerals for hair.
- It doesn't not only strengthen the hair, but also treats hair loss and shedding.
- Sugar Bear Hair has a huge dose of biotin.
- The formula can only strengthen the hair and nails.
- The original price of Folexin is $24.95, but it can be even $17-18 (larger supply).
- One bottle of Sugar Bear Hair costs $29.99 (one month supply).
If you're looking for a real treatment for different hair problems, choose Folexin.
It can help with hair loss, shedding and thinning.
So it's a much better option in terms of quality/price.
Plus, I used this supplement myself and it worked better than anything else.
If you ask me, Sugar Bear Hair is not an awful supplement.
But it can mostly strengthen the hair.
I don't think the price is right for what it can offer.
Not to mention the side effects it tends to cause.
So I don't think it's the best option you can go for, at this point.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Here are my summarizes views on Sugar Bear Hair.
Firstly – Sugar Bear Hair contains some decent vitamins and minerals:
- really helpful for hair and nail health
- makes the existing hair stronger
In other words – it contains a lot of the essential hair vitamins.
But judging after its overall composition, it's not suitable for hair loss/baldness.
Its ingredients can't really treat most causes of hair fall.
So despite being rich in vitamins, it can't target the main types of hair loss.
2. Acne Risk
Now – Sugar Bear Hair received lots of complaints.
And most of them are related the side effects it caused.
To be exact, most of them experienced acne and breakouts.
The explanation is the very high dose of biotin.
And if you ask me, that's a very dangerous thing.
3. Comfortable To Take
Lastly – Sugar Bear Hair is formulated as gummies.
In my view, that's a pretty interesting and unique approach.
A lot of people hate taking pills regularly.
It's also quite convenient ,since you need only 2 gummies per day.
You only have chew and swallow it.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not really – it looks terrible from many points of view:
- Formula is weak for hair loss/thinning
- Causes a lot of side effects
- Has a very high dose of biotin
- Contains quite a lot of sugars
- Pretty pricey for its quality
In my view, Sugar Bear Hair is only good in minor cases.
It can maintain the health and strength of your hair and nails.
But it's not a potent product when it comes to major hair concerns.
Besides, it causes acne in so many cases – why be the next one?
So if I were you, I would surely look for a better alternative.
Here's my personal recommendation – a supplement called Folexin:
- Works for most hair issues (fall, thinning, growth)
- Its doses are potent but at the same time well-tolerated
- Really well-tolerated
- Not expensive for the quality it has
As I mentioned, Folexin has a superior formula.
It treats the causes of hair loss from the inside out.
I've been using it myself for a long while and it was absolutely amazing.
So it's way better than Sugar Bear Hair.