It's time to review Spring Valley Turmeric & Curcumin with Ginger – because it's a pretty affordable turmeric product.
But price is its only good point:
- pretty weak formula
- low dosages overall
- poor absorption
So is Spring Valley's product worth the money?
It might be cheap – but is it worth $13 despite all of its problems?
I analyzed the supplement in detail, so here's the truth behind.
Note: This review is based on my own opinion + research on Spring Valley's product.
Full Name: Turmeric Curcumin With Ginger Powder by Spring Valley
Product Type: Inflammatory Pain Supplement (Joint Pain)
It's actually a turmeric product – so it works for general health as well.
Best Actual Price: Around $13 per bottle
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Inflammatory pain.
For this reason – it's meant to decrease pain caused by inflammation in :
- auto-immune forms of arthritis (RA or PsA)
- swollen joints
Also – turmeric has additional benefits for heart health, immunity and wellness.
My Rating: 4 out of 10
Recommended?: Certainly not – it's far from a quality supplement:
- low dosages for most ingredients
- no absorption boosters (which are necessary for turmeric)
- doesn't get absorbed properly
It does seem a cheap supplement – but it's not even worth $13 (if you ask me).
I personally recommend a cheap turmeric supplement with a much better quality.
What I Liked About It
- You only need to take 1 pill per day
- Pills are quite easy to swallow
- Reputable company behind
- Many authentic reviews available online
- You can find it in several retailers
What I Didn't Like About It
- Ingredients have under average dosages
- Not fully absorbed by the human body (because it has no BioPerine)
- Doesn't work too well for inflammation (only in minor problems)
- Several complaints about side effects
- Its actual value is much cheaper than $13
- Low quality overall
#1 – What It Is & Claims
First of all – I want to give you some general info about this supplement.
What is promises to do, who is the producer behind, etc.
Unlike other turmeric products – this one doesn't make big promises.
Actually, it doesn't even claim to be the best turmeric supplement (which is totally fair, since it's far from that).
However, it does emphasize something – its natural ingredients:
- no artificial compounds
- free of gluten, milk and other potentially dangerous allergens
Other than that – its claims are quite general:
- Supports healthy immunity and inflammatory response. 
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Helpful for skin health and general wellness.
Basically – these are all known benefits of turmeric.
But due to its absorption problems, I'm not sure if Spring Valley's product can really keep these promises.
2. Company Behind
As you can tell from the name – this supplement's producer is Spring Valley.
In terms of reputation, it's a really good brand:
- focused on supplements with natural compounds
- over 10 different products behind
- trustworthy company
However – most of its other products are also cheap (just like its turmeric supplement).
That's not necessarily a bad thing.
But in some cases, it means the ingredients aren't the highest quality (as it's the case here).
Still – Spring Valley has a really good reputation in terms of producer.
#2 – Formula (3 out of 10)
This is the #1 problem of this supplement, if you ask me.
Compared to most turmeric products on the market – its formula is pretty weak:
- low dosages for most compounds
- poor absorption (lacks BioPerine)
In other words, it's not strong enough to decrease inflammation properly.
Now – Spring Valley's product contains 3 ingredients.
Let's analyze each one separately.
1. Turmeric Powder
Basically – this is the minced turmeric root. It's the main ingredient in most turmeric supplements.
So far so good.
However – Spring Valley's product contains a pretty low quantity:
- Good dosage: 1000-1500 mg
- Spring Valley's dosage: 500 mg
So compared to other supplements – it only contains about half (500 mg vs 1000-1500 mg).
But that's not its only problem.
In fact – absorption is the #1 issue of this supplement:
- Turmeric is very poorly absorbed by the human body normally. 
- For this reason, most brands use a substance called BioPerine.
- This is the extract of black pepper.
- This compound increases the absorption of turmeric (by up to 2000%). 
Spring Valley's product doesn't contain any mg of BioPerine.
However – it also doesn't contain any other absorption booster.
So out of its 500 mg of turmeric/pill – your body will probably absorb less than 250 mg.
This tells a lot about this product's efficiency.
2. Turmeric Extract
This is actually the extract from the previous ingredient:
- more concentrated than the powder
- much stronger effect
- better anti-inflammatory proprieties 
As in most turmeric products – the extract is standardized to 95% curcuminoides.
In terms of dosages – this ingredient doesn't look excellent either:
- Good dosage: 75-150 mg
- Spring Valley's dosage: 50 mg
So besides its lower dosages – it's also affected by the absorption issues I mentioned above.
Out of those 50 mg, your body will get less than half.
3. Ginger Extract
Honestly – this compound isn't very common in turmeric supplements.
That's because its effect isn't as strong (compared to turmeric/curcumin):
- natural anti-inflammatory
- can decrease chronic pain
Besides, at 50 mg per pill – I doubt its additional effect would matter a lot.
For a turmeric supplement – Spring Valley's product has a really weak formula:
- basic compounds
- very poor absorption rate
- low quantities in most ingredients
So in terms of ingredients – I would never recommend this supplement.
It may be really cheap, but it also has a cheap quality.
That's why I don't recommend spending your $12 on a product like this.
#3 – How To Use It (10 out of 10)
Here I want to give you some details about this product's pills and schedule.
And surprisingly – it looks really good at this chapter.
1. The Pills
Spring Valley's supplement usually have decent pills (in terms of size).
And their turmeric products makes no exception.
Overall – the pills look quite good:
- vegetarian capsules
- average dimensions
- quite easy to swallow with water
Basically – they look like most turmeric pills (transparent capsules with orange powder inside).
2. The Schedule
This supplement's #1 advantage is the number of pills required daily.
According to its label – you only need 1 per day.
Since most turmeric supplements require 2-3, this is clearly a good point for Spring Valley.
#4 – Results (6 out of 10)
In order to analyze this supplement's efficiency – I will look at its customer reviews.
They are a great way to see how this product actually works.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews from Amazon (in order to avoid fake/promotional reviews).
1. Positive Opinions
To my surprise – Spring Valley's product has enough satisfied customers.
Considering its weak formula, I would have expected far more complaints.
Still – there are enough reviews on both sides.
Regarding the positive reviews, here's what most users praise it for:
- Improved their general health.
- Cheaper than most turmeric supplements.
- Replaced daily vitamins successfully.
- Helpful for circulation.
Basically – most of the positive reviews I found were related to its general health benefits.
However, the weird part is that they were extremely simple and without any details.
When it comes to inflammation/pain, there weren't as many positive thoughts.
I did find some, to be honest.
But most were from people with (probably) minor inflammatory problems.
This explains why they were satisfied, since their issue was quite small.
2. Negative Opinions
I found quite a few complaints on this supplement.
And as I somehow expected – most were related to its effect:
- Many people say they couldn't see any improvement.
- Others claim it doesn't work for chronic joint pain.
- Some say it does help the pain, but only slightly.
However – Spring Valley's product also has many complaints about side effects.
To be honest, that was quite surprising to me.
Considering its very low dosages – I didn't expect it to cause any side reactions.
Spring Valley's supplement has enough positive opinions for its poor quality.
However – it also has enough complaints (especially in terms of effect).
For this reason, I would definitely not recommend it.
If you want a product that actually works – add less than $15 more and go my for #1 alternative.
It's a much better supplement in all chapters.
#5 – Side Effects (6 out of 10)
As I said – Spring Valley's supplement has several complaints at this chapter.
Overall, the most common problem is stomach pain:
- Some users complain it's a lot worse than in other turmeric products.
- Others say it lasts around 24-36 hours.
- A few others also complain about diarrhea.
Now – this is a common side effect of turmeric in general.
And there's one simple way to solve it:
Make sure you take the supplement after eating (on a full stomach).
- Most people experiencing stomach cramps take the product before eating.
- In many cases – the product's label recommends so.
- That's why I strongly advice you to take it after food either way.
As for the diarrhea, taking the product after eating won't solve anything.
It mostly depends on your body and the product's exact composition.
#6 – Price (7 out of 10)
At first sight – Spring Valley's product might seem of one of the cheapest turmeric supplements.
But in terms of quality/price, it's far from that.
1. The Exact Price
Amazon is the main retailer selling Spring Valley's products:
- Their turmeric supplement costs $12.88 per bottle.
- Shipping is free (on Amazon).
- You can get a better price if you buy 2 bottles at once.
- A double pack costs $21.49 (plus free shipping).
Now – $13 per bottle sounds like an awesome price.
Most turmeric supplements cost around $20-$25, so $13 is almost half.
However – those $20-$25 products are quality turmeric supplements.
As for Spring Valley's product, it's definitely far from that.
For this reason – I think this product is not worth $13 (considering its poor quality).
I can't say it's expensive, but it's certainly not worth even this small price.
2. Competitors' Price
I will only compare Spring Valley's product with my #1 recommended turmeric supplement.
I'm talking about a product called Turmeric Plus:
- SV costs $13 per bottle normally.
- However, it has low dosages and a poor absorption.
- TP costs $24 per bottle normally.
- In terms of formula, it has great dosages and an absorption enhancer.
- Both products come with discounts if you buy larger quantities.
- In this way, SV costs as little as about $11 per bottle.
- TP only costs around $16 per bottle in this case.
Basically – Turmeric Plus makes a much better choice, if you ask me.
It's true that it's a few dollars pricier – but its quality is probably 10x better.
It's not the only quality alternative I know to Spring Valley's product.
But most of the others cost way above $30 – so they're a lot pricier.
On the other hand, Turmeric Plus has a decent price and a high quality.
That's why it's my #1 alternative to Spring Valley's supplement.
Spring Valley's product sound really affordable at first.
But in reality – it's quite pricey for the quality it has.
For this reason, it's surely not a supplement I would ever recommend.
If you want a quality product for a decent price, I suggest my alternative from above.
#7 – Availability (8 out of 10)
Considering it's an inexpensive product – this supplement is quite easy to find:
- Amazon is the main seller of the company.
- Also available on Walmart and Ebay.
- You can also find it in online/local drugstores.
As for its official website – there doesn't seem to be one.
I couldn't even find an official website of the company, but there is probably one.
But mostly likely – they don't sell the products there (it's only for general info).
For this reason, my top pick would be Amazon.
Though I don't recommend buying this product – if you really want to do it, choose Amazon:
- safest of all retailers
- free shipping included
- lowest price overall
#8 – SV's Product In 3 Conclusions
Here's how I would sum up my opinion on this supplement (in 3 ideas).
1. Low Dosages
This problem is available for most of its ingredients:
- only 500 mg of turmeric powder (average is 1000-1500 mg)
- 50 mg of turmeric extract (average is 75-150 mg)
It's only the Ginger extract that has a decent dose.
But its effect is not very relevant (turmeric is much stronger than ginger).
For this reason – I'm quite disappointed with this product's formula.
2. Poor Absorption Issues
If you ask me – that's the #1 problem of SV's product:
- turmeric gets absorbed very badly alone
- that's why it needs absorption enhancers (like BioPerine)
- most supplements use that ingredient
- Spring Valley's product doesn't
For this reason – out of its low dosages, less than 50% will get absorbed by your body.
You can imagine the low intensity of its effect.
That's a main reason why I don't recommend this supplement.
3. Not Worth The Money
This product might seem super affordable (at $13 per bottle).
However – its real value is a lot lower.
That's why I consider it's not even worth $13, judging after its formula.
If you want to get a quality product – add about $10 and get one that works for real.
#9 – My Video Review
My Verdict – Worth Or Not?
Short answer: Definitely not.
It's not a scam, but it's far from a quality product either:
- Pretty weak formula with very low dosages.
- Poor absorption in the human body.
- Not very effective for inflammatory pain (unless it's a very minor one).
- Its actual value isn't even worth $13,
Basically – the product itself is very cheap and affordable.
But it's also cheap in terms of quality.
That's why it's a product I could never recommend.
Science talks very clearly about the poor absorption of turmeric.
And despite knowing this – the company doesn't do anything to improve this product's absorption (add BioPerine to its formula).
For this reason, I strongly advise you not to go for this supplement.
There are so many better alternatives on the market.
So what do I recommend instead? A $24 supplement with a much higher quality:
- Cheapest product with such a strong formula.
- High dosages in all ingredients.
- Improved absorption (contains BioPerine).
- Very effective against inflammatory pain.
Now – there are many other quality products on the market.
But most are also much pricier (over $35), so this remains the best choice in terms of price/quality.