Let's talk about the 5 Best Fruits & Juices For Diabetes.
So in the lines below, let me give you some ideas to help you freshen up.
I'm also going to explain their benefits, in order to motivate you into trying them.
Note: This article includes references and studies related to the fruits suitable for diabetes.
What You Should Look For In Fruits and Juices
As you know – people with diabetes should monitor their blood glucose levels as much as possible .
Consuming fruits and juices that could spike blood glucose levels are a big no .
But it doesn't mean that you need to avoid all of them.
That being said, here are the factors you need to take note of before trying any of them :
- choose fruits and juice that have low glycemic index (GI)
- find the ones with a high fiber content and healthy fats
- opt for natural sugar or naturally sweet fruits (so that you won't need a sweetener)
- be mindful of your portion sizes
- always prepare fresh fruits and freshly juiced ingredients (store-bought products are high in sugar)
- combine them with your healthy and nutritious meals
Finally, having diabetes doesn't mean you should stick to water all the time.
You can still enjoy sumptuous fruits and juices without compromising your health.
So let me give some suggestions you might want to add to your diet plan.
#1 – Berries
Let's start with the types of berries that are beneficial for diabetes.
I included their glycemic indexes below:
- raspberries (GI = 25) 
- blueberries (GI = 53) 
- strawberries (GI = 25) 
- cranberries (GI = 45) 
Like any fruits, berries are easy to consume, just clean them thoroughly and you're good to go.
Firstly, choosing fruits with a GI of around 55 or less is considered right for diabetic people .
Now – if you're curious, here are the benefits of eating berries :
- ameliorates postprandial hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia
- improves blood pressure, glycemic and lipid profiles
- helps prevent diabetes and its complications
- inhibits inflammation related to obesity/overweight 
- berries are rich in fiber, vitamin C, iron and B vitamins 
- they are good a source of energy and protection from diseases
Some people don't pay attention to berries that much.
But in reality, they are part of the best fruits that can help people with diabetes.
Not only that, but berries also offer positive effects on different aspects of health.
So the next time you want to have a snack, try berries instead of unhealthy foods.
#2 – Apples
There's a saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
But can it really give you various benefits to improve your health?
Well – the good news is, apple has high nutraceutical values and various polyphenols .
So what exactly are the reasons why apple is a good choice for diabetes:
- it has a low glycemic index (GI = 36) that won't cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels 
- also, it's a good source of fiber that slows down the absorption of sugar and fats 
- it can provide nutrients as vitamins, phytochemicals and flavonoids 
- these nutrients can reduce the risk of complications associated with diabetes
- some of these complications include heart disease, high glucose levels and insulin resistance 
Besides those promising benefits, an apple is also very convenient to eat (raw or cooked).
That's because it's always available and easy to bring anywhere.
So if you want a quick and healthy snack, always bring apples with you.
But just take note of the portion size, just like any food you eat.
#3 – Fresh Orange Juice
Nothing beats fresh orange juice in the morning.
Some studies mentioned that consuming it will improve your health .
But to clarify, we're talking about freshly juiced oranges with no added sweeteners.
The benefits would not be the same if you consumed the grocery repacked ones.
Now – here are the reasons why it's a good beverage if you have diabetes:
- is a good source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and flavonoids 
- can provide a little bit of fiber for digestion and gut health 
- has a low glycemic index that doesn't increase blood sugar levels
- the glycemic index of fresh and sugar-free orange juice is 45 
Although the juice sounds simple as it seems, its nutritional benefits are significant.
In all honesty, it doesn't taste bad at all (on the contrary).
Overall – always choose fresh juices over the processed ones.
#4 – Pomegranate & Kale Smoothie
Now – I have an exciting suggestion that can level up your regular juice.
I recommend that you try mixing pomegranate and kale in a smoothie.
All you need to do is to blend all the ingredients below:
- fresh pomegranate juice
- a handful of kale
- ice cubes
As you can see – it's not very complicated to make and won't take a lot of your time.
So what are the benefits of this smoothie for diabetes?:
- pomegranate improves insulin sensitivity and reduce its resistance 
- can also lower fasting blood sugar levels 
- is rich in antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress 
- kale has a low-calorie content and is high in fiber
- it can help promote the feeling of satiety 
- is very helpful for diabetic people who want to manage their weight
- both ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties 
- also, they are nutrient-dense 
Again – don't add sweeteners or other ingredients that are high in calories.
In this way you can get all benefits of this smoothie.
Overall – I recommend that you replace milkshakes with pomegranate and kale smoothie.
Remember, nutritious juices are better if you want to manage your diabetes.
#5 – Avocado & Spinach Smoothie
Another juice that's very healthy if you have diabetes is the avocado and spinach smoothie.
Firstly – here are the ingredients you need to create one:
- chopped avocadoes
- a handful of spinach
- ice cubes
Like the previous one, just put them all in the blender and you're done.
Let's now look at the benefits of this juice (for diabetes):
- spinach contains a fiber that can regulate blood sugar levels 
- it's packed with antioxidants that protection against cell damage 
- its potassium content helps heart health and blood pressure 
- avocado is low in carbohydrates 
- promotes satiety since it's rich in fiber and healthy fats 
- can lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risks of heart disease 
- has a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals 
Honestly, incorporating this juice into your diet will give a huge impact on your health.
In fact – it's not only beneficial for diabetes, but it's also good for managing weight.
So if you want to control your diabetes, make it a habit to drink avocado and spinach smoothie.
Best Diabetes/Blood Sugar Supplement
Now – including a good diabetes/blood sugar supplement can also help you tremendously.
It can provide additional nutrients, if consuming fruits and juices is not enough.
So let me share my top recommendation.
Name: Striction D by Healthy Habits
Best Actual Price: Around $19/bottle (standard price is $56)
Cheapest Place To Buy: Its official website
Designed For: Stabilizing blood sugar levels
Why do I recommend it?: It offers some great benefits for people with diabetes:
- contains some essential minerals for diabetes (zinc and chromium)
- uses some amazing ingredients (like Ceylon cinnamon)
- overall formula is the best from the market
- doesn't cause any alarming adverse reactions
- many users mentioned that it's effective
- stabilizes insulin functions and blood sugar level
- can also enhance carbohydrate metabolism and normalize blood pressure
If you have diabetes, a proper and balanced diet is a must.
Several studies proved that leaning toward healthier and nutritious food choices has a big impact.
So to make sure you get adequate nutrients and partner your routine with Striction D.
It's a super blood sugar supplement that will truly help you with your high glucose levels.
Again – diabetic people should look after the foods they consume.
It's one of the changes they need to make.
Well, that includes choosing fruits and juices that are diabetes-friendly.
So here are my top suggestions:
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Pomegranate + Kale Smoothie
- Avocado + Spinach Smoothie
Again, those foods have low glycemic index, they are high in fiber and rich t in antioxidants.
So they can regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
Also, they offer other benefits (improved heart health, weight management and reduced inflammation).
Overall – you can still control your diabetes without compromising the foods you eat.
Lastly, it's also better to incorporate a diabetes/blood sugar supplement like Striction D.
As I've mentioned, it has a very good formula that targets different diabetes-related issues.
So with that being said, a balanced approach to nutrition is the key to achieving optimum health.