Do you want to improve your digestion naturally?
Are you wondering what foods and drinks are best for your digestion?
Here are the 8 best foods & smoothies for digestion that can help you.
Make sure that you include them in your diet and you will see the results!
Note. This article is based on my own research on foods & smoothies for digestion.
1. Strawberry + Banana Smoothie
Who doesn't like strawberries?
They are sweet, healthy, and delicious.
So, if it contains strawberries, the smoothie has to be amazing, right?
More than that, bananas are also full of benefits.
In fact, they are some of the best fruits for digestion.
So, let's have a look at the properties that these two super fruits have:
- bananas contain carbohydrates that are easily broken down
- so they are good even for people with digestive problems
- strawberries are rich in fiber
- they are also a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants 
Thus, they might be perfect for you even if you are dealing with:
Strawberries are also good because they are rich in fiber.
Now that you know this information, let's move on to our smoothie.
First of all, I will mention the ingredients that you need:
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small ripe banana (frozen if you prefer it this way)
- 3/4 cup chilled cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
The instructions are here:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding more cashew milk if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- It makes your mouth water, right?
This smoothie is perfect for every person who wants to improve his/her digestion.
Even those who are dealing with lactose intolerance can drink it as it doesn't contain regular milk.
So, make sure that you give it a go!
Strawberries and bananas can sustain and improve your digestion, as they are full of benefits.
Also, bananas are easily digested – so you can eat them even if suffer from digestive issues.
That's why I recommend you try a smoothie that contains them both.
Yogurt is known as a food good for digestion.
Moreover, it is perfect for those who want to eat and stay healthy.
That's because yogurt is full of benefits and so easy to include in your meals.
Those are also the reasons why it is on our list.
Do you want to find out more details about its properties?:
- some types of yogurt might contain probiotics 
- is rich in protein and nutrients
- improves digestions
- relieves symptoms such as constipation or diarrhea
So by eating probiotic food, you can improve your digestion.
Do all types of yogurt contain live cultures or probiotics?
Unfortunately not. That's why it is important to choose one option from the following:
- organic yogurt
- Greek yogurt
- yogurt with added probiotics
That's because bacteria turn some of the lactose into lactic acid.
Maybe you are wondering how you can eat yogurt.
Well, let me inspire you a little bit with my ideas:
- you can eat it plain
- you can prepare some smoothies with it
- you can add different fruits, seeds, and nuts as toppings
Which of these options sounds better to you?
I would definitely choose smoothies, because I'm a smoothie addict.
But all of them are both tasty and healthy.
A yogurt a day keeps the doctor away! At least when it comes to digestive problems.
Yogurt is one of the best foods for digestion and digestive issues.
That's because some types contain probiotics and it is rich in nutrients and vitamins.
So make sure that you include yogurt in your diet (eat it plain or add it to various recipes).
3. Turmeric Smoothie
Turmeric is a spice used not only to prepare smoothies – but other types of food as well.
In fact, turmeric is loved by many people, because of its benefits.
That's why you can find many recipes that are prepared with turmeric.
However, let's stick to those benefits that are related to your digestion and digestive system.
Well, let me talk a little bit about its properties:
- is a great source of antioxidants 
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help you deal with various digestive issues
- improves your digestion
One way to do that is to prepare a refreshing smoothie with it.
Hence, let's have a look at the ingredients that you need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 carrots, juiced
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (or fresh)
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Here are the instructions:
- Add all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the smoothie's flavor and consistency to your liking.
- You can add more turmeric/ginger or almond milk.
- Pour into a glass and drink the smoothie fresh.
- It is delicious, isn't it?
However, if you don't necessarily like smoothies, you might want to try:
- turmeric tea
- turmeric and lemon water
- detox drink with turmeric
Of course, turmeric can be added to other recipes as well.
Thus, feel free to use it how you like it best.
Just make sure that you include turmeric in your diet and you will see how your digestion will improve.
If you prepare a smoothie with it, your meals will be even more pleasant and delicious.
So, don't hesitate to try turmeric and turmeric smoothie out.
Turmeric is one of the best roots for your digestive system.
Moreover, it is a great source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Thus, it is a great idea to prepare a turmeric smoothie or to include turmeric in other recipes.
You didn't expect me to say that beans are good for your digestion, did you?
Beans have a bad reputation, am I right?
However, I assure you that they are more beneficial for your digestion than you think.
That's because like other foods, they are full of benefits.
Let's have a look at the properties that beans have:
- are a good source of fiber
- help you prevent constipation
- slow down digestion
- help you keep your digestive system running smoothly
As you might know, fibers are essential for a healthy digestion.
However, most of the time people are concerned they will have too much gas if they eat beans.
What types of beans are best for you?:
- mung beans
- black beans
- kidney beans
If you are looking for beans that are easy to digest, lentils are the answer.
Yet, all of them are good for your digestive system, be sure of that.
However, if you run out of ideas – let me give you some examples:
- bean dip
- bean soup
- pasta with beans
- salads with beans
Which one of these recipes makes your mouth water?
If I were you, I would try all of them. I'm sure that they are delicious and healthy.
Also, they can improve your digestion and help you stay healthy.
That's why I think you need to give beans a chance to prove what they can do.
So, include beans in your diet and you will see the results!
Beans are a great source of fiber, so they should be part of your diet.
Also, they can help your digestive system run smoothly and prevent constipation.
Thus, you definitely need to include beans in your meals.
5. Pear + Ginger Smoothie
If we talked about turmeric, we have to talk about ginger too, right?
These two are similar in terms of form and properties.
Also, they are commonly used for numerous health problems, including the digestive ones.
That's why I will call those two super roots.
We discussed the benefits of turmeric, so now it is time to have a look at ginger's properties:
- supports the digestive process
- might ease cramping, bloating and gas
- a great remedy for an upset stomach 
As our smoothie contains both ginger and pear, let's talk a little bit about pears too.
How come? Well, let me prove that to you:
- an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fibers
- maintain bowel regularity
- promote intestinal health
As I already told you, fibers are essential for a healthy digestion.
In fresh pears, fibers are in form of pectin -and thanks to this, they support your digestive health.
All you need to prepare it is:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 heaping cup of diced frozen pears
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now, let's see the instructions:
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth (for 1-2 minutes).
- Add more milk or honey if you like it this way.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
It is as simple as that!
In my opinion, smoothies are some of the best drinks that you can have.
That's because they are so healthy and so easy to prepare.
Ginger is a great remedy for an upset stomach and pears are full of fibers.
Also, they can improve your digestion and maintain your bowel regularity.
Thus, by drinking a pear & ginger smoothie, you make sure that you stay healthy.
As one of the types of fish that is often found in recipes, salmon is one of the best foods for you.
In fact, many people recommend it as one of the best food for your health.
This applies even when it comes to digestive issues.
Moreover, the benefits of salmon make it a superfood.
Which are the benefits that I talk about?:
- makes an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- can reduce inflammation
- might reduce the symptoms of various digestive disorders
- improves your digestion
Let me give you some examples:
- inflammatory bowel disease
- food intolerances
- leaky gut
Now that you know this information, let's see how you can include salmon in your diet.
In fact, this is quite easy to do, as salmon is pretty versatile.
All you need to do is to prepare your favorite recipes with salmon.
Don't you have such recipes? Don't worry, I can give you some ideas:
- Greek salmon salad
- Baked salmon
- Fish pie
- Lemony grilled salmon
- Salmon burgers
- Salmon pasta
So, what are you waiting for? Start eating salmon immediately!
How often should you eat salmon? Well, it is advisable to eat salmon 2 to 3 times per week.
In this way, you will get the amount of omega-3 fatty acids that you need and your digestion will improve.
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and it can reduce inflammation.
In fact, salmon is one of the best foods for you as it is digested easily.
So, don't forget to eat it 2 to 3 times per week if you want to have a better digestion.
7. Papaya + Pineapple Smoothie
Let's talk about another great smoothie for you.
If you are a smoothie fan, you probably can't wait to find out how to prepare this one.
This smoothie contains two fruits that are beneficial for your digestion.
One of them is papaya.
This fruit is also good for your digestive system. Why?
Well, just look at its properties:
- contains papain, a natural digestive enzyme
- this enzyme helps break down the food
- so you will absorb better nutrients and vitamins
- relives symptoms like bloating, constipation, and gas
As you can see, papaya is great for your digestion, thanks to the enzymes that it contains.
That's why is one of the principal ingredients of this smoothie:
- pineapples are the only known food that contains bromelain
- this is a combination of enzymes that helps you digest protein
- so pineapple improves your digestion, nutrients and vitamins absorption
Those two fruits are indeed special, aren't they?
Moreover, they sustain your digestion, thus you definitely need to try this smoothie out.
Are you ready to discover how to prepare it?
Well, then let's first see what ingredients you need:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 peeled and deseeded papaya
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
The instructions are here:
- Put all the ingredients into a powerful blender.
- Blend until smooth (add more coconut milk if you don't like the consistency).
- Pour the composition into a glass.
- Drink fresh.
So, what do you say? Do you want to start your morning with a glass of energy?
Moreover, your digestion will improve and you will be comfortable during the whole day.
Thus, make sure that you give this smoothie a whirl!
Papaya and pineapple are great sources of enzymes that sustain your digestion.
Actually, papaya contains an enzyme called papain and pineapple bromelain.
So by drinking a smoothie that includes them, you can surely improve your digestion.
When it comes to foods, oats have become more popular lately.
People like to eat oats for breakfast or even to add them to various recipes.
However, part of their popularity comes from the fact that they support your digestion.
You didn't know that oats are actually good for you, did you?
If your answer is no, then let me prove to you that oats can actually be beneficial for your digestion.
Here are some of their properties:
- can help you deal with various digestive issues (diarrhea, constipation)
- are rich in fiber
- improve the bowel movements
- increase the diversity of your gut microbiota
What is gut microbiota and how does it help our organism?
Well, the gut microbiota is the system of microorganisms that can be found in your gastrointestinal system.
Thus, a balanced microbiota improves your digestive and your overall health.
This can be prepared with various fruits or nuts like:
And the list can infinitely continue.
What do you say? Do you want to eat oatmeal for breakfast?
In fact, oatmeal is one of my favorite food for breakfast. That's why I advise you to give it a go.
If you don't know how to prepare it, then let me share my recipe with you.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Now, the instructions:
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the oats.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the oats are soft (for about 5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let it stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the toppings and let it rest for a few minutes to cool.
- Thin with a little bit more milk if desired.
- Serve warm.
However, if you don't like oatmeal, you might one to try other recipes like:
- oat eggs omelet
- overnight oats
- vegetable oat porridge
- oats fruit smoothie
- oatmeal pancakes
What do you say? Did I convince you that oats are good for your digestion?
I hope that your answer is yes because oats definitely deserve their praise.
Oats can help you deal with various digestive issues, like diarrhea or constipation.
Moreover, they improve your bowel movements and the diversity of your gut microbiota.
So, if you want to have a healthy digestive system, make sure that you eat oats.
My Final Verdict
Are you looking for the right foods and drinks for you and your digestion?
Do you want to improve your digestion and to relieve your symptoms?
Here are some of the best foods & smoothies for digestion:
- strawberry and banana smoothie
- turmeric smoothie
- pear and ginger smoothie
Now you know all that you need in order to improve your digestion.
So just make sure that you try as many foods and smoothies as you can.
Only then, your digestion will improve and you will be happy.
A healthy diet leads to a healthy life. Did you know that?