It's time to review Propidren – which looks like a decent supplement.
But does it really work – and is it safe to use?:
- Promising formula
- Quite pricey
- Triggers several side effects
Will this supplement turn out to be just another typical product?
Well – we will find the answers to those questions in this review.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Propidren.
Full Name: Propidren DHT Blocker & Hair Growth Capsules by HairGenics
Product Type: Hair Supplement
Best Actual Prize: $36
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
Designed For: Growing hair out – as well as:
- stimulating hair follicles
- preventing hair loss
- regrowing hair faster
My Rating: 7 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – I found some disadvantages about it:
- pricey compared to similar products
- can cause side effects
- focuses only on specific hair issues
If you ask me, there's a much better and more versatile hair supplement you can go for.
It will help you with several causes of hair loss.
What I Liked About It
- Comes with its own official website
- Contains some good compounds (in terms of hair benefits)
- Pretty decent doses in most ingredients
- Has a lot of authentic customer reviews
- Quite easy to take (low serving size)
What I Didn’t Like About It
- A little pricier than some better hair supplements
- Focuses only mostly on one cause of hair loss (excess DHT)
- Triggers some adverse reactions
- Doesn't offer discounted bundles/packages
#1 – How It Works & Producer
Let me start the review by talking about Propidren's basic details:
- the producer behind it
- how it works internally
- what hair problems it treats
1. How It Works
Firstly – Propidren has its own official website.
But most of its product info can be seen on its official Amazon posting.
As I already mentioned – Propidren has several products on the line:
- DHT Blocker & Hair Growth Capsules
- Hair Growth Shampoo
- Propidren Hair Growth Conditioner
- Hair Growth Serum
But for this review, we will focus on Propidren DHT Blocker & Hair Growth Capsules.
Based on its info, here's how it works in terms of hair:
- blocks DHT
- prevents hair loss
- stimulates hair follicles
- promotes hair regrowth
As I've mentioned, it claims to block the negative effects of DHT in men and women.
Just so you know, DHT is a hormone that causes hair loss when it's in excess.
So when this excess is blocked, the follicle start growing back normally.
Also – the product promises to promote hair growth in 60 days.
But in order to do this, you have to use it together with other products under the same line (that's what the website claims, at least).
If you ask me, it's a promising hair supplement in terms of DHT excess.
That's because it can focus on the root cause of hair loss.
But the side effects that come with it are a major downside (more on this later on).
2. Company Behind
Now – Propidren is produced by HairGenics.
So far, here are the details you can find on its website:
- sells different products for hair, eyelash and eyebrow
- formulations include supplement, serum, treatment, shampoo and conditioner
- you can contact them through the contact page and its social media
In my view, it's quite a reputable company.
Its products are sold in different online retailers.
Also – a lot of people already reviewed these products (in a positive manner, in most cases).
The brand can be found easily online, so they can answer any questions you might have.
#2 – Ingredients (8 out of 10)
Let's now talk about Propidren's formula – it contains 2 type of compounds:
- vitamins and minerals
- herbal ingredients
If you ask me, there are not a lot of ingredients inside it.
However – some of the essential compounds for hair are present.
I'm talking about the classic DHT blockers, which is what this supplement actually works with.
Again – excess DHT can affect hair growth.
It's one of the major causes of patterned baldness and hair loss.
So Propidren is a very promising supplement from this point of view.
Let's now take a look at its formula and its benefits.
1. Vitamins + Minerals
Now – Propidren only contains 3 ingredients in this category.
So here are the vitamins and minerals present in it:
- Iron – has a big role in avoiding hair loss 
- Biotin – supports keratin production for hair and nail health 
- Zinc – inhibits hair follicle regression and accelerates its recovery 
In my view, all of these minerals (and biotin) are beneficial to hair health.
A deficiency in one of them has a major impact on the hair growth cycle.
As you can guess, a deficiency will definitely make your hair fall out.
However, Propidren could actually contain way more vitamins/minerals.
Some of its competitors contain well over 10 nutrients.
So Propidren isn't bad, but it could look a lot better at this chapter.
2. Herbal Compounds
The majority of Propidren's ingredients are herbs:
- Saw Palmetto – blocks DHT and improves overall hair quality 
- Beta-Sitosterol – inhibits the production of androgen DHT 
- Horsetail Extract – reduces hair loss and the enzyme that causes it 
- Nettle Extract – supports hair regrowth and overall hair health
- Fo-Ti – helps keep the hair follicles working properly 
- Pygeum Bark Powder – prevents hair loss and inflammation
- Green Tea Extract – stimulates hair growth and regrowth 
As you can see, the DHT blockers in the formula are herbs.
Certain herbal ingredients are famous for their hair benefits.
These specific herbs from Propidren actually have a lot of studies behind (for their effect in hair loss).
So on paper, this supplement's claims are mostly true.
Overall – Propidren's formula is really promising.
It contains essential ingredients that address the root cause of hair loss.
But if you ask me, it could be better if it had more nutrients..
So even though it's leaning positive, it's not the very best composition I have seen.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (8 out of 10)
Let me give you the things you need to know about Propidren here.
Here's how I would describe what Propidren looks like:
- normal-sized pills
- vegetable capsules
- cream or beige color
Honestly – it looks like a usual supplement in terms of capsules.
So there's really nothing special about it.
After looking at the instructions, I would say Propidren is very easy to take.
You only need to take 2 capsules daily (with water or food).
Also – you should take Propidren for at least 90 days (according to its label).
After that period, you should expect to see some hair growth.
Well – that is how the product claims to work.
Now, it's highly suggested that you use the products under the same line.
So aside from the pills, you should use the shampoo, conditioner and serums sold by Propidren.
That's what the label recommends.
But in my opinion, if it's really a potent supplement, you don't need the other products at all.
Sure enough – that's completely up to you.
In terms of the serving size, I would say it's pretty comfortable to take.
#4 – Results (8 out of 10)
Gladly – Propidren comes with a lot of customer reviews.
So let's look further at how it worked for many people.
Note: I only analyzed authentic reviews, not promotional or fake ones.
1. Positive Opinions
Let's first discuss the comments from Amazon.
Here's what people liked about Propidren:
- Most people said they noticed new hair growth.
- Some mentioned that it made their hair thicker and stronger.
- Others stated that it reduced their hair fall/shedding.
- The rest said that it worked and they recommend it.
The overall rating of the product is 4.3 stars out of 5.
As you can see, a lot of people saw improvements in their hair.
That especially in terms of hair growth and hair quality.
But most of them mentioned that they saw the results only after 90 days.
So you might need to take it for a pretty long time (compared to other supplements).
2. Negative Opinions
Now – there were also customers who didn't like it at all.
So let's see their complaints about Propidren:
- A lot of people noticed no new hair growth after using it for months.
- Some experienced adverse effects after taking it.
- Others complained about shipping and refund.
- A few of them said that it messed up their hormones/sexual health.
If you ask me, it looks like it can't help with other types of hair loss.
So it's a clear indication that it's only applicable for excess DHT.
Also – the complaints about hormones/sexual health are not a good sign.
It's not very common feedback (in hair products), so you should really take note of that.
Overall – Propidren seems to work for a lot of people who tried it.
But it's quite obvious that it only focuses on blocking DHT.
So if you have other causes of hair loss/balding, it might not be too helpful.
It's one of the reasons reason why I don't recommend it.
#5 – Side Effects (5 out of 10)
As mentioned previously, Propidren triggers some side reactions.
So let me list down the most mentioned complaints it has:
- decreased libido/erectile issues
- stomach pain
If you ask me, the issues about libido and erection are quite rare in hair products.
But their explanation in Propidren could be the way the product works.
One of them is side effects of low DHT is a decreased libido, so it makes sense.
Lastly, rashes or itchiness can be an allergic reaction to an herb.
But other than that, I don't think it's a very dangerous supplement.
However – I don't consider it the safest one either.
It's better to go for one of the numerous alternatives that can't affect libido or erectile function.
#6 – Price (4 out of 10)
Sad to say, Propidren is not that affordable.
So I can't recommend it to people who are on a budget.
1. The Exact Price
Now – Propidren is available on its website.
So if you're looking for a discount, it's better to buy it from Amazon:
- One bottle costs $39.99
- You can get it for $35.99 with “Subscribe and Save”
- Offers free shipping (on selected dates)
Also – the official website will direct you to its official Amazon listing.
So as long as you go to those websites, you can be sure that it's the legit product.
Honestly – I find it quite expensive in reality.
Yes, it's a promising supplement due to its formula.
But you can find a similar product (or an even better one) with a lower pricing.
So that's why I don't really recommend Propidren.
2. Competitors’ Price
Here's a better alternative I want to suggest you.
My #1 recommended hair supplement is called Folexin:
- Folexin's formula really treats hair loss, shedding and thinning.
- It contains about 30 essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and herbs.
- Propidren has some major ingredients to block DHT.
- But the formula could be better if it had more compounds inside it.
- Both products recommend taking 2 capsules per day.
- Folexin's lowest price is $17-18 (for large quantities) and the normal price of $24.95.
- Propidren costs $40 normally, but it can be bought for around $36 (Amazon).
If you see both products' formulas, Folexin is obviously the best choice.
Even though it has more ingredients, it's still a lot more affordable.
Sure – Propidren also has a promising formula.
But again, it's quite expensive compared to Folexin (especially given their ingredients).
So I can't recommend Propidren when there's Folexin available.
To summarize, Propidren's price is more on the expensive size.
It has some good features, but it's not a practical choice.
You can still find an affordable alternative with some superior features.
So that's why I can't really recommend Propidren.
#7 – Final Conclusions
At this point, I will give you my summarized thoughts on Propidren.
1. Pretty Good Formula
Again – Propidren's formula contains some top ingredients:
- herbal compounds
- vitamins and minerals
Most of them are considered and proven as DHT blockers.
So that makes it better than most hair supplements.
2. Triggers Adverse Reactions
Unfortunately, Propidren caused some side effects.
But the most notable complaint is the decreased libido/erectile issues.
Based on my research, this is probably the effect of lowered DHT levels.
So you should take note of that if you want to try it.
3. Not Too Affordable
In my view, Propidren's price is more on the expensive side.
It normally costs $40 both on its website and on Amazon.
But you can get it for only $36 (upon subscription).
Still, it's still more expensive compared to similar products.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not really – it's not a bad supplement.
But I found several red flags about it:
- Might cause some side effects
- Quite expensive
- Only treats/blocks DHT excess
- No available bundles/packages
In reality, Propidren is a promising hair supplement.
It contains some top ingredients that can block DHT.
So it definitely helps in reducing hair loss caused by this hormone.
However – I still think its formula could be better.
Also, it's quite expensive compared to similar products.
So I would recommend you a better alternative with some superior features.
I'm talking about Folexin, my #1 recommended hair supplement:
- Very affordable and has a low risk of side effects
- Many people swear by it
- Has way more important ingredients for hair health
- Can target different causes of hair loss/balding (not just high DHT)
Folexin's formula itself makes it a better choice than Propidren.
Another feature is its very affordable pricing (for the great ingredients it offers).
So if you ask me, it's the hair supplement I mostly recommend to you.
It can obviously give you the best value for your money.