It’s time to review Brain Support Plus – which is a very interesting nootropic:
- based on only 2 ingredients
- unique composition
- pretty recent
But given its simple formula, is it worth $40/bottle?
Or could it be a scam?
Well, I analyzed it in detail so that I can find out the truth behind it.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Brain Support Plus.
Full Name: Brain Support Plus by Gold Leaf Nutritionals
Product Type: Cognitive supplement
Best Actual Price: $50/bottle
Cheapest Place To Buy: Its official website
Designed For: Healthy brain support – according to its claims:
- boosts memory and cognition
- increases positive moods
It’s not necessarily helpful for anxiety and depression (as many nootropics are).
My Rating: 6 out of 10
Recommended?: Not really – it’s not an amazing supplement:
- formula is very basic
- no real customer reviews
- too pricey for its real value
I personally recommend a product that costs about the same but has a much better formula.
What I Liked About It
- Contains a pretty unique ingredient for a nootropic (curcumin)
- Formulated as gelatin capsules
- Only requires 2 pills/day
- Should not cause side effects normally
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Only contains 2 ingredients
- No customer reviews outside its official website
- Very expensive overall
- Its actual value is beneath its price
#1 – Claims & Producer
For the beginning, here are some general info on this product:
- in what cases it works best
- the mechanism behind it
- who is its producer
Surprisingly or not – this product’s official website doesn’t tell a lot about it:
- only states 3 of its benefits
- no details about how the ingredients work
- no unreal promises
That’s definitely a plus, since it doesn’t lead the potential customers into unrealistic expectations.
However, its claims (and probably its effect) are pretty basic.
So it’s doesn’t sound like a very potent nootropic – especially when compared to others.
Still – it surely does the basic things it promises.
2. Company Behind
Brain Support Plus is made by a brand called Gold Leaf Nutritionals:
- based in the US (Baltimore)
- claim to produce high-quality supplements
- has over 20 different products
Now – in terms of reputation, this brand looks very trustworthy.
There is a lot of contact info and details on its official website, so the risk of getting scammed in very low.
That’s why you can buy their products safely.
#2 – Formula (6 out of 10)
As I said – this supplement’s composition is unique (but not necessarily in the good way):
- it’s only based on 2 ingredients
- one of them is very common in nootropics
- the other is pretty rare
Now – compared to a classic cognitive supplement, Brain Support Plus doesn’t seem so valuable.
Most supplements contain about 7 ingredients (on an average).
And in Brain Support Plus’ case – there are only 2.
So in terms of potency, its formula isn’t that excellent.
But let’s take a closer look at its 2 active ingredients.
1. Optimized Curcumin (400 mg)
Curcumin is the extract of turmeric – a herb with lots of benefits:
- very potent antioxidant
- improves memory and focus
- reduces stress and anxiety
- promotes positive moods
However, the biggest problem of curcumin is absorption.
That’s why Brain Support Plus uses an optimized version of this herb – which increases its absorption tremendously.
Still – one issue I noticed about it is its concentration:
- standardized to min. 23% curcuminoides (curcumin extract)
- curcumin-based supplements tend to be min. 95% standardized
So compared to a classic curcumin supplement, Brain Support Plus has a much lower concentration.
It’s true that classic curcumin supplements are used for their anti-inflammatory effect.
So the higher concentration is completely normal.
However – the per cent in Brain Support Plus is much lower, and so should be the effect.
2. Bacopa Monnieri (300 mg)
Unlike curcumin, this herb is very common in cognitive supplements.
That’s because it has a lot of brain-boosting benefits:
- increases memory and concentration
- reduces potential stress
- prevents brain aging
- boosts mental clarity
In terms of dosage – 300 mg/day is the optimal quantity and that’s exactly the dose from this supplement.
So in terms of effect, Bacopa Monnieri should really help.
Brain Support Plus has a pretty basic formula overall.
Its 2 ingredients are indeed potent and their doses are pretty good.
However – a product based on only 2 ingredients will never help as much as one based on at least 5.
That’s why I don’t consider Brain Support Plus worth the money.
#3 – Pills & Dosage (9 out of 10)
Brain Support Plus looks pretty good at this chapter.
1. The Pills
This supplement is formulated as gelatin capsules:
- easier to swallow than thick tablets
- average dimensions
- pretty light overall
Now – some nootropics are designed as tablets, which are pretty hard to take (see Focus Factor).
So things don’t look that bad for Brain Support Plus.
2. The Dosage
This supplement has a serving size of 2 pills/day:
- there’s no standard/maximum dose
- 2 pills is the recommended quantity for all cases
Truth it – many cognitive supplements require between 2-6 pills/day.
So things look pretty simple in Brain Support Plus’ case.
#4 – Results (5 out of 10)
In order to see how this product works, I analyzed its customer feedback.
In this way – you could see whether its effect is real or not.
Note: I only analyzed authentic opinions, not promotional ones.
1. What People Say
First of all – Brain Support Plus is only sold on its official website.
This means it has no customer reviews on retailers like Amazon (which are known to be legit).
So the only reviews I found were on its official website.
Typically – I usually avoid official websites, because the reviews there tend to be false positive.
So I can’t guarantee Brain Support Plus’ reviews are true.
Still – it’s up to you to take a decision:
- Some users say it helped their energy and focus.
- Others claim they could see a difference in their memory.
- A few others mentioned it decreased their stress.
Now – these reviews might or might not be real.
But since they are all positive, things look questionable.
Plus – there’s no way to leave your own review as a buyer, which isn’t a positive sign either.
Brain Support Plus has a very common problem at this chapter:
- no reviews outside its official website
- the existing ones seem biased
So from this point of view – I cannot guarantee that it really works.
It’s up to you to decide if you trust its reviews or not.
But I personally would not recommend a product like it, when there are many better alternatives.
#5 – Side Effects (7 out of 10)
Cognitive supplements don’t cause secondary reactions on a daily basis.
However – Brain Support Plus has a slightly different composition than most supplements:
- fewer ingredients
- higher doses
So these higher doses could be responsible for certain side effects.
That’s why this supplement could be risky from this point of view.
Still – if you follow the recommended dosage, there shouldn’t be any serious issues.
At most, it could cause side effects like:
- nausea and stomach cramps
But as I said, they shouldn’t be very common in most cases.
#6 – Price (4 out of 10)
Like many nootropics – Brain Support Plus is pretty expensive.
But unlike many nootropics – its composition isn’t worth so much.
Here’s what I mean.
1. The Exact Price
As I said – this supplement is only available on its official website.
So that’s where you’re going to find the lowest price:
- Regular price is $49/bottle.
- Shipping is free for all versions.
- Price gets better for larger quantities.
- In this way, you can get a bottle for about $42.
Now – $42/bottle isn’t a very high price, especially when compared to other supplements.
But given that Brain Support Plus only contains 2 ingredients, it is too high.
So I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it, from this point of view.
2. Competitors’ Price
I will only compare Brain Support Plus with my #1 recommended nootropic.
I’m talking about a product called Brain C-13:
- Support Plus only contains 2 ingredients.
- On the other hand, Brain C-13’s formula is very good.
- Their pricing difference is also very big.
- Support Plus costs $50 normally and $42 in the best case.
- Brain C-13 costs $50 normally and $33 in the best case.
Now – these 2 products have about the same standard prices.
But when it comes to discounts, Brain C-13 becomes a much better deal.
And in terms of value, it’s also clearly superior.
So if I had to recommend a cognitive supplement, it would surely be Brain C-13.
Overall, Brain Support Plus is a very pricey product:
- its actual value is worth less
- its ingredients are not very special
So in terms of price, it’s not a nootropic I would recommend any soon.
Especially when there’s a much better alternative out there.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on Brain Support Plus in 3 ideas.
1. Only 2 Ingredients
This supplement has a unique composition.
That’s because it’s only based on 2 active ingredients:
- Bacopa Monnieri
On the other hand, most cognitive supplements contain at least 5 different compounds.
So Brain Support Plus has a downside at this chapter.
2. No User Reviews
Like many nootropics, this product is only available on its official website:
- doesn’t have any reviews outside that
- its official website reviews might be biased
In other words – it’s hard to trust the opinions you find on this product.
To be honest, Brain Support Plus isn’t really worth its actual price:
- one bottle costs $50 normally
- you can get it for about $42 at most
Given that there are only 2 ingredients inside it, it should definitely not cost so much.
So it’s clearly on the expensive side.
My Verdict – Worth It Or Not?
Short answer: Not really.
It’s not a bad product at all – but it’s not an amazing one either:
- Basic formula that contains only 2 ingredients.
- Mostly effective for memory and cognition.
- No authentic opinions online.
- Pretty expensive for its real value.
So even though it’s not a bad choice, Brain Support Plus isn’t a supplement I would normally recommend.
That’s mostly because there are far better options out there.
So what product would I recommend instead?
My #1 pick is a supplement called Brain C-13:
- excellent formula and ingredients
- really affordable overall
- works for several issues (including anxiety)